The Vampire Diaries-Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lmarie086, Sep 29, 2011.

1. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been started yet! Anyway, I'm loving this new season so far and I can't wait for the episode tonight!

2. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

I'm loving Caroline and Tyler. But I still cannot, for the life of me, like Damon. I don't like the actor or his portrayal and I think he should've been killed a very long time ago.

But I'm still watching.

3. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I like them all. It's one of the few shows I must watch each week. Damon annoyed me for a while with the overuse of the dramatic eyes, but he has toned it down now.

4. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I love this show. It is my guilty pleasure. I like Damon, he's funny, witty, and easy on the eyes. The fact that he and Elina are a couple in real life just adds another tweak to it.
    I didn't really like tonights eppie as much as usual, maybe I was not just in the mood.
    Having a allergy attack.
    Looks like Stefen has a new girl, maybe when Elina finds that out, she will get the message to leave him alone. She seems like she needs to be beaten over the head with it before she gives up. At least gives up for awhile. I have to doubt they will get back together later.
    This whole new storyline about the 1920's took me by surprise. Haven't read any spoilers this season.
    At least it should get E and D together for awhile. That will be fun.

5. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I thought this was the strongest episode of the season. Loving Caroline's crazy. Although I liked Liz saving her daughter, I didn't buy that she and Caroline's gay dad hate vampires because of how they were brought up. Surely, members of their family throughout the years have been murdered by vampires. They have a very good reason to hate vampires.

I am loving Stefan this season. Klaus has never been particularly compelling (and I'm not sure he can be so central to this show for the whole season), but I found him rather sympathetic tonight.

I miss Lexie. I was hoping to see her in the flashbacks.

6. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:confused: What do you mean...how she goes crazy when her Dad tries to slowly murder her with sunlight?

What was said that made you think the parents hated vampires because of their upbringing instead of hating vampires because they murder lotsa peoples? (I must pay attention more!)

And is Caroline's Dad gay? Or are you referring to the actor's time on Dynasty as a gay character?

He had moments in the beginning, but I think the actor who played his brother was probably a better actor. And mildly cuter (everyone is gorgeous on this show). Klaus should overshadow Stefan in every way and I don't see that happening.

I'm pretty sure the Vampire Diaries will do the same as Twilight and keep the original couple together. I'll just enjoy the ride, even though I'm pretty sure that's the destination. :)

Spoke too soon? Ian was giving the ol' eyebrows a pretty good workout last night! :D

Hope you're feeling better. (((Latte)))

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

It still wasn't bad, considering how much he did it to start with!

8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I missed a word. I meant I love Caroline's crazy FAMILY.

Liz said her and whatshisname's families hate vampires during the scene Liz was comforting Caroline with a cup of blood (awww). Something about "Being raised to hold these beliefs."

And Caroline's dad is gay (I forgot he played Steven Carrington--I was always partial to the original actor anyways). Caroline mentioned it in the first season. I wonder if he's married? I would love if he was married to a former vampire (how else would he know about all these experiments?).

9. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I meant to say I had NO doubt that S and E would get back together.
    TYPO!

10. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

The guy that plays Caroline's dad, also played on Heroes.

11. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Thursday night's episode had 2.55 million viewers, not far behind NBC's ratings (3.4 for Community and 4.1 for Parks and Recreation). I think that's the closest the CW has come to beating one of the bigger networks (but I'm too lazy to check)! :D

So why was Rebekah put "on ice" for 90 years? And why was she not angry when Klaus revived her? I thought she was Klaus' sister, but I guess she was just a close friend...or maybe not that close as they ditched her for a century. I also didn't get how she commented about the modern clothing looking like it was meant for prostitutes, and then she changed into an even more revealing outfit from the first dress (or maybe to her, looking like a prostitute is a good thing)?? :lol:

Was sad to see Gloria bite the dust. Although people can be revived from the dead on this show, right? :D

I was also thinking about how Catherine and Klaus, when first introduced on the show, were major-league scary/threatening. Now they seem just irritating, like large, loud mosquitoes... :blah:

Anna warns Jeremy that Vicki is a negative force to be concerned about, but I'm wondering if Anna is that negative force...

Loved the bit where Caroline bluntly says to Elena, "ADMIT IT...you're attracted to him!" (Damon). :lol: On other shows, they're so much coyness, but this show cuts through the bull and gets to the heart of the matter. :respec:

I don't quite get how Caroline moved so quickly from being tortured by her father, to being Daddy's little girl. Couldn't she have been pissed with him for an hour or two?

Production gaffe: Early in the hour, Damon removed the duct tape from Bill's face (Caroline's Dad) and he yelps in pain. But later, when Damon sinks his fan into Daddy's neck and starts sucking out blood, Dad doesn't seem to flinch. Mind you, if I had Ian Somerhalder sucking on my neck, I would not complain... :shuffle: ;)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  12. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I friggin' love Anna, and I beyond depressed she is so lonely. Where is Pearl?!?! Now that Katherine knows about Jeremy's talent, maybe we'll get some insight into both Anna and pearl and Katherine and Pearl were once BFFs. Anyways, Anna was always too good for Jeremy, who currently sucks as a ghost whisperer.

