New stuff

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys,

It's been a busy few days but just chiming in to make you aware of some changes:

a) FSU is now hosted on totally new servers and has a much more reliable and secure infrastructure. This switch over happened pretty seamlessly and I don't think many of you noticed, which is great. If you're experiencing any hiccups as a result of this, please inform me.

b) The Kiss & Cry forum has been closed to those without a subscription. If you'd like to access the content within, you can find subscription information here to see the offerings.

Do let us know if you run in to any issues. :)

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
That was probably nothing to do with the server move @manhn. Have you opted to subscribe to any threads?

maureenfarone

My subscription doesnt expire until August 9, but the K&C is marked private. I logged out and back in, but it is still marked private. I noticed Kittyjakes reporting the same issue in the thread "Subscriptions".
Help!

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
My subscription doesnt expire until August 9, but the K&C is marked private. I logged out and back in, but it is still marked private. I noticed Kittyjakes reporting the same issue in the thread "Subscriptions".
Help!
Fixed!

manhn

That was probably nothing to do with the server move @manhn. Have you opted to subscribe to any threads?

Not sure how to subscribe to threads, lol. The emails come from different threads, whenever someone posts in a thread I posted in.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how to subscribe to threads, lol. The emails come from different threads, whenever someone posts in a thread I posted in.
tqc1Lq5.png

Click this option for threads you don't want to receive emails from, whilst viewing a thread.

Manage your 'watched' threads or mass unwatch them, here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/watched/threads

Adjust your preferences here to not receive email notifications from watched threads here: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/account/preferences

Sylvia

TBD
Error 502
Ray ID: 3773b1a788fe06a9 • 2017-06-30 19:57:19 UTC
Bad gateway
www.fsuniverse.net
Host Error
What happened?
The web server reported a bad gateway error.
Please try again in a few minutes.

I briefly got the above message before I refreshed my browser and all is well again at the moment.

@suep1963 reported a similar error yesterday when trying to quote a post.

Lacey

I am a lifetime member subscriber, had to reenter everything here and on my phone a few days ago, thought something was going on but straightened out. But today I didn't try to get on until this afternoon, and I can only get on inside from entering a new fsuniverse.net, and cannnot get in if I go in with my normal entry of bookmarked address, where I get a "404 Not Found, nginx" and not able to get on the board that way. VERY FRUSTRATED.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I am a lifetime member subscriber, had to reenter everything here and on my phone a few days ago, thought something was going on but straightened out. But today I didn't try to get on until this afternoon, and I can only get on inside from entering a new fsuniverse.net, and cannnot get in if I go in with my normal entry of bookmarked address, where I get a "404 Not Found, nginx" and not able to get on the board that way. VERY FRUSTRATED.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on here? You are a lifetime member with the appropriate permissions though.

Last edited:

Lacey

So, simultaneous to your post above (well, we had to go out to Home Depot), I, who know nothing about computers asked my DH who works in IT to help. He knew nothing. But, since just my bookmarked site was lost to the 404 Not Found, I figured out I could still enter the site by hand entering FSUniverse.net. Earlier in the week, I had to re-sign up on computer and phone to get into SS, so just now with this new oddity today, I threw out old bookmark on computer and re-bookmarked it, and everything is fine now. Don't know if anyone else is having same problem. But bingo, and it's a fast go. Thanks.

Last edited:

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
So, simultaneous to your post above (well, we had to go out to Home Depot), I, who know nothing about computers asked my DH who works in IT to help. He knew nothing. But, since just my bookmarked site was lost to the 404 Not Found, I figured out I could still enter the site by hand entering FSUniverse.net. Earlier in the week, I had to re-sign up on computer and phone to get into SS, so just now with this new oddity today, I threw out old bookmark on computer and re-bookmarked it, and everything is fine now. Don't know if anyone else is having same problem. But bingo, and it's a fast go. Thanks.
Do you remember what the old bookmark was set to?

Lacey

Good catch! My old fix for that did not transfer over from the old server but I've sorted it now. Thank you! :D

And the first thing that happened was different: about a week ago (Monday?), my old site on both computer (Mac) and phone (not an I-ph0one) did not let me in to SS, had to sign in again on both and re-enter and save my name/password (getting old, had a hard time remembering). I have fixed it, but since I didn't know you were working on things, it was weird to have this come out of nowhere and yesterday you or Sharpie said we shouldn't have known anything was going on. So two small things happened to me, not sure why, and I've learned it's really hard when one is stuck outside of it to get back in but to keep trying as the plain old FSUniverse.net without the attachements after it finally got me in. Oh well, things are really working fast around here now. Great work.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Well, add me as one that's never even noticed this 'contains no messages' whatsoever. Maybe it was a feature with the old message board (I have no idea), but I never noticed it then either. It's apparently a feature I can do without since I never noticed it to begin with, and I love the new message board very much. So, I'm thanking you @Server Guy and @SHARPIE for doing a great job. I've actually forgotten how the old message board was and that's because of how well I've been able to navigate with the new board from the beginning. :)

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, add me as one that's never even noticed this 'contains no messages' whatsoever. Maybe it was a feature with the old message board (I have no idea), but I never noticed it then either. It's apparently a feature I can do without since I never noticed it to begin with, and I love the new message board very much. So, I'm thanking you @Server Guy and @SHARPIE for doing a great job. I've actually forgotten how the old message board was and that's because of how well I've been able to navigate with the new board from the beginning. :)
You'll be in for a treat when you're able to test the forthcoming update to the forum. :D

Simone411

I think I just discovered one of the updates. I never noticed it before. It's to the right of the alerts notices or below the alerts (Alert preferences) after it's been highlighted in the top right corner. There is an option to mark all them 'read'. It also let me know that I had 9 new alert messages to mark as read. If it's not new, I'm glad I finally noticed it then! Either way, I like it!

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
I think I just discovered one of the updates. I never noticed it before. It's to the right of the alerts notices or below the alerts (Alert preferences) after it's been highlighted in the top right corner. There is an option to mark all them 'read'. It also let me know that I had 9 new alert messages to mark as read. If it's not new, I'm glad I finally noticed it then! Either way, I like it!
That's one of the smaller additions I made a few days ago. For the record, your alerts are automatically marked as read but you can mark them as unread to remind you to come back to them later.

The larger update is slightly more radical but still familiar. :)

Simone411

I can't wait to see the larger update then! :lol: I already like this smaller update, and to me, it's very useful especially if I don't have time to look at all the new alerts. Good job, @Server Guy! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information