2019 Junior Worlds Mens SP & FS

D

Deleted member 40371

Gogolev is proving that he is also has Russian citizenship; pops, quads and then pogosplat all in quick secession.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Today's lesson, young Grasshopper, is some days are good and some days suck, but you keep skating. There will be other chances for your world title.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
He seems physically all right as he comes off the ice, just disappointed.

wickedwitch

I guess I've never looked closely at Gogolev's costume before, because otherwise I would have made a comment about how terrible it is.

I'm not convinced he's alright physically. Poor kid looked to be in a ton of pain.

Erin

Banned Member
Gogolev keeps looking at his leg in the Kiss and Cry but maybe it’s just that he ripped his pants and not that he is injured?

It was good for him to fight back after the nasty fall on the triple axel but thought the wind went a bit out of the sails of the program after that and it was very slow at the end.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I am still not over the fact that Russian immigrants can name their son Stephen.
But then again, a Russian former student of my dad's named her firstborn Jason. In Germany.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Maysuradze GEO
Untouchables

4t great
3a2t
3f very good
3r good
3a
3z foot down, rushed the combo
3r1eu3s muscled that around

Stunning quality on the jumps in the first half. Too bad about the lutz.

Empty program, good music though.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Maysuradze

Nice opening quad toe. He gets great height on his jumps. A few turnouts as program went on, but held on. And he was actually born in Georgia. Good for the native talent.

He ages out after these jr worlds and Morisi Kvitelashvili earned 2 spots for Georgia at Euros so he'll probably be there next year.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Why? It's a variant of the Russian name Stepan. It's not just some fancy Anglo name without parallels.
It still sounds strange to a Russian. My brother once competed with a Ronny with a Russian surname. That was also pretty strange. Especially in Germany, since "Ronny" is considered a kind-of "low class" name from the former GDR.

Erin

Banned Member
I totally missed this, and I can't find anything in his fan thread either. Anyone can link me details?

I don’t have a link but he left Orser in the fall before the JGPF. Someone posted (but I don’t remember where, maybe in the Canadian men’s thread?) that he wasn’t getting enough attention from Orser or something along that line. He was already working with Barkell before so it probably wasn’t really that much of a change (but now they don’t have to pay Orser).

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Danelian is another boy I really want to develop and succeed.
Seems rather unlikely tbh. He should be a rather seasoned competitor by now, but he still looks down when he skates and looks permanently terrified.

SlavicaK

It still sounds strange to a Russian. My brother once competed with a Ronny with a Russian surname. That was also pretty strange. Especially in Germany, since "Ronny" is considered a kind-of "low class" name from the former GDR.

What's with all the Kevins, too? It seems to be slightly low class if I'm not mistaken (not so in the US).
I know of a little Swiss-born child of immigrant Serbian parents whose name is Reto. That is very very strange.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
What's with all the Kevins, too? It seems to be slightly low class if I'm not mistaken (not so in the US).
I know of a little Swiss-born child of immigrant Serbian parents whose name is Reto. That is very very strange.
Yep, "Kevin" is also a "lower class" name in Germany since most Kevins over here happen to be total failures. There are lots of Kevin-jokes here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information