I find Caroline's dad fascinating. I wonder how he can survive all of Damon's tactics. Maybe he is married to the Hunter?

13. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Great episode tonight. The Love Triangle of Doom is kinda tiresome but everything else more than makes up for it. Can't wait to see Michael kick some vampire butt!

14. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I will be watching it this weekend. Dvr'd it :)

15. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I found the ending to be confusing/interesting. It seemed like the show was setting things up for it to be Damon's "turn"... But now with Stefan back, but as the... soul-less Stefan... It's weird, have no idea how things are going to play out...

16. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

I think it's pretty clear they'll drag the story out for a couple of weeks until it looks like no hope ever again for E and S, then Klaus will die and S will be "back". Frankly, he is much more interesting as a bad guy, and I much prefer E/D ;)

17. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

Still can't stand Damon. And frankly, Elena's wearing thin, too. I'm much more interested in the secondary characters. As long as they keep them interesting, I'll watch the show.

18. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I thought it was a great episode. Not much more to add than that really. Tired of the "struggle" with Stefan, but eh. I hope Elena and Damon have some time :p.

19. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:lol: See how good this show is? Other programs would drag that storyline out for the entire season. Here, we get resolutions quickly!!! :D

20. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

The emotional highlight was the reunion of Matt and Vicki. The show has always done a solid job of showcasing sibling relationships.

21. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Yes but you know Vicki will turn out to be the next villain once Klaus is gone ;)

22. Orable

Orable Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm betting that Anna will end up being the real baddie in this situation :EVILLE:

23. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Loved tonight's episode! So much going on, but all done so well, IMO.

Stefan's wavering tonight though, made me raise my eyebrow a little. He definitely seemed like he was on the brink of his humanity when Elena was "drunk" and being silly in the bleachers. But I would've thought the Klaus' compulsion would stick more? Not that it hasn't, of course...but it definitely seemed like he was worried when he caught Elena from falling. Also, love that she got him at the end haha. She showed more energy in this episode. And was it just me or did he smile after Elena walked off?

Rebecca annoys me, but she's fun. A lot like Katherine in some ways, IMO...and speaking of whom, wonder how she's doing.

Did anyone else recognize Michael? He seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn't place him.

ETA: When Vicki got the cigarettes, was it just me, or did the guy sitting on the car look like Luka? And so curious to see what happens with Anna/Jeremy/Bonnie! I love Anna, but I finally adjusted to Jeremy/Bonnie haha.

And poor Matt. No matter what he always ends up alone :(

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  24. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I agree...great episode last night!

Michael did look familiar...I just can't place him.

Bonnie was being ridiculous about Jeremy's dead ex.

I love the thoughtful side of Damon toward Elena. She's finally catching on :).

Rebecca is annoying, but a good character on the show.

It was nice to see Elena stick up for herself against Stefan's completely uncalled for remark.

I wonder what happened to Katherine :). (Part of me hoped she would just be killed...but I seriously doubt that...unless Rebecca is going to play the evil one now.)

25. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Mikael is played by Sebastian Roche, who has been on Criminal Minds, Fringe, 24, Supernatural and General Hospital.

I'm siding with Bonnie as I do not like it when my significal other spends more time with dead people than with me. But I'm Canadian...

I thought Stefan is not in control of what he does or says anymore. Because Klaus took away Stefan's humanity? Stefan seemed to go soft toward the end of the episode, which did not fit in with the story, until he coldly stated how stupid Elena is (I'm paraphrasing). Is the consistency of various characters wavering? (Mr. Director, we're watching you!) :lol:

I can't imagine Katherine not being around a long time. She's too good of a character to dispose of. Which just made me think of the return of Uncle Taylor... :cheer2: :cheer:

I checked last week to see if Rebecca was played by the same actress who originated the role. It is the same actress. Talk about patient, waiting two years to return to the show!

26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I know I am obsessed, but I think besides killing Klaus, one "way" of bring back Stefan to "normal" would to get Caroline's dad to perform some of his de-vampiring experiment on Stefan. There is a reason Damon was unable to compel him.

Great episode! And yay, Uncle Mason!

27. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Oops. Meant to say Uncle Mason. (Who is played by Taylor Kinney.) Heck, I'll take either uncle! :D

28. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yah, I'm glad Uncle Mason is back. That was a happy surprise. Wonder how they'll explain that....

29. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Grams! Lexi! Pearl! Oh, I am crying Tara Lipinski tears.

I also need the cover of "This Woman's Work". Anyone know?

Wonderful episode.

30. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I think they made a big mistake when they killed off Mason. Not only is he great eye candy, but, he and Damion really work well together and produce some of the best scenes on the show. I hope they can find a way to bring him back somehow as a regular or at least re-occuring character.
    But, for the life of me, I don't see how unless he just stays a ghost that only Damion can see.:D I thougtht this was the best eppisode they have had in awhile.