Icenetwork streaming on a tablet

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by icemusings, Dec 28, 2011.

1. icemusings

icemusings Member

Does anyone have a tablet that they've been accessing Icenetwork videos on? I've tried the Fire and Aconia on a variety of browsers and haven't been able to get it to work. I've also heard it doesn't work on the Ipad.

Thanks for your help!

2. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I know it doesn't work on the ipad. Don't know about other tablets.

3. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

THIS is a great question. When someone comes up with the answer, I will be very psyched.

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Here's the page for the system requirements:

http://web.icenetwork.com/help/requirements.jsp

I don't know much about tablets. The requirements mention having Flash Player 10. Do tablets require Flash Player? Maybe that's what is needed in order for a tablet to work.

5. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

6. phule1970

phule1970 Member

I have been able to stream on the Galaxy Samsung Tab 10.1 using the Dolphin Browser. Since it is Flash based the iPad will never support, but I am surprised that the it doesn't work on the Fire since it is Droid based. Not having one, I don't know.

7. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

The iPad does not support flash in their browser, Safari.

You can, however, download an app that does support it (most of them costs money). I have tried it, and it doesn't work that well for flash based browser games, I have not tried streaming video. A lot of video sites however, test the OS you are running on, not only the browser, so for instance I was not able to view NBC's Sing-Off episodes either.

Universal sports uses sliverlight, which I find vastly superior to flash in terms of video quality; however this is not supported on the iPad, and I don't think it is on android either.

can we have HTML5 soon, instead of all this mess?

8. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

My daughter and her husband are very computer savvy but could not get IceNetwork videos to work on my android at all.

However, I can access TvTeka and watch live videos from there on my android.

9. Alexei'sgirl

Alexei'sgirl Member

I've been able to view it on my NOOK tablet through the Web application without issue.

10. aliona22

aliona22 Member

IceNetwork needs an app for iPad. how hard could it be to order one of those? MLB.com has one. :shuffle:

11. MelissaG

MelissaG New Member

Icenetwork works for me on my Kindle Fire. What I've noticed is that, if I click on the video/stream directly before logging in and wait for the Login window to popup, well... it never happens. So, I always make sure to login first and then click on the link.

12. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

I thought there were a couple of apps that let you play flash content on an iPad. Photon, maybe? I haven't tried any of them yet, though.

13. Chris_E

Chris_E Active Member

I was able to get it to work on my Asus Transformer android tablet. I used the "Dolphin Browser HD" app and when setting up I set it to function as a "desktop". It didn't work in Full Screen mode but I was able to play it in the default player size.

14. icemusings

icemusings Member

This worked for me! I was having the problem trying to log in once I clicked on video, but if you log in in advance, it works just fine. Thanks!

15. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Works on my kindle fire, too

16. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

What browser are you using with the android tablets?

17. Chris_E

Chris_E Active Member

See my post above. I used dolphin browser

18. 2sk8

2sk8 Active Member

Ice Network video works on my iPad with the Photon browser - it can be choppy if the bandwidth setting isn't adjusted, but otherwise is good.

19. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

IN was working on my Fire, then not working, but now working again.

Ice network made some changes with their javascripting recently, and it seems the settings on my Kindle Fire needed to be changed.

I am now up and working again on the fire:

Go to the Settings option from the Menu button on the Home Page.

Pick
    Flash Player Always Enable (check)
    Javascript Enable (check)
    and Adapt setting individually for website

And now my Fire is playing IN beautifully again.

(My other video sites were working fine. It was only IN that wasn't) These settings also worked for AYS.

20. Sk8Dreams

Sk8Dreams New Member

I've been watching on my iPad 2 using the Puffin browser. It won't do full screen, and it's hard to skip ahead or move back, otherwise, great. You can get the free trial version of Puffin, which will run Flash for 14 days, long enough to see if you like it before buying. I don't remember how much it cost, but under $5.

21. SailorGalaxia

SailorGalaxia New Member

Hello...I plan on buying this tablet Acer Iconia A510-10k32u 10.1-Inch Tablet (Olympic Edition-Black) instead of a new laptop and am wondering if anyone has had any success in watching IN vids from this?

22. DORISPULASKI

I just received a Kindle Fire HD for my birthday. As I feared, although IN worked on my old Kindle Fire, it didn't work at all on my HD, because the Adobe Flash Player is not on it.

However, it is now working again, thanks to Laura M. Dean of the Kindle Fire Amazon community, I tried the following, and it works awesomely :) Much better than my old Fire. Even the control buttons for full screen and volume work all the time (they used to be a little wonky, hit them and sometimes nothing happened).

To do IN, once everything is installed, open your new Dolphin browser, go to IN and there I was.

I'm always happy when my old brain can stumblingly cope with new technology. :)

BTW, once the Dolphin Browser is working, I turned off the Install App permission under device again.

23. MarciajsR

MarciajsR Member

I installed dolphin and flash serveral months ago and it did not work. Now on my Kindle HD Fire with the downloads from dropbox it works great. Not sure what the difference is, but others months ago also had problems.

24. DORISPULASKI

I can't say, although Laura Dean emphasized that if you install the 3 apps in the wrong order, it will not work, and if you don't have the option to allow non Amazon apps to install, of course it won't work.

Even better, I purchased for about 7$ a cable with a micro HDMI plug on one end (to fit into my Kindle Fire HD) and a regular HDMI plug to fit into my TV, as suggested, had both the TV and the Fire off when I connected them, turned on the TV, switched to HDMI1 for input, and started up icenetwork on the Kindle Fire, and there the Worlds FD was on my TV :)

audio, video & everything.

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  25. MarciajsR

MarciajsR Member

Doris:
    The dropbox link doesn,t work. Could you please repost