DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

orbitz

Some DWTS news:

Derek Hough will star on Broadway in Singin' In the Rain. http://www.eonline.com/news/743981/...ugh-to-star-on-broadway-in-singin-in-the-rain

ANTM's Nyle DiMarco will be in the upcoming season of DWTS. Now I gotta watch just for the hotness factor. I actually think he'll last longer than the other models on the show; he seems to have a larger fan base than the other models. http://www.eonline.com/news/741803/...yle-dimarco-is-joining-dancing-with-the-stars

Kym Johnson and Robert Herjavec are engaged. Lucky lady! He's super cute, super successful and rich, seems super nice and in great shape. http://www.people.com/article/kym-johnson-robert-herjavec-engaged

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Yay for Kim and Robert. They've dated for a while and it's nice to see them moving to the next step.

Johnny_Fever

Are you guys watching the fuss that Erin Andrews is making during this stalker trial? Is that for real? It seems to me that incident put her on the map. I didn't know who she was until the news came out about her being videotaped.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Are you guys watching the fuss that Erin Andrews is making during this stalker trial? Is that for real? It seems to me that incident put her on the map. I didn't know who she was until the news came out about her being videotaped.
She had the beginning of a legit career in sports as a sideline reporter before the tape came out. She was off air for over a year before DWTS came calling.

Johnny_Fever

Doesn't she still have the sideline reporter job? I kind of doubt that DWTS would have called if she hadn't become this famous.

Johnny_Fever

Let the record show that you heard from me first:

Under cross examination during a trial in Nashville, Andrews was pelted with questions about her professional success in the aftermath of the video filmed in Nashville’s Marriott hotel and uploaded to the Internet.

“With respect to your career…when you found out about this in July 2009, you were working for ESPN, right?” said Marc Dedman, a lawyer for the hotel partners now being sued by Andrews.

“Yes,” Andrews answered.

“You got a second contract with ESPN, right? And it was a better contract than you had the first time, right?” Dedman asked. “After that you got a contract with Fox Sports right? And that was a better contract than you had with your second contract with ESPN, right?”

Dedman then ran through a list of endorsement deals that came after July 2009, including ones with TruBiotics, Reebok and Diet Mountain Dew.

“Your income has gone up substantially since this occurred,” Dedman finally said, to an objection by Andrews’ lawyers.

nylynnr

Yes, it's for real, although the stalker is not on trial; it's a civil matter with the hotel as defendant. Andrews was traumatized by this event. Plus, there are folks like you who think she should have "relaxed and enjoyed" the humiliation because it made her more famous. And think about it: if you had a stalker, would you want a hotel to give out information on where your room is located, and -- without contacting you -- assign that stalker a room next to your own? That's what the lawsuit is about.

Johnny_Fever

Yes, it's for real, although the stalker is not on trial; it's a civil matter with the hotel as defendant. Andrews was traumatized by this event. Plus, there are folks like you who think she should have "relaxed and enjoyed" the humiliation because it made her more famous. And think about it: if you had a stalker, would you want a hotel to give out information on where your room is located, and -- without contacting you -- assign that stalker a room next to your own? That's what the lawsuit is about.
I'm aware of what the lawsuit is about, and there's no doubt in my mind that she was traumatized by the event at the time. I just think she's laying it on a bit thick for the jury. She should stick to reporting and hosting, not acting. Its clearly not her strength. She's reminding me of Oscar Pistorius' courtroom theatrics. I guess the potential for $75 million has a way of making people embarrass themselves.

Last edited:

nylynnr

I'm aware of what the lawsuit is about, and there's no doubt in my mind that she was traumatized by the event at the time. I just think she's laying it on a bit thick for the jury. She should stick to reporting and hosting, not acting. Its clearly not her strength. I guess the potential for $75 million has a way of making people embarrass themselves.

That's odd you know so much, because your post #605 belies any acquaintance with the case at all. "At the time" -- the months she was incapacitated following the incident -- is much of what counts in determining damages. And whatever you think of Andrews, liability is also in issue. Hotels of this kind should train front desk staff not to give room information out so freely and willingly.

screech

Derek Hough will not be back for this season of DWTS. His Singing in the Rain isn't due to start until 2017, but apparently he's going to be doing some acting during this time. Julianne is also not coming back this season.

Another casting rumour I've heard is Jodie Sweetin from Full(er) House. She took dance lessons as a kid (she said that when her character danced in the show, that was her real dancing group she was with) so hopefully she'll be really good!

Re Erin Andrews - she has a right to be as traumatized as she is. To some she may be 'laying it on thick', to others, and probably her, she's being honest. Yes, she has more fame and fortune now, but at what cost to her privacy and herself? It's not like she's a Kardashian who made a tape of herself, used this as a true launching point for her career and profits directly from this. I think this needs to set a precedent. What next - someone finds out a room number and sets cameras in the lamps, ceiling fans or electronics in the room?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information