The GAY thread

PeterG

I stumbled upon this article and now realize that it's from last year, but it's cool and I hadn't heard about this before, so I'm posting it anyway:

Train and Carly Rae Jepsen Cancel Their Concert Appearances At The Boy Scouts of America Jamboree

Carly Rae quote:

“As an artist who believes in equality for all people, I will not be participating in the Boy Scouts of America Jamboree this summer,” Jepsen tweeted. “I always have and will continue to support the LGBT community on a global level…and stay informed on the ever changing landscape in the ongoing battle for gay rights in this country and across the globe.”

dardar1126

Twitter:

Towleroad ‏@tlrd 1h
Gay Group Invited to South Boston St. Patrick's Day Parade, But Can't Identify as Gay: VIDEO http://tlrd.us/1ctMCbs

I guess that opens the door a crack. Still a sort of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Southie-Style. But the group can carry their MassEquality banner and wear their T-shirts...so that's something positive.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
The St Patrick's Day parade organisers in New York and Boston are stuck in the past of an Ireland that doesn't exist any more except in their own imaginations. It's pathetic really.

dardar1126

The St Patrick's Day parade organisers in New York and Boston are stuck in the past of an Ireland that doesn't exist any more except in their own imaginations. It's pathetic really.

And the irony is that LGBT Irish people can march openly in Dublin's St. Patrick's Day Parade!

Mayor Walsh said that it's just one or two older members of the Southie parade committee who are so staunchly against changing their policy.

PeterG

In Surprisingly Bold Move, Scotland Offers Asylum to Gay Ugandans

Humza Yousaf, a Scottish member of parliament and minister for external affairs, wrote a letter to UK Foreign Secretary William Hague urging him to "offer asylum to any Ugandans who feel threatened or persecuted by the legis*lation." He added, "Scotland will play her part in providing asylum for those seeking refuge from this draconian legislation."

Wow. You GO, Scotland!! :respec:

dardar1126

Twitter:

BuzzFeed LGBT ‏@BuzzFeedLGBT 55m
Former Miss Kentucky Comes Out In Blog Post: “I Am Queer” http://bzfd.it/1pX4ynT
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bh1pUDhCcAEmJHB.png

EDIT:

LGBTQ Nation ‏@lgbtqnation 22s
Jason Collins to get second 10-day deal to play for Brooklyn Nets - http://lgbtq.me/1diExKl

JoeMyGod ‏@JoeMyGod 31m
29 NBA players have signed 10-day contracts so far this season. It's not that uncommon that the Nets gave one to Jason Collins.

MiamiHeatDish ‏@MIamiHeatDish 25m
Jason Collins likely to be signed by Nets for remainder of season, per report: http://bit.ly/1kQE97g

Last edited:

Ziggy

The second series of "Looking" won't be released until 2015... WTF HBO?!! We're supposed to wait ONE FCUKING YEAR?!! :drama:

dardar1126

orientalplane

Mad for mangelwurzels
22 Rumors, Orgies, And Relationships From The Golden Age Of Gay Hollywood
Culled from Scott Bowers’ infamous memoir Full Service: My Adventures in Hollywood and the Secret Sex Life of The Stars as well other equally brilliant (and juicy) books about the celluloid closet.
posted on March 5, 2014 at 1:25pm EST
Claire Pires-BuzzFeed Staff

Yeah, sure. :lol: I've no doubt that some of these actors and actresses were gay or bisexual, but it's strange that none are still around to refute it. And he slept with all of them (the men anyway) ? Wow, he must have been REALLY attractive. Sounds to me as though he's been adding a lot of fantasy flesh to the gay skeleton.

dots

The second series of "Looking" won't be released until 2015... WTF HBO?!! We're supposed to wait ONE FCUKING YEAR?!! :drama:

That's going to kill any aspirations of a healthy fanbase...which is thin to begin with! :wall:

We only have one episode left until 2015!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

dots

OMG! Watching Daniel Radcliffe give it all in "Kill your Darlings" has left me drained. :eek: What a talent! I mean he gave a great performance.

I urge everyone to go watch this film. It's an instant gay classic.

Also, no one watched Looking's final episode? :confused: I thought it wrapped (for the most part) very nicely. Patrick needs to grow a bit more in order to be ready for a serious relationship.

Richie needs to sort his baggage before he can think of having a stable relationship.

Kevin, what an ass! Sorry but imo he used his position as a way to pressure Patrick into having sex with him.

btw wouldn't there be security cameras in the sitting/sofa area? I am pretty sure an office like that would have them... :eek:

Ziggy

I felt a bit let down by the last episode. I can't even put my finger on why. It sort of put in this closure over everything that seemed quite forced I guess?

PeterG

Sam Adams beer manufacturer pulls out of South Boston St. Patrick’s Day parade

The makers of Sam Adams beer on Friday announced they are backing out of sponsoring South Boston’s St. Patrick’s Day parade in protest over parade organizers' refusal to allow members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community to march in the parade.

