Spanish skating news

ioana

turquoiseblue

New blog entry by Sara:
Ceremonia de apertura, días 7 y 8 de Febrero

English translation:
Opening Ceremony, 7th and 8th February

I don't have enough words to explain what I felt walking behind the Spanish flag carried high by my mate and childhood friend Javier Fernandez, in the huge stadium in front of the eyes of thousands of people and a lot more who were watching on TV.

We weren't a lot, we almost fit in in the same TV shot, but the pride and happiness that the big countries feel was the same that all the Spaniards felt last night. Under the characteristic value of unity in the Olympic Games, there were people from all the corners of the world together to celebrate the sport. Since yesterday, till the day the Olympic flame extinguishes, we all will be Olympians and nothing else, without tags, just Olympians.

Bravo Sochi!! it was the most exciting thing I've ever lived. The only thing that saddened me was that the Olympic flame was lit up outside the stadium and we had to see it through the screens, but that was just a tiny thing!

MsZem

I see the sea
What a lovely tribute to her teammate and friend. In some ways it's a more eloquent (and profanity-free) version of what Jeremy Abbott was trying to express: how hard it to understand what goes into those few minutes on the ice and what the skaters experience when they compete.

I hope that Sara and Adri will achieve their Olympic goals and their future ones as well. They're wonderful.

Finnice

I only now read that she is studying journalism. She seems to be a talented writer.

spikydurian

Javi, you can do it. I am sure by 2018 you would be a different skater. Don't forget you improved so much the last couple of years that you won the Europeans and also was a force to be reckon with at the Olympics. Keep it going, dude.

Jaana

Javi, you can do it. I am sure by 2018 you would be a different skater. Don't forget you improved so much the last couple of years that you won the Europeans and also was a force to be reckon with at the Olympics. Keep it going, dude.

Yes, he definetely should not give up. His 4th place at the Olympics was a great achievement, besides he almost won the bronze medal. I´m sure that these Olympics have taught him a lot and next time he will do better. He is still so young, will be 26 (almost 27) in 2018 Olympics.

NadineWhite

I was heartbroken for Javiar when he barely missed out on the Olympic Bronze (lol I thought he had it), but I give props to Dennis Ten for having the skate of the night. :)

That said, I sincerely hope Javiar continues b/c he truly has it all ~ charm, personality, charisma, quads, et al ~ he really does have the goods to be World & Olympic Champion one day. Here's hoping he realizes his full potential on the big stage. :smokin:

geoskate

Thanks for posting the links. She's an excellent writer, and has interesting things to say.

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
The Spanish Ice Sports Federation made a video cheering their Olympics Athletes (figure skating and skeleton), I guess the didn´t get the rights to show some video from Sochi, but anyway a nice homage.

ioana

The Spanish Ice Sports Federation made a video cheering their Olympics Athletes (figure skating and skeleton), I guess the didn´t get the rights to show some video from Sochi, but anyway a nice homage.

I love the Spanish flag used as an accent in Sara's unitard here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60TbbCFONY#t=2m35s. And, Orser went from marching in with the Spanish team to full-blown team member https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60TbbCFONY#t=2m45s (Lauzon skipped the marching in step :lol:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information