Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Was Devin a major league baseball player? He said "professional". If he was very low level, the pay is crap; I really think most jobs pay more than that- like even working at McDonalds. So I can totally see someone 'giving up baseball' in that case. There is a point where you have to realize you aren't going to make it.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    From the look of Devin's uniform logo, he was never major league, so perhaps played in some regional league? Are there national minor leagues? Difference being the travel. He clearly has childcare help of some sort at the very least (otherwise how could he leave his daughter for 3 months?), so if he was just a regional player then at most he'd be gone for a few days at a time, no biggy. Which leads me to think that quitting for his daughter is his story, but as Skittl says the real reason was likely that he wasn't getting anywhere with it, so is now trying for D list fame/modeling etc. I think he could also be going for the big sympathy thing - with women he dates (so responsible!), job prospects (so admirable), girls on the show (awww she sounds so sweet!), other parents on the show (it's so haaarrrd!), and America's votes. So far I ain't buying.

re Caleb - is the show really stupid enough to bring on a racist, as well as someone who is going to ire animal lovers the way Lane did? There's no way they didn't know about all this, so either they are a bunch of hypocrites who value ratings over anything else (which is likely, but they could at least pretend), or he's given them a shovel full of "I'm really trying to be a better person and I want to show America that we all have faults but we can try to improve ourselves" type of Survivor-style redemption story. Maybe that's what he fed the Survivor casting people, and while they could hide the racism in the edit, they didn't relish dealing with his hunting habits, which would have been harder to get around. Just speculating of course, but if it's true that some of these players are Survivor and AR rejects, he could very well fall into that category.

What one can hope is that if he shows his colours early, the rest of the cast boots his ass out rather than have their season tainted and possibly get caught in all the online hate and controversy and job losses themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Was Devin a major league baseball player? He said "professional". If he was very low level, the pay is crap; I really think most jobs pay more than that- like even working at McDonalds. So I can totally see someone 'giving up baseball' in that case. There is a point where you have to realize you aren't going to make it.
    Someone on Sucks dug up Devin's minor league career and he played a few years in the Cardinals system but never made it further than high A ball. Then he bounced around in the Independent league for awhile and finally gave up.

I want to root for him and have hopes that he goes far and won't have too large of a target on his back for being an athletic guy.

and someone dug up a picture of Donny without a beard and he's actually pretty good looking. Too bad BB is making him keep the beard.

vCash
    Well that was pretty impressive by Caleb. just a day into his stay in the house and he has people falling over themselves to want to be aligned with him. Not a surprise that Devin would want to work with him as it keeps a much bigger target in the house that Devin can hide behind but I am surprised about Frankie. I guess the whole double HOH is really mixing things up.

Will be interesting to see when the feeds come on tonight just who is starting to be the power in the house and who is on the outside.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Wil Show" will be doing weekly videos too!!!!

"The Wil Show" #BB16Saga Promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq96hYzVjKU

vCash
    I couldn't stay up for the live feeds to come on but did get up a bit early this morning to see what has happened.

So we have:

Frankie nominated Victoria and Brittany.

Caleb nominated Donny and Paola.

Victoria and Brittany won BOTB, so they came off the block, and Frankie was dethroned..

Donny and Paola are currently nominated.

Looks like the pre POV contest target is Donny but who knows if that will last till the vote out next Thursday. Joey's name has been brought up as a replacement nom, if the right person wins POV

Other tidbits:

Caleb has unrequited love for Amber
    Devin whines about everything and is disliked by most of the house, especially Nicole, Christine and Brittany
    Zach calmed down and is in an alliance with Frankie and then another with Derrick/Cody
    Jocosta is well liked, which is a surprise

Be interesting to see how the next few days play out, especially if Donny wins POV.

vCash
    Some more info:

Joey outed the all female alliance, so that's why she's on the outs with most of the house and being talked about being the replacement nomination. Some, including Frankie would like to keep Donny but at this point in the game will go with the majority of the house. I think Donny is a sweet guy but its probably for the best that he goes now as he is totally out of his element. We'll see if the POV is something he can win this evening; if he doesn't win, his stay will be a short one.

