vCash

Summer Concerts- Which Ones Are You Going To?

My friend and I are reliving our (much) younger years. We'll be seeing Queen with Adam Lambert at Madison Square Garden, Crosby, Stills and Nash, then James Taylor, then Temptations and Four Tops, all at Bethel Woods, NY.

What concerts will you be going to this summer? Which ones do you wish you could get to?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    adam and queen!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor, Billy Joel - 3 of our faves - and a tradition to see them when they come to our area, several classical concerts with the Phila., PA orchestra @ our outdoor venue.
    Last edited by paskatefan; 06-21-2014 at 10:11 AM.

vCash
    My niece gave a lovely concert in the local park as one of the "concert in the park" series. She sang all Disney songs. The amphitheater was full and there were families on blankets on the grass. An awful lot of little ones danced and sang along with "Let It Go". I went to that one. Oh, it was also free.

She is also giving the same concert again this weekend at an area water park.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Summer = festivals when it comes to music as far as I'm concerned. Lots of free concerts with the Jazz Fest over the next two weekends, and then there's Carnaval Del Sol (Latin festival), then Folk Fest later in July, followed by the Roots & Blues festival in August.

The Vancouver Symphony also does a couple of free outdoor concerts, I'll try to take in one of those.

And then there's the "Enchanted Evening" series at Dr Sun Yat-Sen classical Chinese gardens -- fantastic music in a gorgeous setting. I have tickets to Jim Byrnes, might go to a couple of the others too.

vCash
    So far, I've tickets for: Aerosmith and Slash, Queens of the Stone Age, Beck, Tom Petty, Jack White, Black Keys.

I think I'd like to see Queen and Adam Lambert, I'll have to see if they are going to be in my area.

Good thread!

vCash
    Western NY -- Janelle Monae, Vijay Iyer, and Buddy Guy are in town this week for Jazz Fest, and there are many free shows too

vCash
    In terms of big shows, Boston and Cheap Trick at Bethel Woods, NY. That's for my husband, really. The one I'd really like to see is Queen with Adam Lambert!
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I'm going to see Cher in Portland, OR on June 30. All the reviews I've seen have been fabulous! I missed the 'Farewell' tour a number of years ago, and can't wait to see this one!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    I'm going to see Cher in Portland, OR on June 30. I missed the 'Farewell' tour a number of years ago, and can't wait to see this one!
    So what's this tour called? "Farewell 2: The Sequel?" Or "Farewell, no, I really mean it this time"?

Sorry, I'm not mocking you, and Cher is great, I'd love to see her ... but it drives me wingy when the marketing geniuses come up with the "farewell" and "final" stuff.

vCash
    ^ A woman has the right to change her mind, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    So what's this tour called? "Farewell 2: The Sequel?" Or "Farewell, no, I really mean it this time"?

Sorry, I'm not mocking you, and Cher is great, I'd love to see her ... but it drives me wingy when the marketing geniuses come up with the "farewell" and "final" stuff.
    The tour name is "Dressed to Kill" -- rather fitting considering the costumes she usually has. I don't think marketing geniuses had anything to do with the tour or the name. As orbitz said, a girl does have the right to change her mind! When she first started talking about doing a new tour last fall, she said she even surprised herself at wanting to do it again -- she had honestly believed the Farewell tour was the last one. From everything I've been able to read, the show is classic Cher -- full of OTT costuming, but also a wonderful walk down memory lane with music from her album from last fall (Closer to the Truth) as well as old stuff from her career. Cindi Lauper is opening shows on this end of the tour. The tour must be doing okay because tickets recently went on sale for an additional number of shows in the fall.
    Last edited by Really; 06-21-2014 at 12:34 AM.

vCash
    My granddaughter and I just saw Il Volo at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. They were absolutely stupendous! We ordered the boxed dinners there, the weather was perfect, and we had so much fun.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Not sure it counts but I'll be in Chicago (in less than two weeks, omg!). My Nephew is a member of the Portland Youth Philharmonic and his symphony will be performing at Millennium Park Saturday, July 5 as part of the Grant Park Music Festival. So looking forward to it!

vCash
    We saw Cher in late April when she came to Philly. She was still awesome - well worth it!

vCash
    Sadly, not many concerts that I want to go to in the summer. But, April was jam packed with awesome shows. So I guess there's a dry spell for the summer. But I may go to First City Festival in Monterey, CA where Beck (just saw him at Coachella) and The National are headliners. Other acts performing that I would be interested in seeing are Midlake, Future Islands (also just saw them at Coachella), Blind Pilot, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Phantogram, The Naked and Famous (just saw them at Coachella, and another festival), Tanlines, Geographer, Liars, The Stepkids, Mr. Little Jeans, Lo Fang, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Jr.

vCash
    I've listed my two tickets for Cher's Dressed to Kill tour stop in Portland, OR on Monday, June 30 on Stubhub. They are floor seats (Row 23) and are going for US$119 each. The listing ends on Wednesday, June 25. I really want to go but life is just crazy stupid busy right now....*sigh*...getting there from central Alberta is just a really quick drive in 2 days...

vCash
    We just saw Jars of Clay. FUN concert but boy I'm a few albums behind. We might go see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy when we're up in northern Wisc next month, and OK Go will be in our area in August, but it's on a school night (after school has already started), so we might have to miss it.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Eagles!!!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Elton John Sept. 13