Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    They actually are at Rostelecom too... Omission in my first post.
    Good. I wasn't paying close attention. Still, both of those GPs are scheduled late in the fall season (for L/S).

Thanks for the additional info, Sylvia. Do any sources know at least what C/T's sp music will be?
    Last edited by aftershocks; 07-27-2014 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The Quebec club comp. should be sanctioned by USFS (U.S. skaters can compete in Canadian summer competitions and vice-versa).

Tweeted yesterday from Skate Detroit: https://mobile.twitter.com/LynnRuthe...71318903758848
    Oh, okay! Didn't know that. You learn something new every day.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I wonder if she still doesn't have a new partner after Rudi returns from his year's personal break, they will get back together. I wonder if she and Moscovitch tried out or didn't because of locations reasons or the fact that Paige is one of Kirsten's good friends.
    Dylan and Paige would be unlikely to team up because they jump in opposite directions. Dylan jumps counter clockwise, while Paige jumps clockwise, or reverse. I doubt friendship would hinder a pairing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    Dylan and Paige would be unlikely to team up because they jump in opposite directions. Dylan jumps counter clockwise, while Paige jumps clockwise, or reverse. I doubt friendship would hinder a pairing.
    I thought that Rudi also jumped counter clockwise, but maybe she didn't have any clockwise guys to skate with at that point.

vCash
    I thought that Rudi also jumped counter clockwise, but maybe she didn't have any clockwise guys to skate with at that point.
    No, Rudi is also a clockwise jumper. Most pair coaches in Canada discourage opposite pairs.

vCash
    Bruno Marcotte mentioned at Skate Detroit that his sister, Julie, choreographed Castelli/Tran's SP to "Ain't No Sunshine" - source link is posted in the Marchei/Hotarek thread.
    ETA from the same article:
    He [Marcotte] added that Castelli, who mainly did Salchow and Axel throws with Shnapir, is also trying Lutz and flip throws.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-27-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ^^ Interesting, Sylvia. I wonder if there were technical reasons related to height difference with Simon as to why Marissa' s jump repertoire with Simon was more limited?

BTW, I also wonder if C/T' s Ain't No Sunshine program is with lyrics or instrumental, and either way, whose version?

Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    No, Rudi is also a clockwise jumper. Most pair coaches in Canada discourage opposite pairs.
    A famous opposite skating pair from the U.S. who enjoyed success was Kristi Y and Rudy G.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 07-28-2014 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Interesting, Sylvia. I wonder if there were technical reasons related to height difference with Simon as to why Marissa' s jump repertoire with Simon was more limited?

BTW, I also wonder if C/T' s Ain't No Sunshine program is with lyrics or instrumental, and either way, whose version?

A famous opposite skating pair from the U.S. who enjoyed success was Kristi Y and Rudy G.
    I know there was one pair that jumped in opposite directions at the 2014 Olympics.. for some reason I thought it was Paige and Rudi, but I guess not.. anyone know? I think they were lower-ranked, like around 15th or so.

vCash
    Woohooo! I loove Ain't No Sunshine! Please let there be vocals!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    YES please!!!! I'm so excited about this pairing. I heart Marissa, so happy she found a great partner!!! Can't wait to see them skate!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Tried to find this in the thread within a thread, but failed.

Not crazy about pairs, but "Ain't No Sunshine". As in the one and only Mr. Bill Withers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

I'm there!

vCash
    I know there was one pair that jumped in opposite directions at the 2014 Olympics.. for some reason I thought it was Paige and Rudi, but I guess not.. anyone know? I think they were lower-ranked, like around 15th or so.
    There wasn't one. I can't recall seeing an opposite jumping pair since Vise/Trent have retired.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    There wasn't one. I can't recall seeing an opposite jumping pair since Vise/Trent have retired.
    Someone tried to tell me that Italy had a reverse team but I couldn't find any evidence of one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    Tried to find this in the thread within a thread, but failed.

Not crazy about pairs, but "Ain't No Sunshine". As in the one and only Mr. Bill Withers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo

I'm there!
    Sadly it's not their music choice after all. I'm still not looking forward to vocals but that would have been an exception...oh well!
    https://twitter.com/skate_moivo/stat...21788617883648

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678