vCash

The 2014 Olympic Figure Skating

Does anyone know were I can get it on DVD.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Does anyone know were I can get it on DVD.?
    I don't think it's available on DVD at this time, and don't know whether or not a compilation DVD will be sold by NBC (the U.S. TV rights holder).

ETA:

NBC released a 4-hour Vancouver Olympics highlights commemorative DVD: http://theolympicsblog.blogspot.com/...-olympics.html (another review I found stated that "NBC decided to include only a few minutes (IN TOTAL) of figure skating on the 2010 Olympic highlight DVD; the figure skating is extremely limited...")

I haven't come across a mention online of a similar DVD for the Sochi Olympics.

What did Canadians think of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics 5-disc DVD/Blu-ray set produced by CTV? http://aroundtherings.com/site/A__34...t/292/Articles
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-05-2014 at 01:05 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The 2010 Vancouver Olympic dvds were good but didn't include full event replays - focused mainly on the medal winners and Canadian athletes - I had hoped that the figure skating events might be released as full event package but they only did that with hockey.
    When watching live I like everyone to skate clean - but on television the occasional trainwreck can be fun.

vCash
    Full replays from London 2012 were eventually uploaded by the official IOC channel (youtube.com/user/olympic), so I'm holding out hope that full replays of Sochi will be uploaded

vCash
    You can wath full events from Vancouver in the official youtube page too.

vCash
    Would OBS sell any of them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Would OBS sell any of them?
    Olympic Broadcasting Services (OBS) "was created by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) in 2001 in order to serve as the Host Broadcaster organisation for all Olympic Games, Olympic Winter Games and Youth Olympic Games" - more info at: https://www.obs.tv

I don't believe OBS owns the rights to sell anything - that's up to the individual countries that purchased broadcast rights from the IOC.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    The 2010 Vancouver Olympic dvds were good but didn't include full event replays - focused mainly on the medal winners and Canadian athletes - I had hoped that the figure skating events might be released as full event package but they only did that with hockey.
    Thanks for your reply.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden