Julia Lipnitskaya beats Adelina's result in a short program

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by koatcue, Oct 6, 2011.

1. bek

bek Guest

The scary thing is the Russians have another extremely talented Junior who will be eligible next year for Juniors. They are literally a factory there..

2. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Lisa, Adelina, Julia are prodigies. Technical prodigies, and whoever is healthy and has the strongest nerves will be on top.
    However, I find it hard to be excited about any one of them in particular. I am very excited to see how they develop, what they become. But for now their technical mastery is much ahead of their artistry, and their personalities, though clearly strong, are still developing (perfectly normal, given how young they are). I think it'll be so interesting to see the battle of not only techniques in the future ( all 3 are incredible to my non- professional eye), but also the battle of coaches, the directions that are chosen for them and they themselves choose. Until one of them comes up with her unique style, I am not ubering anybody ( Julia's incredible flexibility is a great asset, but not "a style").
    For now it's easier for me to root for Korobeinikova, or even Shershak ( who I just saw for the first time), because I feel that with Volchkova the technique and presentation are developing hand-in- hand ( that will not help the girls fight for those medals right away... but to me it seems more organic)

3. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

Something else scary is that (if they get over the puberty hump), as good as they are now, they will still improve!

Adelina's jumps are huge, she has a lovely presence on the ice, gorgeous lines...imagine her with a clean lutz, more balanced programs, better choreography and better spins...

Liza T has the best technique of any of the Russian ladies. She difficult combinations, wonderful energy and a spark to her skating...imagine her with better choreography, better posture and spins, and a freakin' triple axel...

Polina Shelepen has a statuesque presence on the ice, big difficult jumps and great spins...imagine her with more consistency and better skating skills...

The list goes on and on: Polina Agafonova, Polina Korobeynikova, Julia Lipnitskaya, Rosa Sheveleva...not to mention the ones that are still entering the ranks. It really is like a ladies singles factory in Russia now...

4. miki88

miki88 New Member

I won't argue with that. :)

I picked her as most improved skater from last season. Last year, I was only impressed by her flexibility, but this year, I see that she has polished up her basics. But I have to say I'm not sure about Morozov being her choreographer. In recent years, the only Morozov programs I liked were the ones he did for Daisuke. And Dai was smart enough to leave him in the end. ;)

5. shine

shine Well-Known Member

What you said! :)

6. kwanatic

Is that Viktoria Volchkova?

7. bek

bek Guest

Yes. Viktoria is shaping up to be an amazing coach. She may turn out to be a better coach than skater. And Viktoria was quite the skater. In terms of jumps, basic skating skills... Whats stunning is how strong her young skaters are in areas she herself was weak at. Posture, presentation, its clear Viktoria stresses this as a coach if you see her students. Hopefully eventually she'll have a star. The Russians are really lucky to have such a young talented coach.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
  8. kwanatic

I thought so. ;)

Yeah, Viktoria was a wonderful jumper, but her style was also very nice too. She was a nice skater to watch. I always preferred her style of skating over Irina's. :D Who else is she coaching?

9. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Volchkova's students (that I can think of right now) are Sofia Biryukova, Polina Korobeynikova, Anna Shershak, Nikita Mikhailov, and Ekaterina Frolova.

10. os168

os168 Active Member

Yeah I agree about Polina Korobeinikova, she has a lovely graceful mature quality (style resembles Viktoria) that is different from the Adelina, Liza, Julia. Russia is really spoilt for choice, one for every style preference. We just need a Russian Daisuke (And no, alena does not qualify) and the set is complete.

11. kwanatic

:lol::lol::lol:

12. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Ovcharova?

13. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Huge fan of Lipnitskaya here. She has amazing flexibility, does all the jumps, and last year I was blown away by her. It has been such a nice development to see that she is even better this year in terms of SS and presentation. I wish she'd stop lifting her leg up to the sky every chance she can, since choreographically it does get monotonous. But that's just a nitpick. I have a feeling she is inspired by Sasha Cohen, hence her music choices. But I also noticed a change in her posture, her commitment to her program, etc. I bet she will turn into Sasha Cohen with consistent jumps. I'm calling it right now, she is the next Olympic gold medalist. I also wouldn't rule out a sweep of the Oly medals by the Russians. Mao cannot seem to skate cleanly on any predictable basis, and other faves like Nagasu just can't seem to put it out there under any sort of pressure.

I hope Julia develops into the best skater she is capable of becoming. She really is a gem. I'd hold those flexy moves for more than a second and make them less frequent so that they actually mean something. But really, I could not have wanted more from her this season after following her the last two years. She's paying attention to the music and how she presents herself, and her jumps have only gotten bigger. I don't like her 2axel technique, it's basically a Lipinski whip, but if she can keep that consistent then good for her.

