Thread: Well...

Administrator
    vCash

Well...

Early this morning, I took the site down to carry out the migration process from vBulletin to XenForo. It's been in the works for a while and would've brought about a horde of new features, improvements and performance enhancements.

As you can see however, it didn't go ahead. Towards the end of perhaps the second or third stage of around five, it was clear something was amiss. The second and third stages of the process are when data is being crunched, manipulated and transferred in to a new, fresh database from the old one. After this process concluded, it would've been smooth sailing for the most part. However, it became evident that some data didn't make the jump, specifically from February 2014 onwards. I have spent probably the last hour investigating the cause of this and believe I have found it. The issue occurred with the way the current database was setup. No one's fault particularly but it was overlooked by me during initial testing.

As a result, I've had to rollback to vBulletin and it's still exactly the same as it was when I took it down at around 5:20AM BST. The new migration date is yet to be decided but will likely take place in the next few days.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Second time lucky!

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    No worries SG - Take it easy and come back for round 2
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

vCash
    vB is a big ancient monster, so don't worry - get decisive!
    Some say that in the Autumn all her arms go brown and fall off. And that if she wrote you a letter of condolence she would at least get your name right.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Server Guy, you're doing a great job. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the kinks out but it's worth the wait. Thank you for what you've accomplished so far!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    last ditch rep spree!

thx for the update and all your work SG
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Sorry you had trouble. When I came to the site this afternoon, my first thought was, "Wow, they REALLY managed to duplicate the look and feel of the old website." And then a minute later realized that we were still on vBulletin.

Good luck!

Clueless American
    vCash
    Thanks for the hard work!

Administrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Sorry you had trouble. When I came to the site this afternoon, my first thought was, "Wow, they REALLY managed to duplicate the look and feel of the old website." And then a minute later realized that we were still on vBulletin.

Good luck!
    Gave me a giggle.

Thanks for the support and positive comments made via rep, appreciate it. I'll hit it harder on the second go.

vCash
    These things happen Server Guy, no worries It will happen as it's meant to so don't sweat it!

vCash
    Server Guy.
    Bummer. These things have a mind of their own sometimes. At least I don't have to learn new stuff this week
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Good luck! As a software developer, some of my least favorite tasks have been data migration. 'Interesting' stuff always happen.

Thanks for the hard work!
    Check out my baking blog at http://morethandough.wordpress.com, and like it on facebook. Thanks!

vCash
    Sorry to hear you ran into problems, SG. Don't worry. I can wait patiently until they get fixed. Thanks for all the hard work.

vCash
    Good luck with figuring it all out!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I was wondering--was without power here for about 14-15 hours, come on in and it all looked the same. Cue twilight zone music!
    "Me, cutie/chicken, the egg cup, I am the hammer of my spoon!"--Jen_Faith translation