Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I have a dog with too much energy. Does that count?

I really don't have too much of anything. I am never one to go shopping a lot. However, I do have quite a few books that I never got around to reading so I guess you could say I have too many books. However, I am not a huge reader so you would never look around and think "geez, this guy has a ton of books." It is just that I am bad about reading the few books I do buy.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Now, it is possible that I might have too many shoes, but I bought most of them second hand for really cheap, so does that pardon me?
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Dog toys! Especially stuffed ones. My dog, a Golden, is very gentle with his toys and he loves them all, so no way am I throwing any of them out. I have a lot of them put aside at any one time, and I rotate them so they're all "new" to him. I just have to resist buying more....

vCash
    Belly fat

vCash
    ego

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Books (before the days of kindle/nook), movies (before the days of netflix), and music (before the days of Itunes)!
    Same here. I am such a media junkie. Thankfully I can get binders with sleeves for my dvds/blu-rays and cds to save a lot of space, but I have to box my books. I haven't made the transition to kindle/nook or netflix yet. *ponders if there is a 12 step program for my addiction*

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Buying a Nook and an IPod saved me from being found dead under a stack of books and CDs. It annoys me sometimes that the last 100 books I've bought exist only electronically, but it was that or get a bigger condo.

As for music, I've always been a singles buyer anyway, and being able to buy by the song has been heaven for me.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    how do you all get rid of stuff? craigslist? ebay? any tips for selling excess clothing/shoes?

vCash
    The good, old reliable trash can / dumpster works most of the time. That was where all my VHS skating tape went. All of my DVDs were donated to a charity. If furnitures and clothing are in good conditions then I bring them to goodwill.

vCash
    I give clothing and shoes to goodwill. If it's good name brand stuff there are often consignment shops that will sell it, but it seems more trouble than it is worth.

I never throw anything away without listing it on freecyle first. People take all kinds of things. I got rid of a broken snowblower (someone wanted it for parts), 12-year old TV, giant box of craft stuff, wall divider picture frame. All kinds of things. And the TV and snowblower that saved me money, because you have to pay fees to dump that stuff.

It would be nice to get money for these things, but in general, selling is more trouble than it is worth, I think.

vCash
    stress

vCash
    oy..... I have too much of...
    - responsibilities over people and animals
    - unfinished business projects
    - friends who want/need something
    - properties/residences and not a single "home"
    - frustration with how many people in business transactions make dumb mistakes that cost me time and money.
    - information which makes me not want to visit certain countries anymore, mostly due to animal abuse

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234