Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,081 to 1,099 of 1099
  1. #1081
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cerro Torre
    Posts
    3,495
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I am going through withdrawals!
    Not to worry. Qualifying for Eurocopa 2016 or whatever they call it starts in September. Spain, England, Italy, and Portugal are all tanned rested, and ready.

  2. #1082

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Has Suarez won the Golden Teeth award?
    Here is a cute video of Luis Suarez as a kid on a kids' game show. Remarkable agility at that age.

  3. #1083
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The tv ratings for Sunday's final was the 3rd highest for a World Cup match in US tv history.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-audience.html

    And finally... goodbye Brazil and now on to Russia.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...ment-time.html
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-15-2014 at 02:10 AM.

  4. #1084
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    One last thing before we move on... Here is the scene at the Brandenburg Gate where the German NT was greeted by an out half a million fans.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...burg-Gate.html

  5. #1085
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,629
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    One last thing before we move on... Here is the scene at the Brandenburg Gate where the German NT was greeted by an out half a million fans.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...burg-Gate.html
    Just got back home from the party at the Brandenburger Gate; simply incredible!!! I'm sure there were loads of people who haven't slept since Sunday (the first fans were there at 4 am, the Fanmeile opened at 5:30, 1 1/2 hour before scheduled opening time) and the team was simply overwhelmed and thrilled.

    (article isn't quite accurate - they're on UK time, landing was at 10:08 and they arrived at the Brandenburger Gate after 12 p.m. and there were an estimated 400,000-500,000 at the Brandenburger Gate, they're estimating something around 800,000 in total but they said they can't give any accurate estimations because of how many people were on the street cheering the bus)

    And what you can't see on any of the photos, the plane had "SiegerFlieger" written on its side, it translates to "victory flyer/plane"
    Last edited by ballettmaus; 07-15-2014 at 04:27 PM.

  6. #1086

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,986
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1833
    The overtime gave way to a rather ironic situation, while the german team was receiving the cup there were fireworks going off in France for the 14th of July... rather unfortunate but inevitable timing.

  7. #1087

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,259
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    920
    Oh...yes indeed! One hottie coach and one absolutely BEAUTIFUL flag!!!

  8. #1088

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    La Belle Province
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,382
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3763
    Congrats ballettmaus! I watched the 2010 Final at a Spanish-supporting bar in NYC and the celebration afterward was fun, but it can't be anything in comparison to what you just experienced. Germany really deserved the win overall but kudos to Argentina for keeping it close with a decent number of chances.

    And belated thanks to beepbeep for the volunteer work - I'm honestly bummed the WC can't be in Brazil again next time. There were real unfortunate issues with the preparation and funds spent, but it was still a fantastic event.

    I'm already psyched for the club season to start!

  9. #1089

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    This article made me laugh so hard that I was in tears.

    World Cup of Arm Folding


  10. #1090
    Mad for mangelwurzels
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    جوجه تیغی خجالتی می داند زیبایی از گلبرگ
    Posts
    10,593
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    122817
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Here is a cute video of Luis Suarez as a kid on a kids' game show. Remarkable agility at that age.
    Yes, he's amazingly talented. But I think he needs some anger management classes.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

  11. #1091

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    Posts
    5,013
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34851
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ld-cup-captain

    In case Lahm follows through with this, :

  12. #1092

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,986
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1833
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ld-cup-captain

    In case Lahm follows through with this, :
    Oh noes, x100 . I still remember when he was one of the youngsters on the team... But if he indeed follows through with the decision, I think it's a wise move, unfortunately not many athletes understand the concept of retiring while they're ahead...

  13. #1093
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,655
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ld-cup-captain

    In case Lahm follows through with this, :
    Good luck to him.

  14. #1094

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    James Rodriguez has signed with Real Madrid, $108USD soon after Toni Kroos signed with them.

    Di Maria and Khedira are supposedly on the way out in order to finance Rodriguez's entry.

    Real Madrid's apparent strategy is to pay loads for the latest stars--hurling off other players to finance the deals--without considering where he might fit in the lineup and what would make a well-rounded team.

  15. #1095

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,986
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    1833
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Real Madrid's apparent strategy is to pay loads for the latest stars--hurling off other players to finance the deals--without considering where he might fit in the lineup and what would make a well-rounded team.
    I don't recall where I heard this, but I remember a story that they hired according to the market where they wanted to expand their sales(official jerseys and such), so a few years ago they wanted to expand in the chinese market so they hired David Beckham who was very popular there... Now that I think of it i think I heard this from Paulo Futre on tv, so take it with a grain of salt, a large one! It does explain their hiring however...

  16. #1096

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Infected with the joy of skating!!
    Posts
    10,551
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    14026
    Iker Casillas is apparently leaving Real Madrid, though. And he is the only player who matters...to me
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

  17. #1097
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,629
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Di Maria and Khedira are supposedly on the way out in order to finance Rodriguez's entry.
    Khedira was already rumored to leave and join Arsenal right after the World Cup. And Kroos was actually rumored to join Madrid during the World Cup. We've had both in the news.

  18. #1098

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    9947
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    I don't recall where I heard this, but I remember a story that they hired according to the market where they wanted to expand their sales(official jerseys and such), so a few years ago they wanted to expand in the chinese market so they hired David Beckham who was very popular there... Now that I think of it i think I heard this from Paulo Futre on tv, so take it with a grain of salt, a large one! It does explain their hiring however...
    That makes sense that they would sacrifice Di Maria for Rodriguez. James Rodriguez is a good-looking young guy with a charismatic smile. Angel Di Maria, not so much

  19. #1099
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Back in OKC
    Posts
    140
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    That makes sense that they would sacrifice Di Maria for Rodriguez. James Rodriguez is a good-looking young guy with a charismatic smile. Angel Di Maria, not so much
    Di Maria is really popular with the fans though, and he had a great end to his season scoring in several CL playoff matches and setting up the equalizer and game winner in the final. Early on in 2013/2014, he was looking pretty expendable, but I think he solidified his standing a lot. They may still need to sell for $$$ though.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •