Amazing Race 19

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rogue, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It looks like they've picked a really good cast, who will all challenge each other. Hearing about the couple who used to do triathalons made me think of the two overweight men with bad knees who were cast a couple of years back. Sure, cast some couch potatoes is a good idea, but get two of them who exercise now and then - and have all of their body parts in working order! :lol:

3. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

FECKING ETHAN AND JENNA?!?! :mad:

I am really over all of CBS' reality competitions recycling their contestants. I didn't mind Ethan in his season, but I loathe Jenna Morasca and I really do not want them on TAR. Please, please please let them be eliminated first. Egregious use of former NFL players is also annoying.

These awful casting trends are ruining what used to be really great shows. I've already sworn off Big Brother, I'm ready to give up on Survivor after last season's crapfest, but please don't take my beloved TAR! :wuzrobbed

4. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

I'm wondering about Survivor, myself. They're redoing the Boston Rob/Russell plotline using Ozzy and Coach.

5. genevieve

Seriously?!? :blah: I'm done with them if that's true.

6. jamesy

jamesy of the United States of America

You're going to run out of TV to watch. Don't act like that will be a good thing.

I don't think I personally mind that Ethan/Jenna will be on, though I agree that all the contestant inbreeding among the shows is getting to be a bit much.

7. genevieve

The only tv I've watched all summer is SYTYCD (and GLEE Project on Hulu). It's been working out for me pretty well! :p

8. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Well, the nice thing about ignoring survivor, is just like Rob and Amber I have no idea who these people are. I liked Rob and Amber, so who knows...

9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Cast is okay, I guess. I try not to pre-judge, as I'm almost always proven incorrect.

But, :blah: meh, Sunderlands. Publicity chasing machine of a family. Last we heard from them, they were defending their parenting prowess while their would-be record-breaking tween daughter floated in her disabled boat, alone, in the Indian Ocean ... awaiting a multi-million dollar rescue.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
  10. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Looks interesting.
    I never really liked Jenna, but liked Ethan. The fact that Ethan has been with her so long, gives Jenna a few extra points, plus she was so young when she won Surivivor. Will wait to see.
    I understand how some folks may not like this kind of casting. But it generates interest which may attract new viewers to the show. I love AR, and it has been on a long time, so anything to keep it going is good news to me.

11. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Totally agree with everything here. I absolutely hated Jenna and am still scratching my head on her win (partly because Rob C should have won and I never got over it). All I can remember about her is her and Heidi stripping for peanut butter and chocolate. I don't know why anyone wanted to see that...she looked like a pale refugee. Ethan won because everyone else on this season sucked. But, I am glad to hear that he's healthy, so I'll move on from that.

I refuse to check out the rest of the cast. I just wanted to see which Survivors were participating. I stopped watching Big Brother after the first elimination this season. And I pray that Survivor is at least a challenge this season. I loved Boston Rob but he slept walked thru that whole season.....no one was up to the task. Let's hope this season is an improvement or I'll have to put it down, too.

12. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

For a moment there I thought it said Elliot Halverson instead of Ernie Halvorsen. :lol:

Personally, I don't mind Ethan/Jenna. I'm so happy for him that he's overcome his battle with cancer and that he is able to participate in this!

I also loved that there is finally a 60+ couple for the first time in years! I loved Meredith and Gretchen from Season 7.

Habs and (deleted member) like this.
  13. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to get an FSU Team on that show. Can't be me ... I can't drive a stick, and I can't read a map, so that leaves me pretty useless during car travel. :lol:

14. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Oh, oh, I can drive stick shift and read maps. However, I would probably suck at physical stuff and I don't do well eating new foods but I am fast -- just a few bites and down the hatch!!! :lol:

15. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I can eat anything, drive a stick and read a map. I'm not flinging watermelons or carting stuff up and down stairs.

I don't watch Survivor or Big Brother so all the contestants will be new to me. I can hate or cheer them without bias.

16. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

17. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

The watermelon gets me every time. :rofl:

But the choice for most heart wrenching moment? No way.

18. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

no Collin's broken ox?!!

19. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you.:blah:

20. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

For real. CBS still has a boner for Margie & Luke, even though even the sappiest of sappy viewers (you know who you are!) weren't buying their schtick anymore by the middle of TARAS2.

Frank & Margarita's devastation in discovering Rob & Brennan already at the $1mil bath mat (TARII finale) was far more "heart wrenching," as were many other eliminations.

It's an insult to everyone, especially deaf people and others with disabilities, that Luke's whining and his and his mother's "victim" agenda are [still!] being packaged as inspirational by dunderheaded network PTBs.

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm just glad the cheese footage made it!!
    I still :rofl: at hearing "Don't let a cheese hit me!"

22. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Phil Keoghan is supposed to be live tweeting during the East Coast showing of TAR tonight.

23. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Well, damn.....I'm glad I peeked in here. I didn't realize we were starting tonight. I haven't picked my team yet or anything....I'm so not on top of things. Going to Directv's website to set my DVR ASAP. I'm working tonight and can't watch live.......:slinkaway

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So are we going to stick with 1 thread for the entire season instead of week by week threads?

FiveRinger, I forgot it was on tonight until I noticed it on a tv listings website when I was checking for something else!! What a great surprise!! I can't wait!

25. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Stupid football!

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

(((Garden Kitty))) Football is still on???? TAR is actually on time for me.

There's quite a variety of teams this season.

27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

No 60 Minutes, but we haven't even gotten to Andy Rooney yet.

28. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

THE AMAZING RACE IS BACK ON MY TV.

29. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

On time start on CTV (Canada) :)

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Good grief this puzzle looks complicated.. I would be lost. :scream:

Where are they starting from?