Vera Wang and Lysachek Living together

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Iceman, Jul 18, 2012.

1. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

the Evangelical crack was equally unnecessary.

2. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

To me this would be no different than him living with Tatiana Tarasova as many of her prospects have. They are JUST friends. I think that Evan is just her roomate. I dont get how this news speaks to either of their sexuality only their friendship. If you ask me, he picked a great roomate. There will most likely never be a shortage of cool ass people in Vera's home. Plus he can help persuade her to never use feathers or snakes on any more of his costumes????

3. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Lysacek.

He knew we were bored here in the off season.

Wonder if he's still training.

4. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I think Evan may well be -- and probably enjoying a lot of privacy, now that everyone is talking on FSU about that Lysachek guy living in Vera Wang's house. :p

5. dawnie

dawnie Active Member

I'm gonna assume Rafter thinks that since Jenny81 is a Yunabot, she is also Korean. And a vast majority of Koreans are Evangelicals.

This is pretty random news. Doesn't Evan own a stylish house that was featured on a TV show? Why would a 20 something year old single man want to live with a 60 something year old divorced woman when he had his own swanky bachelor pad?

6. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

What's next? Brian Joubert having a summer share with Karl Lagerfeld?

Jenny, LilJen, IceAlisa and 5 others like this.
  7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And you know this how?

8. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I'm not a woman...you should wear booze glasses:smokin:

cholla and (deleted member) like this.
  9. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

If that translates into new designer costumes for Joubidou ('s ass), I'm all for it!

10. dots

dots Well-Known Member

If Evan were straight ( :lol: ) this pairing would actually be kind of hot. Vera seems like the wild type!

So who's going to have him first? Marc Jacobs or Calvin Klein :watch:

11. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Because. Some 20-something year-old boys find girls their age rather petty and tiresome and boring. Or so I've heard.

I'd be more excited if it were Karl Malden.

12. crzesk8dad

crzesk8dad Active Member

Gay or straight, young or old, does it really matter?
    Shouldn't this discussion be where it belongs?
    In the Trash Can? :mad:

Badams and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

The fastest growing population for many STDs (including syphilis and chlamydia) is nursing home residents.

The, like, 70 year olds haven't stopped having sex.

14. Michalle

Michalle New Member

This off-season is AMAZING. Between this and the Zueva/shpilband break-up alone.

15. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Oh dear god! :eek: :scream:

This thread is hilarious! :lol:

16. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Maybe it's being remodeled or he's in-between houses and needed a place to hang out for a while. I'm sure Vera gets all sort of celebrities coming to her place for business, parties, etc., that Evan can potentially network with.

17. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

I think Evan is just her "elderly care nurse".

Domshabfan and (deleted member) like this.
  18. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

I wonder who pushed the story out. Th ex? Evan himself?

Just wonder who has something to gain. Or hide.

19. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

I'm with Crzesk8dad on this one. She's 63, he's 26, his house is in Nevada, hers is big and has some extra rooms and he needs a place to stay while training in L.A. They are friends. What the heck is wrong with that?

P.S. Although I do kind of wonder whose publicist decided it would be a smart move to put this story out and get people talking about it.

20. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

If a top 5 US or top 5 lady in any discipline gets pregnant, that's a hat trick and we all get a free frosty at Wendy's!

21. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I think the swanky bachelor pad is in Vegas. Living with Vera Wang makes since, if he's training again, or if he's going to be on the All Star Season of DWTS.

22. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

:rofl:

23. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I just don't think Evan or Vera are interesting or famous enough for him just crashing at her place to be a big story, especially since there are no accompanying photos of them canoodling in public. It's more like something you might read as an afterthought article about Evan's comeback, a la "Olympic Champion Evan Lysacek hopes to come back for Sochi. He will be skating to [insert well known opera] with costumes designed by Vera Wang. Wang costumed Lysacek for the Vancouver games, and the two are such good friends that he often stays as a guest at her home while in LA training." I don't think the public cares enough about either of them to read more into the story.

It's all coming from "sources close to" which means someone connected to their camps is pushing the story on the tabloids. It could be that the affair is true, and someone close is selling them out. Or it's a plant, but a really weird plant. Even if you buy into Evan using beards, a 60+ year old woman is not exactly what he would choose.

It's just really bizarre any way you look at it.

24. stevlin

stevlin Member

A few years ago on a tour to either Japan or China there is a video [you tube] Evan was talking to a skater girl, they were looking at photos that you take in a photo booth. It was a pic of Jeffrey Buttle. Evan said Jeffrey's beautiful, he's a prince". I thought that was kind of strange. I will try to find that video. He also said while walking with Jeff in a shop, "Jeff is rich".

25. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Perhaps she's his wet nurse.

26. demetriosj

demetriosj Well-Known Member

maybe it's a joke!?

27. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

As far as who put the story out - maybe no one. It's origin (no matter where a version subsequently just appeared) was the NY Daily News. Evan is no big thing here in NYC (people outside skating don't much know who he is) but Vera Wang is very much a big thing in NYC - as a designer, as a business woman. The news of her announcing the end of her 23 marriage a few weeks ago (and her husband is the business person behind the Vera Wang multi-billion dollar empire and I'm not exaggerating) was all over the place. So it might follow that news about who is living with her in her new house in LA (that she, a long-time East Coaster, was also buying a place in LA was news a month or two ago) qualifies as big business celeb news/gossip in New York. That's the Daily News.

I go with the 'they're friends and she offered him a base in LA' approach to the whole thing.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  28. stevlin

stevlin Member

I found it. The video on you tube where Evan tells an Asian skater girl that "Jeff's beautiful, he's a prince". Check it out tour -#04 by bonboncherry5. It is said at 7:01 into the video. There are I believe 5 parts [5 videos]. The tour includes Mao, Sasha C and many others. Very cute, they go to a sea world type of place, an indoor aquarium, restaurants, etc. Also skating. Enjoy

29. seabm7

seabm7 Active Member

At that time, Jeff was the newly crowned world champion, before Evan got his own gold medal. The videos were promotional material for The Ice show headlined by Mao Asada. This was a year when Mao also got her gold medal. Of course, they tried to sell "Jeff" as much as possible in Japan, who had a huge fan base there. It's even possible what Evan said was scripted beforehand. :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  30. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Also, i think it was the year when Jeff had some Disney number with Mao where he was, indeed, a Prince:D