Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
Results 1,081 to 1,099 of 1099
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I am going through withdrawals!
    Not to worry. Qualifying for Eurocopa 2016 or whatever they call it starts in September. Spain, England, Italy, and Portugal are all tanned rested, and ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orientalplane View Post
    Has Suarez won the Golden Teeth award?
    Here is a cute video of Luis Suarez as a kid on a kids' game show. Remarkable agility at that age.

vCash
    The tv ratings for Sunday's final was the 3rd highest for a World Cup match in US tv history.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-audience.html

And finally... goodbye Brazil and now on to Russia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...ment-time.html
    Last edited by Buzz; 07-15-2014 at 02:10 AM.

vCash
    One last thing before we move on... Here is the scene at the Brandenburg Gate where the German NT was greeted by an out half a million fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...burg-Gate.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    One last thing before we move on... Here is the scene at the Brandenburg Gate where the German NT was greeted by an out half a million fans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wor...burg-Gate.html
    Just got back home from the party at the Brandenburger Gate; simply incredible!!! I'm sure there were loads of people who haven't slept since Sunday (the first fans were there at 4 am, the Fanmeile opened at 5:30, 1 1/2 hour before scheduled opening time) and the team was simply overwhelmed and thrilled.

(article isn't quite accurate - they're on UK time, landing was at 10:08 and they arrived at the Brandenburger Gate after 12 p.m. and there were an estimated 400,000-500,000 at the Brandenburger Gate, they're estimating something around 800,000 in total but they said they can't give any accurate estimations because of how many people were on the street cheering the bus)

And what you can't see on any of the photos, the plane had "SiegerFlieger" written on its side, it translates to "victory flyer/plane"
    Last edited by ballettmaus; 07-15-2014 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    The overtime gave way to a rather ironic situation, while the german team was receiving the cup there were fireworks going off in France for the 14th of July... rather unfortunate but inevitable timing.

vCash
    Oh...yes indeed! One hottie coach and one absolutely BEAUTIFUL flag!!!

vCash
    Congrats ballettmaus! I watched the 2010 Final at a Spanish-supporting bar in NYC and the celebration afterward was fun, but it can't be anything in comparison to what you just experienced. Germany really deserved the win overall but kudos to Argentina for keeping it close with a decent number of chances.

And belated thanks to beepbeep for the volunteer work - I'm honestly bummed the WC can't be in Brazil again next time. There were real unfortunate issues with the preparation and funds spent, but it was still a fantastic event.

I'm already psyched for the club season to start!

vCash
    This article made me laugh so hard that I was in tears.

World Cup of Arm Folding

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Here is a cute video of Luis Suarez as a kid on a kids' game show. Remarkable agility at that age.
    Yes, he's amazingly talented. But I think he needs some anger management classes.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ld-cup-captain

In case Lahm follows through with this, :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post

Oh noes, x100 . I still remember when he was one of the youngsters on the team... But if he indeed follows through with the decision, I think it's a wise move, unfortunately not many athletes understand the concept of retiring while they're ahead...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post

Good luck to him.

vCash
    James Rodriguez has signed with Real Madrid, $108USD soon after Toni Kroos signed with them.

Di Maria and Khedira are supposedly on the way out in order to finance Rodriguez's entry.

Real Madrid's apparent strategy is to pay loads for the latest stars--hurling off other players to finance the deals--without considering where he might fit in the lineup and what would make a well-rounded team.

vCash
    Real Madrid's apparent strategy is to pay loads for the latest stars--hurling off other players to finance the deals--without considering where he might fit in the lineup and what would make a well-rounded team.
    I don't recall where I heard this, but I remember a story that they hired according to the market where they wanted to expand their sales(official jerseys and such), so a few years ago they wanted to expand in the chinese market so they hired David Beckham who was very popular there... Now that I think of it i think I heard this from Paulo Futre on tv, so take it with a grain of salt, a large one! It does explain their hiring however...

vCash
    Iker Casillas is apparently leaving Real Madrid, though. And he is the only player who matters...to me
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Di Maria and Khedira are supposedly on the way out in order to finance Rodriguez's entry.
    Khedira was already rumored to leave and join Arsenal right after the World Cup. And Kroos was actually rumored to join Madrid during the World Cup. We've had both in the news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    I don't recall where I heard this, but I remember a story that they hired according to the market where they wanted to expand their sales(official jerseys and such), so a few years ago they wanted to expand in the chinese market so they hired David Beckham who was very popular there... Now that I think of it i think I heard this from Paulo Futre on tv, so take it with a grain of salt, a large one! It does explain their hiring however...
    That makes sense that they would sacrifice Di Maria for Rodriguez. James Rodriguez is a good-looking young guy with a charismatic smile. Angel Di Maria, not so much

vCash
    That makes sense that they would sacrifice Di Maria for Rodriguez. James Rodriguez is a good-looking young guy with a charismatic smile. Angel Di Maria, not so much
    Di Maria is really popular with the fans though, and he had a great end to his season scoring in several CL playoff matches and setting up the equalizer and game winner in the final. Early on in 2013/2014, he was looking pretty expendable, but I think he solidified his standing a lot. They may still need to sell for $$$ though.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455