Six of the guys--Zach, Frankie, Caleb, Devin, Derrick and Cody are in a loose alliance; Christine and Amber are also in it but Zach & Frankie feel like its six minus Caleb & Devin.

Just from reading the recaps this morning, its seems like Caleb is the long lost love child of Gina Marie & Danielle M as his love/obsession with Amber is crazy. We'll see if Grodner starts to push Amber into a shomance with him but I really can't see her going for it.

vCash
    Donny won POV so Caleb has to make a new nomination. Think he'll go with a girl and nominate Joey with her being the target. Oh and Caleb's going to tell Amber tonight how he feels about her. This has trainwreck written all over it!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    gosh poor amber. caleb has a bit of the sleeping with the enemy vibe.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    gosh poor amber. caleb has a bit of the sleeping with the enemy vibe.
    Very much so. Right now its just alot of delusional talk on Caleb's part but it could easily go bad real quick like. Thank god Derrick the cop is in the house too as he seems very aware of what's going on and that makes things a bit better for Amber.

vCash
    Is part of the BB application to list your potential alliance names?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Is part of the BB application to list your potential alliance names?
    if you cant come up with a corny name, you are required to disband by the natl society of dumbasses
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Wil Show" BB16 The Saga episode #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRRGBsPbbps

vCash
    I finally watched Sun pm episode. And then reading stuff on previously.tv. I need to go to other forums.
    Typical CBS - not showing things. Sounds like Zach likes Frankie - and they are spending a lot of time together. But even the feeds do not show them alone. And so far Caleb has major obsession with Amber - and he knows she is mixed. Also he has bonded with Frankie - again surprise to what is known about him before the show.
    Devin is playing too hard.
    Sounds like everyone likes Frankie.
    Also viewers of the feeds think they were definitly given a list of words to not say, among other instructions - and the cast is being careful to not be racist - they are aware of last year. cast is getting along pretty well so far.
    Also - folks want Joey out and that will mess of America's team. She was a recruit - and does not know the show.
    I am too cheap to pay for feeds.

vCash
    I've been watching some of BB After Dark.
    Paola's voice is getting on my nerves and Zach can leave any time now.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Watched last night's show - wow was that slow moving! If I didn't already know Donny won veto and Joey was the replacement I would have seen it coming before the first commercial! I feel like they've got some new producers - trying too hard to tell the personal storylines (Donny, Donny and more Donny) too early when what we need now is more HGs and more game action, and they can do the more indepth character development later when there's less of them. Plus, note the new glam shots when they dress up in their comp outfits.

Hate the decor of that house - between the insane mix of materials and colours and styles and all the crap and garbage the HGs leave around, it's hard to see what's even going on. Such a contrast from this spring's BBCan house.

Random additional comments:

Joey may be the worst player in BB history.
    Who knew that a big former athlete single dad was going to be this year's designated should he really be on this show with those issues cast member?
    Paola came in like a lion and will go out like a lamb.
    Even if I didn't know he's a creep in real life, I'd know it now - Caleb's eyes scare me.
    Is Frankie really that nice, or is he playing a masterful social game, or both?
    Don't get the Cody love - not at all attractive to me.
    Nicole is so far turning out to be a much better version of Jordan.
    How could anyone not guess that Derrick is a cop?

vCash
    Who knew that a big former athlete single dad was going to be this year's designated should he really be on this show with those issues cast member?
    Devin is super paranoid, but I think Caleb is the scary one.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Joey voted out.

Amber HOH!!!!
    Cody HOH!!!

UGH!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!! Cody disqualified and Devin is HOH with Amber. .......Devin is Crazy!!! With a capital C.

vCash
    When was the last time a woman won this game? It doesn't look like one will win this season either. W

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast