What type of Skating to you think you'ld be GREAT at...JUST from the way that you Ska

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by FSWer, Jan 16, 2014.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I myself have always thought about that,so I thought I'd post it just to see what everyone else here thinks about themselves. I'll start...Just from the way that I Skate AND a lot of Skaters and people saying that I Skate well AND that I'm a Natual....I myself believe that I would make a GREAT..ICE-DANCER!!! What about all of you?

immoimeme and (deleted member) like this.
  2. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

That's great. I wish I was coordinated enough to make a great ice dancer. With my lack of balance, I think I'd make a great zamboni driver :lol:

3. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I know what I would NOT want to be - a pairs skater. I'm tooooooo chicken! :eek: :eek:

4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I'd love to be a pairs skater. But when I was young, now I'm sure I'd die.

5. lulu

lulu New Member

That's really great. :)

If I could skate, I would love to be an ice dancer.

Good luck with your skating. :)

6. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I don't know about my actual skating considering I am definitely not a natural, but my back is really really flexible so I think I would have a decent layback.

7. lulu

lulu New Member

I'm jealous :p Just the thought of doing a layback causes my back to go into spasms.

8. ros01

ros01 New Member

My coach always wanted me to do ice dance since I used to do ballroom dance (I learned skating in my twenties) but trying to get a male partner for amateur ice dance... forget it. But then, he also used to amuse himself by tossing me into the air to teach me jumps, and I could land everything. Just couldn't reliably start the jump myself! So maybe pairs!

9. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I would be a men's single skater because I can hop up on a box taller than my hips, just like Max Aaron.

*Yawn, stretch* That was quite a dream!

10. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I think I would have to do pairs or ice dance since I'm better performing with others than on my own. Prob ice dance since I'm not very athletic.

11. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

I like speed, and like to accomplish things quickly, so I'd be a short-track speed skater.

Strangely enough I find watching speed skating incredibly boring. Go figure lol.

12. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I could be an ice dancer (never tried ice dancing though) because edges come easy to me. Jumping does not, and there is no way I would do a pairs lift or throw. I am not even skating anymore.

13. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I've always been a jumper, but the older I get the better I get at ice dancing.

Glad you are having fun, FSWer!

14. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Well I am a dancer. At the old age of 20, I started skating for the first time and was considered a "natural" in that I didn't have issues with falling, edges, and I was jumping in the first few weeks. My coach thought the ballet helped, I felt that skating went against all my ballet training and I felt I had the hardest time untucking my popo and not being so pulled back and straight up and down.

I think I'd be a great pair, because of my posture and core strength. I also love being lifted. I think being a pair would help hide the fact that I don't love spinning. There is a lot less of that in pairs and dance. I wouldn't want to be an ice dancer, because I do like jumping. I used to freak my coach out when I'd try to teach myself based off of what I saw on tv. She'd look at me like, you're an adult, you should be more terrified.

This is all hypothetical, I started way too old and I was way too poor as a child for it to have been a reality. I'm also tall for a pair. At almost 5'5" I need to immigrate to Russia or something. I'd love to have a partner though, for dance or mini pairs.

15. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

I would probably be Michelle Kwan...or a flower girl

No but srsly, singles. I took skating lessons as a child, and I love practicing figure skating moves on inlines (when no ones's watching of course)!

16. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Pairs. I'd have to cut my weight to make it in singles

17. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

I'd love to be an ice dancer but flower collector is probably my limit.