Canadian Men other than Chan

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by mag, May 24, 2012.

1. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

:huh: Kevin Reynolds has been to Worlds three consecutive times, placing in the top twelve two of those times. With Chan outscoring everyone else by a large margin in the past few seasons, I'd say it's a given that Canada would have three spots.

2. emilieh

emilieh Active Member

Thanks for the news on Gosselin's competitions this year. I know I looked at Octoberfest results, but I guess I forgot that he was there. Glad to hear that he's on a comeback path.

I'd heard that O'Brien sustained an injury during the off-season, though again, I can't remember what it was. He was off the ice for a few months, I think, so I hope that he will also continue to improve. He turns 19 before July 1 though, so I think that means that this was his final year of JGP eligibility, right? Or do I have that backwards?

3. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Gachinski, Voronov, Rippon, van der Perren and Verner "underperforming" is not a fluke. It's a pretty good likelihood.

4. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Yes, at some point underperforming just becomes performing. I believe the one time Kevin didn't place in the top 12 he was actually the alternate and went with both an injury and I think also sick.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Most likely. Reynolds repeating a top 12 at this years Worlds seems unlikely, but who knows he might put it all together and get the needed help once again. Nobody else even seems capable.

6. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

You're correct. I should have checked tracings.net before I posted.

Thanks for the correction.

7. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

With Rogozine's bad result at NHK, Elladj Balde is looking like the frontrunner for that last podium position at Nationals. I wish Skate Canada had sent him to another Senior B this fall, because if he does finish 3rd, then it's do or die at 4CC to get the TES minimum to go to Worlds. (Although to be fair, Elladj blew one of his shots at the TES pretty badly at Nebelhorn...I have a little more sympathy about missing it at SC, because he did have a relatively strong performance there.)

8. Coaster

Coaster New Member

Looking at the starting orders for Senior Men at Challenge, it looks like Peter will skate as a Senior.

9. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

How long has Nam Ngyun been with Orser?

10. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Nam Nguyen switched to Orser last summer.

11. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Check out the video of Kevin being interviewed by two Japanese lads who think he is an ordinary tourist, but google him half way through - it's from CBC sports, retweeted by PJ Kwong. I'd copy to this post for you, but I don't know how. It is hilarious and charming! the Japanese lads seem to be participating in a TV contest or Game show and lucked out. The title of the article tweeted and retweeted is Super Skating and the video is half way down the page.

12. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Sylvia has posted the said vid in the Kevin Reynolds thread.