Johnny Weir news, quotes and articles - v.3

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Lexxandra, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl Active Member

2. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

3. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That's quite a bowl cut he's got going there.

4. REO

REO New Member

lol I agree bangs should not be his look. I love the shirt though. Love that color.

5. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

He's Grand Marshall of today's pride parade in Los Angeles (West Hollywood to be exact). I'll let you know if I see him. My friends got pictures with him yesterday and he was sporting a big bouffant.

6. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

7. Justathoughtabl

8. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

9. Justathoughtabl

Oh, jeez. I don't go into the threads of skaters I don't care for just to make fun of them.

I personally don't like Johnny's current haircut, but with someone who experiments with different looks as much as Johnny, not everything is going to look good. In my opinion, this haircut looks better when it's tousled than when he has bangs.

Anyway, I think it's cool that he has, in his words, "found his pride"--some kind of compromise between being an outspoken activist and not saying anything at all-- and that he's doing all these pride events. Word is that he has been nothing but sweet and gracious to his fans. He described a time in his life when he was "aggressively diva," and someone questioned whether that wasn't still the case. He said, "I'm nice now!" And from all reports, he is kind, thoughtful, accessible, and confident. I think he was probably always this way at his core, but he's matured now...and a lot of people are getting inspiration from him to be themselves.

10. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Just found out that Johnny is going to be at the St Petersburg, FL Pride Fashion Show!! I'll be getting my rear there promptly!

11. REO

REO New Member

I agree. It's too severe combed down. I like the more casual look. If you want to see some hairdo find all the pix of him in his Grand Marshall incarnation. Totally cool. Apparently they played his song from the float and he chatted with people all down the parade line. He's a very sweet guy despite what he says about his little teenaged rebellion years. And tres entertaining! :lol:

12. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

13. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Does he not know that suits and tennis shoes are the classic Washington-woman look? :drama: Let's have a little respect for tradition, Johnny!

(I'm not kidding. We ride the Metro in tennis shoes and put on our heels -- or flats -- when we get to the office.)

14. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

15. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

16. overedge

I didn't make fun of him. I said I didn't like his "better" hair. Perhaps you could read what was actually posted instead of seeing things that aren't there.

17. Justathoughtabl

I wasn't only responding to your post, Overedge. I was reacting to the negativity, again. It seems that once again people are ignoring what he's doing and focusing on petty things. So I figure, if you (or anyone) are ignoring what he's doing and choosing only to say negative things about him, then you're not a fan, and why would you open this thread simply to say negative things about him? But to each his own.

I took his heels remark to be a little bit fun and almost tongue in cheek. He's just having fun with his observations that a lot of women wear flats. But again, that's just my interpretation.

18. overedge

Sorry to bust your victimization bubble, but if I (or anyone) am not responding to every single piece of news about his activities, that doesn't mean I (or anyone) am not reading that news, or are "ignoring what he's doing and focusing on petty things".

19. Justathoughtabl

Victimization bubble? :lol:
    That's a good one.
    I think you know what I mean. But I've already been down this road. Fool me once...
    I'll drop this matter.

20. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I think you're taking him a bit too seriously.

21. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Damn you, VA - milk droplets all over my monitor now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .

Johnny…….dude. You're a good looking man - why would you voluntarily be sporting Moe Howard's hair?

What's next --- Adam Rippon as Larry and Jeremy Abbott (if his hair gets any shorter and lighter) as Curly? :yikes:

22. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Oh cyn. :rofl:

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  23. REO

REO New Member

24. REO

REO New Member

Stooges on Ice. Now that's entertainment. :rofl:

25. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

26. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  27. luCN

luCN New Member

OH,are you kidding? anyone who says negative things means they are not fans? ?:blah:

if you think one person is flawless,it's ok.but you don't have right to make everyone agree with you.

many people here including overedge are much longer Johnny fans than you,when they defend Johnny here,you may not know Johnny's name yet :rolleyes:

some real fans always criticize their idol hard,it doesn't mean they love less,just personal choice.and their critical is hoping idols become better,not like haters.

28. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:blah: :rolleyes:

Your ability to "figure" things out is not only off-base, it's nowhere even close to the ballpark. It's outright WRONG. In case you're irretrievably obtuse, here's a little hint: There are many, many members here who read threads actively, but don't post in them. It's called lurking - maybe you've heard of the term?

You come across like some bitter, angry Weir apologist who feels that unless a person actively engages in fangirly/fanboiye behavior or treats Weir like he shits chocolate and roses, said person is not allowed to snark on a ridiculous outfit and hair-don't.

FFS, straight and gay men and women who are fans of Weir's skating, his personality, or both, are :yikes: at this fashion monstrosity. Grow a thicker fcuking skin and try to develop a sense of humor.

As for Weir? I've no doubt that he cares far less about some Internet snarking about an outfit and hairstyle of his than do his batshit crazy fans. If it were to turn out that he did care, he has no one to blame but himself for 1) drawing this kind of attention (fashion and gossip reporters, photographs, etc.) through his statements, PR events, and clothing, and 2) deciding on this ensemble and wearing it to a public event in which he is speaking in front of a crowd.

29. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Wasn't that Plushy's long program in Vancouver? Nyuk nyuk nyuk nyuk....

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  30. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

Tess from "Working Girl" called from the 1980s and wants her look back. :p