Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD 2014

vCash
    The first girl (the one whose dad danced) -- could she have been any more generic contemporary? What did I miss that made them rave about her?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    I saw her dance but have no memory of her performance. What a disappointing beginning to the season. I stuck with the show for an hour, then turned the channel to watch a rerun of Criminal Minds. Gee, too bad I missed Bieber.

vCash
    I was flipping back and forth between this, tennis and hockey. So I missed stuff. Saw trailer park girl, and grieving guy and the lap dances. Plus a few others here and there. Nothing stood out for me. Trailer park girl was very pretty but she mostly just lifted her leg a lot. Very meh first show.
    The hockey game was the most exciting part of my night!

vCash
    I was impressed by Travis (will he be able to partner?) and Megan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingsit View Post
    The first girl (the one whose dad danced) -- could she have been any more generic contemporary? What did I miss that made them rave about her?
    She was pretty. Nigel likes pretty.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Missed the first part of the show but tuned in late and still saw some good dancers, looks like it's going to be a great season! I'm excited

vCash
    I thought the standard was pretty good, for a premiere.
    I ignore the cringeworthy/trashy auditions.

vCash
    I watched some of it but then discovered the premier of "Big Ballet" on Ovation & decided to give it a try. It was interesting,a new concept to cast a ballet (Swan Lake) using plus size would be ballet dancers. Not a comedy btw.

vCash
    I liked the couple towards the end - the black guy & white girl. I can't say too much about the guy because he's so young (18) & it would be creepy but I really liked him. I didn't watch her too much so I don't remember much about her. I liked the guy with the scar & his friend, the latin ballroom dancer. And I also liked the girl from Utah with 11 siblings & the girl who was on her own since age 12. Although I also wondered who paid for her dance lessons.

vCash
    I can't say too much about the guy because he's so young (18) & it would be creepy but I really liked him.
    You would never make it as a judge on this show.

vCash
    I love the auditions but rarely follow the show when they hit the main stage.
    Some say that in the Autumn all her arms go brown and fall off. And that if she wrote you a letter of condolence she would at least get your name right.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I liked the couple towards the end - the black guy & white girl. I can't say too much about the guy because he's so young (18) & it would be creepy but I really liked him.
    I liked that couple too, although I thought it was obvious that they had not danced together for very long (they train at the same studio but are not competitive partners), and the judges said the opposite. He pulled faces throughout the song, which I found distracting but the judges didn't comment on it. I also thought he looked closer to 28 than 18, so I don't think it would be creepy to see him partner on the show.

And I also liked the girl from Utah with 11 siblings & the girl who was on her own since age 12. Although I also wondered who paid for her dance lessons.
    I was wondering the same thing about Own Her Own girl. Was it the 11 sibs girl who paid for her classes by making her own costumes and then also making costumes for others?

Last year was a really great season, so I want this one to be good, but I felt like that was the lamest opening audition night of all the seasons.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    BTW, I LOVED Jasmine's commercial. Good to see her getting work.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I was blown away by Trevor Bryce's dancing. His preview set him up to be a pretentious ass, but I think he might be nearly as good as he thinks he is. It was the standout of the night for me. Poor little grieving boy pales in comparison.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    It will be interesting to see if Trevor can excel in other than solo dances.
    I agree that "grieving boy" doesn't hold a candle to him.

on my couch awaitin' Figure Skating season
    vCash
    I liked the 2 ballroom boys. Agreed that that African American guy dancing with the girl from his studio did not look like they had enough time together but I think they both were decent. I would be pretty certain that he will make it to the top 20. The other Miami ballroom guy was good, too - quick. Not certain that any of the ballroom girls will make the cut. I just appreciate that they kept the really ridiculous, horrible dancers to a minimum. The overweight guy who teaches Zumba was pretty fun but not for this show and at least he could move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I watched some of it but then discovered the premier of "Big Ballet" on Ovation & decided to give it a try. It was interesting,a new concept to cast a ballet (Swan Lake) using plus size would be ballet dancers. Not a comedy btw.
    Off-topic, but this show sounds fantastic!! Thanks for mentioning it.

vCash
    I forgot about Big Ballet but I tape everything so I can watch them both. It looked like fun.

BTW, grieving boy was improved the 2nd time but I still wouldn't have put him through. I doubt he will survive the next round.

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I watched a short promo about "Big Ballet" on Facebook, and I was struck by how lovely some of the ladies were. No-they are not your typical ballerinas, but once in awhile a flash of pretty line or nice turnout was shown. Good for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    BTW, grieving boy was improved the 2nd time but I still wouldn't have put him through. I doubt he will survive the next round.
    I agree. on all counts.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast