Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

RockTheTassel

I watched the men's GPF LP on NBC today, instead of the online streaming that's usually my only option for watching skating. Even just seeing Jeremy's skating on a bigger screen makes me appreciate it so much more. He must be breathtaking to watch live in the arena.

Cyn

*Bumping this up….*

Jeremy was FAN-FCUKING-TASTIC tonight at Nationals!!! Best outing of his SP yet!

His SP scored a 90.23, a US record :cheer2: :respec: :cheer2:

After he finished his jumps, I was cheering so loudly that I woke my kid up :rofl:

Last edited:

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
Thrilled for him tonight!! Really, a delightful performance-he nailed it. :cheer: :cheer:

I love that SP, it just suits him so, so well. Can't wait for the LP!

Well done, Jeremy :)

jlai

Question everything
*Bumping this up….*

Jeremy was FAN-FCUKING-TASTIC tonight at Nationals!!! Best outing of his SP yet!

His SP scored a 90/23, a US record :cheer2: :respec: :cheer2:

After he finished his jumps, I was cheering so loudly that I woke my kid up :rofl:

Did MiniCyn complain about your liking "Sing Sing Sing"? :)

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
Woo hoo!!!! :encore: :kickass:

I don't know if there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said... so I'll just add some more cheering. :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

Cyn

Did MiniCyn complain about your liking "Sing Sing Sing"? :)

:rofl:

Because her dad and I both love swing music, MiniCyn's been exposed to Sing Sing Sing and all kinds of swing music by Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Count Basie, and other BB artists since she was a baby. She didn't exactly appreciate being jolted awake; I was wearing my earbuds so she didn't hear any of the music or the blathering of the commentators. She only heard my cheering and yelling, which caused her to bust into the office to complain. When I started explaining what I just watched, she was :rolleyes: as she has no love for my overly-detailed pbp, my Jeremy-gushing, and how his skating matched perfectly w/ SSS and the other Big Band songs in it :fragile:. As she left the room, she grumbled something along the lines that in my case, it should have been named "Scream Scream Scream" :rofl:.

Last edited:

sk8ers

Well deserved :respec: He knocked it out of the park. Nice to see his skate rewarded. Abbott & Rippon 1 & 2--a good night indeed!

DinDonShamu

Thanks for the revival :D.

Saw his practice today and he was fab. Some rough spots I'm SURE he's gonna work out by tomorrow :hat1:.

Sending good luck charms ... :cheer2: :cheer2:

dinakt

Every time icenetwork would zoom in on Jeremy's upper body, I was screaming inside- "NO, the feet, you have to show his feet, you are missing it!". The footwork in that SP is unbelievably difficult and- so cool :D Amazing SP from Jeremy, eagerly waiting for the LP. That might be the best I've seen him perform.

Bournekraatzfan

Congrats, Jeremy! I can't wait to see the free--favourite LP this season. I get choked up every time I watch it.

shine

What I hope is now that Jeremy has a considerable lead over everybody else, it will help take some of the pressure off him and we will finally get to see this masterpiece of a long program skated to its potential.

Allskate

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That long program was wonderful. And he really did look like he had his nerves mostly under control.

pani

Congrats to Jeremy and his fans! It was a speciall moment of all this week of skating! So happu=y we will see him at 4CC and WCh

jenny12

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: He STAYED VERTICAL!!! (P.S. Shut up Scott)

I'm totally happy for Jeremy after that heartbreaking Nationals last year. Hope he can skate the same way at Worlds.

jlai

Question everything
Did anyone notice/think he changed his quad entrance a bit? He used to skate backwards and turn in the last minute. The two times he landed it he faced the way he was jumping before taking off.

Last edited:

judgejudy27

He was amazing. I really hope he can be in the battle for the silver at Worlds this year (well I would hope the gold battle but we all know there isnt one).

B

Beefcake

Still guilty of Abbott Uberdom. :respec: Right here!

Hopelessly guilty. :)

Forever guilty. :)

DickButtonFan

Yet another skater everyone wrote off, and he's skating better than ever. This must be the year of the underdogs, we had Caroline, Ashley and now Jeremy prove everyone wrong. :)

shine

Yet another skater everyone wrote off, and he's skating better than ever. This must be the year of the underdogs, we had Caroline, Ashley and now Jeremy prove everyone wrong. :)
Who wrote off Jeremy? He just had a bad year last year with boot problems and all.

Meredith

what a glorious day!
Jeremy's freeskate was so engrossing I didn't hear Scott! :D It just doesn't get much better than that!

DinDonShamu

:swoon: Mesmerizing skate :swoon:. Other skaters can look like they work twice as hard but still not getting the speed and flow Jeremy has :swoon:

Good that he didn't skate completely perfect at Nationals. Looking forward for him to peak at the right time.

skatesindreams

I would never wish a slump on any skater.
Heaven forbid that the "skate gods" listen!

Simply overjoyed for Jeremy.
He's an artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information