14. senorita

senorita New Member

She is uber flexible and probably I shouldnt be impressed only by that since it is not a skating thing, cause so are the rhythmic gymnastics girls and even more, but I am, mostly because apart from flexibility her spins are ultra fast, I think that is the most impressive.
    And I m waiting for Radionova to go to juniors next season!:swoon:

15. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

So what are they doing in Russia at the moment to be suddenly producing such amazing young skaters? Are they investing money into the sport? Are they doing talent identification? Or is it just a coincidence that the right skaters have come along at the right time?

16. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

So am I. Elena Radionova is the next off the production line!:

Elena Radionova - Russian Junior Nationals 2010 - FS

Elena Radionova - Russian Junior Nationals 2011 - FS

Elena Radionova - 2011/12 SP

Elena Radionova - 2011/12 FS

Moreover, the production line just seems never ending. Here are few more that will be coming off the system later on:-

Aleksandra Proklova - 2011/12 FS

Maria Sotskova - 2011/12 SP

Daniella ASANOVA - 2011/12 SP (one of Julia Soldatova students)

Anna SHERSHAK - 2011/12 SP

Anna Shershak is currently 3rd behind Lipnikskaya in the JGP Trofeo 2011 after her following SP

JGP Trofeo 2011 SP

And they have also got Anna Ovcharova returning from injury

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  17. bek

bek Guest

I'm not Russian, but isn't figure skating now hugely popular in Russia? I remember reading that Ice Age stars are like first class celebrities. They sold out worlds pretty quickly. I'd think that alone would make people want to try out the sport. The more kids who are trying out the sport, the more likely it is to find talent.

I know in gymnastics the government is starting to fund again, it may be the same for figure skating too. The two things if combined is a match made in heaven.

18. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

:eek: How old is this munchkin? That was frickin amazing. The ability of her musical interpretation and expression was seriously senior level.

And how old is Asanova? The expression is just incredible for one so young. Particularly with such a lovely piece of music like that.

The thing about all these skaters is they have grown up knowing nothing other than IJS as the judging system and it shows. They know how to work the system but at the same time they are creating beautiful programs that are quite breathtaking, regardless of their age.

19. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

She was born in the first half of 1999 and will be eligible for JGP next season.

And I also like this girl
    Natalia Ogoreltseva (b. in 2000, will be eligible for JGP in 2013-2014 season)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcRi41yPDSc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpP5fTlkN-c
    She is from Mishin's group, has all triples and amazing spins.

So far it looks like the next few years it's gonna be at least one Russian little star at the JGP every year

20. t.mann

t.mann New Member

I am glad Yuna and Mao was ineligible for 2006 Olympics. LOL.
    I don't want (a little) unpolished OGM[Yuna] and a little juniorish OGM[Mao].

21. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Radionova is 12. She will be age eligible for the JGP next season. I agree, she's amazing. Tangoes are normally not done well by juniors, but, she's got just amazing expression. Her jump technique is good also. SHe's been trying the 3Lz+3T (mostly <). Her LP at the Moscow Open Championships had 7 clean triples!!!

Asanova will be 11 in December. Of the very young set, I like Proklova's interpretation and Sotskova's jump technique :rollin:

22. bek

bek Guest

Hopefully some former Republics will be getting to pick some up. Surely the Ukraine should win a Russian baby, (if the Russian baby/family agree) for giving up Tatiana so easily.

23. jiggs

jiggs Well-Known Member

Wow, I really enjoyed Radionova, Asanova and Ogoreltseva. Especially Radionova's SP - thought her presentation was incredible and also had interesting choreography!

Looking forward to seeing these girls develop!

24. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I know how Asada's skating career has been going no where recently, but does it make sense to change her name and defect to Russia?

Then again, I guess it would increase her chances of OGM at Sochi, but I don't think fabricating her age and starting again from JGP would do her much favor.

25. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

too funny...:shuffle:

Domshabfan and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I agree - Team ADELINA!!!!! 4EVAH :)

It's good to feel like an uber again, but they're all good. I see happy times in the future of ladies skating.

27. kia_4EverOnIce

kia_4EverOnIce New Member

Julia:
    LP 119.34
    Total 183.05

wow! now, I'm waiting for youtube!

28. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I like all three girls. They are all amazing :)

29. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Agreed. I don't want to pick a favorite out of those 3. I like them all. :swoon:

30. miki88

miki88 New Member

Lol. I wonder if he's seriously doesn't know that it's a different person. :rofl: