Vagabond

Gleb Smolkin: Many judges have also mentioned that Diana has significantly progressed in her skating skills over the past year, which allowed our pair to look more harmonious.[/QUOTE ]
I hope that he meant this in the nicest possible way because, otherwise :cat:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Lombardia Trophy entries are out and we get the season debuts of the rest of the Georgian senior skaters!

Egadze will be going up against Levandi, Grassl, Rizzo, Kagiyama, Yoshioka, Pulkinen and Torgashev.

Gubanova AND Urushadze will face off against Pinzarrone, Petrokina, Jyrkinen, Gutmann, Yoshida, Chaeyeon Kim, Kurakova and Ziegler.

Kazakova/Revia will be squaring up with the Mrazeks, the Taschlers, Guignard/Fabbri, Bratti/Somerville and Green/Parsons.

Sylvia

TBD
Moved Romain Haguenauer's quote re. Davis/Smolkin to a newly created GSD thread:

ETA Team Georgia's 2024 ISU Championships results:

Europeans:
SILVER Anastasiia Gubanova (206.52)
SILVER Anastasiia Metelkina/Luka Berulava (196.14)
7th Nika Egadze (233.16)
8th Diana Davis/Gleb Smolkin (189.46)
22nd Alina Urushadze (140.66)

Junior Worlds:
GOLD Anastasiia Metelkina/Luka Berulava (179.32)
12th Inga Gurgenidze (172.87)
20th Konstantin Supatashvili (182.68)
22nd (FNR) Mariia Alieva/Yehor Barshak

Worlds:
7th Anastasiia Metelkina/Luka Berulava (189.30)
12th Diana Davis/Gleb Smolkin (188.34)
13th Nika Egadze (241.55)
13th Anastasiia Gubanova (182.42)

Last edited:

Karen-W

Hmmmmm... it seems like Alieva/Barshak are also possibly changing training locations per Masha's IG stories today. She has a pic of them and their luggage at the airport titled "new chapter".

Sylvia

TBD
Maria Kazakova just announced her split from Georgy Reviya (April 22): https://www.instagram.com/p/C6E3rJ-okqX/
hello everyone! I have news for you. My journey with Giorgi is over. I am grateful for this experience and I want to say thank you. A new stage in my life is coming. I don't want to give up and I want to continue my career. Therefore, I am looking for a new partner and I will be grateful for the maximum repost of this information. Hello, a new chapter in my life. I'm open to everything! and I take a step forward with my eyes wide open. see you soon;)
ETA link to Reviya’s post on Feb. 15 (3 days after "half of my meniscus was removed" in an operation): https://www.instagram.com/p/C3Yr9VsIBJ2/

K/R competed 7 seasons together: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00103257.htm

Last edited:

Marta24

Maria Kazakova just announced her split from Georgy Reviya (April 22): https://www.instagram.com/p/C6E3rJ-okqX/
Not surprising, but so sad. I fell in love with their skating in their last Junior season. Which proves again to me, do not, under any cirmustances, fall in love with Junior Ice Dance teams. :wuzrobbed

Anyway, hopefully she can find another partner and continue.

Karen-W

Looks like they are in Egna, Italy now (based on one of her latest IG stories).
Yes, I noticed that last week but was waiting to post an update until they'd been there a bit longer - they haven't announced anything officially so it could just be a short-term training situation.

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
Not surprising, but so sad. I fell in love with their skating in their last Junior season. Which proves again to me, do not, under any cirmustances, fall in love with Junior Ice Dance teams. :wuzrobbed

Anyway, hopefully she can find another partner and continue.
:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

Yeah, I think a lot of us weren't expecting to see Kazakova/Revia in competition again, even if we didn't want to say it, but I'm sad about this one. I didn't even particularly like the In The End FD but I loved the unique perspective they brought to this and others of their programmes. I hope she can find a new partner who can support her in being as creative and weird on ice as she wants.

Farewell to the only team ever to skate to the Beautiful South.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information