Music: I’m nin’alu (Mor Avrahami Remix)

3F
1A* - invalid element
Ch Combo Spin 3
3Lz+3Tq
Step Sequence 4
Fly Camel Spin 4

Layback Spin 3

Mark was really invested in Hendrickx program today. Such a silly mistake on the Axel. Unnecessary as Dick Button would say.

70.65 = 1st Place

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
After the SP, the results:

1​
Loena HENDRICKXBEL
70.65​
35.02​
35.63​
8.93​
9.07​
8.79​
0.00​
#11​
2​
Rinka WATANABEJPN
65.09​
34.45​
30.64​
7.61​
7.68​
7.75​
0.00​
#8​
3​
Hana YOSHIDAJPN
64.65​
35.52​
30.13​
7.54​
7.50​
7.61​
1.00​
#4​
4​
Niina PETROKINAEST
62.58​
31.41​
31.17​
7.79​
7.86​
7.79​
0.00​
#7​
5​
Hongyi CHENCHN
62.57​
35.32​
27.25​
6.96​
6.64​
6.89​
0.00​
#2​
6​
Xiangyi ANCHN
61.86​
33.69​
28.17​
7.04​
7.00​
7.14​
0.00​
#3​
7​
Madeline SCHIZASCAN
61.53​
30.84​
30.69​
7.75​
7.82​
7.50​
0.00​
#6​
8​
Yelim KIMKOR
59.56​
26.64​
32.92​
8.18​
8.21​
8.36​
0.00​
#10​
9​
Ekaterina KURAKOVAPOL
57.37​
27.48​
29.89​
7.43​
7.50​
7.54​
0.00​
#9​
10​
Audrey SHINUSA
50.97​
22.61​
28.36​
7.14​
7.04​
7.14​
0.00​
#5​
11​
Yi ZHUCHN
50.96​
25.89​
26.07​
6.50​
6.39​
6.71​
1.00​
#1​

Protocols link: http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...------QUAL000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
The gap in scores between first and second says a lot about this competition!

Anyway, I'm not hanging around the the men's event. I could probably watch the first half but then I'll get drawn into the rest and I need to be awake tomorrow.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Scandalous judging. A single axel, a flutzed and underrotated combo, and a five point lead?!?!? Hendrickx should not even be in the top six. The judges who can't look past her skimpy costumes and vamping choreography to see empty programs and severe technique issues need to be censured. Absolutely ridiculous. Her scores were cute in 2022, but this is getting ridiculous. The Japanese judge was the only one who saw things remotely like I did. Pinzarrone should already be regarded as the top Belgian woman if she's clean, IMO.

airgelaal

Scandalous judging. A single axel, a flutzed and underrotated combo, and a five point lead?!?!? Hendrickx should not even be in the top six. The judges who can't look past her skimpy costumes and vamping choreography to see empty programs and severe technique issues need to be censured. Absolutely ridiculous. Her scores were cute in 2022, but this is getting ridiculous. The Japanese judge was the only one who saw things remotely like I did. Pinzarrone should already be regarded as the top Belgian woman if she's clean, IMO.
So the next 6 girls skated perfectly? :confused:

Milan

Loena was the clear winner of the SP.

MsZem

I see the sea
My biggest issue with Loena is that the music is a crime against the memory of Ofra Haza, may god rest her soul. Skate to the original, Loena :mitchell:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Love Schizas' commitment to interpretation, even if the facial expressions are a bit much for TV - at least she understands the need to project in an arena.

Shame she didn't get triple-triple, but the rest of pretty darn good.
it is actually much better live as its nice to see skaters interpreting their music when you watch closer up (like the Judges) - the close panning in to her face is a camera thing for the audience so it gives a different perspective.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Zhu--really into creepy/stalker Can't Help Falling in Love(Lutz?) with you. Fall on fall lyric, bonus.

Chen in classic Lori Nicole program

An That was a skate. With a cartwheel. It was something that was done.

Yoshida needs to forget about the 3A for now because I want to see this beautiful program clean

Shin, typical skate for her. Nice moments, but overall not much there.

These girls are starting to bleed into each other. Kurakova couldn't keep my interest even, they're all off. I did it find it amusing that she is surprised why her scores aren't higher. I mean, I love Kurakova, but ain't no one think she's podium-ready at a GP event. :rofl: I swear it took my six days to watch this.

Stupid mistake from Loena, but still the most watchable program of the night.

I was planning on napping after watching the ladies, but feel like that was enough of a nap and will do clothes before psyching myself up for men/pairs.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Catching up on the first flight of women now.

Zhu -- worst version of I Can't Help Falling in.Love I've ever heard. Sounded more like I Can't Help Drowning.

Chen -- what a lovely, graceful skater she is.

An -- thank heaven they got the child a decent costume. Music is a little shrill and annoying.

Yoshida -- very strong (except the darn 3a!) and lots of personality.

Shin -- this is such a great program for her; pity she wasn't at her best today.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
it is actually much better live as its nice to see skaters interpreting their music when you watch closer up (like the Judges) - the close panning in to her face is a camera thing for the audience so it gives a different perspective.
Yes, exactly. Sometimes people complain about skaters' facial expressions, forgetting they are doing a performance for a live audience who are further away than the TV cameras.

Last edited:

mtnskater

Loena remembers the lesson of Katarina Witt: Sex sells!:cool: I do like her skating, but think she was overscored here with the single axel and under combo. The callers are not calling the errors of the top skaters here properly.

Super underwhelming set of short programs today.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Loena remembers the lesson of Katarina Witt: Sex sells!:cool: I do like her skating, but think she was overscored here with the single axel and under combo. The callers are not calling the errors of the top skaters here properly.

Super underwhelming set of short programs today.
She got no points for the 1A - it was an invalid element and the 3t on the combo was called q. Pontificate all you want about the q vs <, but the tech panel was there in person and made the decision.

I don't get this constant carping about the scores of the top skaters - the rest of Loena's elements are a cut above the rest of this sorry field.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information