2021 US Nationals Pairs SP: Lady McBeath Hears the Cheers of Human Cardboard

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Welp, these two are contenders. Best SBS so far, good elements, I still don't feel anything by their skating but they definitely were stronger than CG/L and probably even deserve 2nd but we will see.

LeafOnTheWind

I am trying to decide if they deserve credit for doing other parts from Moulin Rouge than the normal 50 bazillion programs we've already seen but it's just not good music.

VGThuy

Great music choice for him, awful one for her. They seem so mismatched in terms of personality but they do clean elements. The choreo is super bad though. She reminds me of a third tier American Moskvina skater from the early 2000s where she’s able to do kicks and have straight legs but has no personality or natural movement.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I will say that I feel that Audrey Lu is less blank faced than before. And they definitely skated well. That program is not good though.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Lu/Mitrofanov

3Twist +1.46
Lift L4 +1.33
Throw 3loop +1.90
Death Spiral L3 +0.51
Step Sequence L3 +0.86
Combination Spin L4 +1.26

Technically the short program is not their problem, but the free skate it is and of course the zero chemistry out there, 2 seasons now and they don't improve at all, kind of boring IMO

Bosha

Great music choice for him, awful one for her. They seem so mismatched in terms of personality but they do clean elements. The choreo is super bad though. She reminds me of a third tier American Moskvina skater from the early 2000s where she’s able to do kicks and have straight legs but has no personality or natural movement.
She just disappears on the ice next to him, at least in this program.

ilovepaydays

Audrey and Misha are really good! They just need a program that fits their personalities. 🤓

Am I the only skating fan who hates Moulin Rouge? Also - cough original Queen version cough

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Great elements. My nitpick is that his neck is stiff. The choreo has head rolls that he does not look natural with.
They don't look natural with any of the choreography. They just need better programs.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
This is a total Kaetlyn Osmond channeling.

And a great song choice- Chafik Besseghier jammed to this at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information