Sam Adams is tied for first place in being the best selling domestically brewed beer. It has been a major sponsor of the St. Patrick's Day parade, but no longer. Several Boston radio stations have also pulled all support for this event.

dardar1126

Sam Adams beer manufacturer pulls out of South Boston St. Patrick’s Day parade

Sam Adams is tied for first place in being the best selling domestically brewed beer. It has been a major sponsor of the St. Patrick's Day parade, but no longer. Several Boston radio stations have also pulled all support for this event.

And Heineken pulled out of the NY St. Patrick's Day Parade:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...lls-sponsorship-of-nyc-st-patricks-day-parade

Heineken Pulls Sponsorship of NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade

By Jess Wisloski on March 15, 2014 1:12pm

Excerpt:

New York City and Boston's bans on openly gay participants are in contrast to a Chicago tradition that has welcomed LGBT advocates since the 1990s, according to Time magazine.

"Our city realized a long time ago that we have so much more in common than apart," Tom Tunney, Chicago’s first openly gay alderman, told the magazine. "We’re a city of cultures, and the LGBT community is a part of it."

:hat1:

EDIT: In keeping with our beer theme...

Towleroad ‏@tlrd 31m
Stonewall Inn, NYC Gay Bars to Boycott Guinness Over Sponsorship of St. Patrick's Day Parade http://tlrd.us/Ol1hAi

:40beers:

UPDATE:

LGBTQ Nation ‏@lgbtqnation 19m
#Guinness cancels sponsorship of NYC St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay ban - http://lgbtq.me/1iTAVPf

Last edited:

dardar1126

Twitter:

Towleroad ‏@tlrd 24m
Boston's St. Patrick's Day Parade Had a Stealth Gay Float with Rainbow Cannons http://tlrd.us/1p3jQUM

:hat1:

EDIT: Here's the link to the Boston Globe article (embedded in Towleroad article)...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...haven-heard/1cWGE9P41gWgvCTRodcbRI/story.html

‘Diversity float’ will be part of St. Patrick’s Day Parade
By Andrew Ryan | GLOBE STAFF MARCH 16, 2014

Excerpt:

“It just seemed the timing was right this year for a new change,” [City Council President] Linehan said, noting that Boston had a new mayor, Mahoney is chief marshal, and there was interest in marching from two local groups with gay members. “There are other ways to do things, even if they are not as public, not as volatile, and not as contentious.”

In its parade application, the Lower End contingent described its entry as a “diversity float” that would welcome people of all races, ethnicities, and sexual orientations. Marchers are expected to wear suits and ties or other business attire accented with a scarf to celebrate the diversity of South Boston.

Acceptable scarves — which were agreed to by marchers and parade organizers — include colors of any national flag, a peace sign, a rainbow for diversity, or an equal sign for gay rights. The application noted that “this small token of wearing a unique scarf would allow us to move toward inclusion.”

“The only way for this to work was to keep quiet. We had to wait it out and prove what we said when we first started, that we’re not here to make a big statement,” [Gay Air Force vet] Foster said last Saturday, taking a break from float construction. “We all thought, if we just show up on parade day and we march and have a cool float, people will understand.”

Last edited:

Ziggy

The Kylie single flopped (number 12 in the first week in the UK). :(

I blame the SERIOUSFACE arty farty video. Seriously who thought it would be a good fir for a camp, happy, MDMA-spiced club track?

So now she has decided to go in the exact opposite direction and release a a very subtle fake-lesbian video to Sexercize. (she meant 'Sexercise'). It's rather desperate, I'm sure you will agree. Terrible track as well. The whole "Kiss Me Once" album is very disappointing. :(

It will keep the gay fans happy though as the promotional campaign includes various video 'interpretations' of the song like this one, including male underwear models. (Still desperate).

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
The Kylie single flopped (number 12 in the first week in the UK). :(

I blame the SERIOUSFACE arty farty video. Seriously who thought it would be a good fir for a camp, happy, MDMA-spiced club track?

So now she has decided to go in the exact opposite direction and release a a very subtle fake-lesbian video to Sexercize. (she meant 'Sexercise'). It's rather desperate, I'm sure you will agree. Terrible track as well. The whole "Kiss Me Once" album is very disappointing. :(

It will keep the gay fans happy though as the promotional campaign includes various video 'interpretations' of the song like this one, including male underwear models. (Still desperate).

Isn't all pop music these days desperate and disappointing? It could just be that as I age, I no longer get the appeal. I'm a lot crankier and bitch a lot more now. *sigh* :shuffle: The video did however reaffirm the fact that I much prefer fuzzy guys over smooth guys; I don't like the plastic look, sorry.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Isn't all pop music these days desperate and disappointing?

No.

A few fantastic pop tracks from the last few months:

Allie X "Catch"
Linnea Dale "High Hopes"
Tove Lo "Habits" ('I eat my dinner in the bath tub / then I go to sex clubs' is one of the best opening lines ever :cheer:)
Zhala "Prophet"

The video did however reaffirm the fact that I much prefer fuzzy guys over smooth guys; I don't like the plastic look, sorry.

Same here but I think the main problem was the plastic faces and not as much the lack of body hair. When Marina did the same (frolicking with underwear models under the showers) for her video, the results were much more satisfactory. Marina & the Diamonds "How to Be a Heartbreaker". :swoon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information