Lubov and Dylan - Wowza!

Pratfall

Well, I thought they looked really promising from the first videos that have been posted... I don't know if anyone else got to see the practices today, but they looked very,very secure and polished.. another leap forward from the last time they were seen.
This is on top of projecting a very likable personality together. :cheer2:

AragornElessar

I have never, and I have been following this wacky sport we all love so much for a long time now, but *never* have I seen anyone so literally full of joy and glee and happiness just to be out there before and during the actual program at a major event like I did w/Lubov tonight during their SP at Cdns. Not only that, but it just got stronger and more powerful as it went on, and if I could feel it coming through the TV screen, can't imagine what it was like in the arena tonight.

And that was just Lubov. Dylan too was just radiating happiness, joy and just sheer delight at being able to skate period.

I've never seen anything like it before, but knowing all they've gone through since coming together in the Summer...They more than had a right to feel like that. It really is one of those special moments that only happen every so often and glad I got to see it. Can't wait for tomorrow for 007 and his Bond Girl in the FS!! :D : D

CassAgain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFvzS5aHQyY

Thanks to MaoFan for the video link.

Ugh, the jumps. Uggggggh, the beauty. The transitions in and out of the pair spin, and the spin itself is just wonderful. They start and finish the lift before the throw loop with a whisper--he placed her back on the ice like she was an egg, and the face caress--good heavens.

Whoever is packaging her gets high marks as well. She looks liked an elegant young woman rather than a cute little girl. Love the longer dress on her.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFvzS5aHQyY

Thanks to MaoFan for the video link.

Ugh, the jumps. Uggggggh, the beauty. The transitions in and out of the pair spin, and the spin itself is just wonderful. They start and finish the lift before the throw loop with a whisper--he placed her back on the ice like she was an egg, and the face caress--good heavens.

Whoever is packaging her gets high marks as well. She looks liked an elegant young woman rather than a cute little girl. Love the longer dress on her.
Totally agree on her dresses. First rate. I am really appreciating how MANY transitions they have between elements--it is HARD to put all that stuff in, let alone get steady on the elements in isolation. Definitely there's work to do but BOY do they have a great foundation and have accomplished a lot already.

Xela M

What I don't understand is why they are struggling with the twist when he's strong and she's tiny :confused:

mag

What I don't understand is why they are struggling with the twist when he's strong and she's tiny :confused:

Tracey, or was it Rod, said that it was a timing issue. They needed to relearn the element completely from the beginning. I assume they both used completely different technique with their previous partners.

Skate Talker

Tara/Johnny also mentioned regarding Castelli/Tran that the 3 Twist is the hardest one to get the timing on for a new pairing - often taking a couple of years to get there. I know I/M did the triple twist at the Challenge and said something about it being their first time (in comp) but they had such a good short program they decided to give it a try and it was successful if not brilliant.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Regarding the twist, in one of the interviews they mention the different techniques used between the Russian school and Canadian school so they need to take the time to find out what will work for them. So new partners plus different techniques taught will take them some time.

Catherine M

I'll try to keep my gushing about Luba & Dylan to a minimum but seeing them live in Kingston was just wonderful and worth every penny I spent on my trip to Canadians. They have everything a pair team needs--jumps, strong lifts, throws, footwork, etc. And then they have that IT factor that can't be taught but is just there. Everyone was gushing over her and how beautiful of a skater she is and it must have been heart warming to them to be so well received by the entire arena!

Guess I'll be setting the alarm to catch them live from Korea and China!

becca

I'll try to keep my gushing about Luba & Dylan to a minimum but seeing them live in Kingston was just wonderful and worth every penny I spent on my trip to Canadians. They have everything a pair team needs--jumps, strong lifts, throws, footwork, etc. And then they have that IT factor that can't be taught but is just there. Everyone was gushing over her and how beautiful of a skater she is and it must have been heart warming to them to be so well received by the entire arena!

Guess I'll be setting the alarm to catch them live from Korea and China!

I know. There really is something to the Russian/Ukrainian female pairs skaters. The dance training at a young age! Lucky Canada.

AragornElessar

For those who might not of caught it on Saturday w/all that was going on, but the Gala will be shown this Saturday starting at Noon. I don't remember which of the TSN channels it'll be on though, so check your listings to make sure.

I can understand why it's on when it's on w/TSN due to it being Aussie Open Championship Weekend and NCAA Basketball about to go into the Home Stretch towards March Madness, but I do not undertand why it's not being shown in Prime Time on CTV as in the past. It's not like there's anything new or a big hit being shown on a Saturday on CTV, so...Sad and strange.

I just can not get over how fast these two have gelled. Yes, there's work to do, but considering when they teamed up and the way they're skating, it is beyond phenomenal. I watched Senior Pairs w/the Parents and Dad thought the cantilever entry into the Death Spiral was one of the coolest things he's seen in a Skating Program in a long time. :). Meanwhile Mom kept saying, " These two have only been together for how long again?" :D

So happy and thrilled for the both of them and can not wait oo see their debut at Worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information