Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook24 View Post
    I hope he realizes the end prize is a Mirror Ball Trophy. This is not the Presidential election...I repeat not the presidential election. Reasons why I don't care for James

I want MM to win SO SO bad, but I'm glad they aren't begging for votes. They focus on their dance and trust their fans to make the right decision. I really respect that they put themselves wholly into creating a story for themselves in the audience. They are truly about dance and the journey...
    ITA. I mean, it's not a huge deal or the end of the world if M&M don't win, but a mirrorball trophy would just be the icing on the cake that is and has been a wonderful journey for them. I think this has been a great experience for them because not only have they learned so many different styles, but now they know so many talented choreographers that could potentially choreograph for them in the future . I can't wait to see how some of these skills and techniques Charlie and Meryl have learned might translate to the ice!

vCash
    Looking at the videos is probably not going to be accurate because they don't post videos for everyone. What has been predicting the eliminees is the "What was your favorite dance?" post where they give pictures of all the dances and people like their favorite.

In general, a lot of likes and comments for a couple is a good thing though.

vCash
    So on Just Jared Jr Meryl, Maks, and Charlie left the studio together. Could we possibly see Charlie in their freestyle? That makes me soooo excited. It's also a very smart decision for Charlie fans and viewers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    This rumor should never have been repeated. It came from an anonymous troll on a very trashy gossip board called Lipstick Alley and is utterly ridiculous.
    How can you be so sure? Pretty much everything else about this show is scripted and managed by the producers, so it seems pretty plausible to me they start out with a notion of how they want the competition aspects to play out. I don't say this it is true, but don't see why the notion is "utterly ridiculous."

I've been wondering how much the judges' comment affect the voting. They seemed always to be nitpicking at Charlies dances and rarely giving him credit for the extra difficulty of what he was doing. I think if the producers had wanted Charlie in the finals, the judges would have treated him very differently.

I also think he should have cut off those curls. I know they are part of his skating persona and the curls were cute at 19, but IMO as his hair gets longer and longer, the cut is less attractive and less flattering for his features and gets to where it just looks silly on a man Charlie's age. He looks so much more masculine (and I think more handsome) with his usual summer hair cut. Plus it would have given folks a reason to talk about him (and a lot more fun topic than him whining over not getting 10s or needing to be consoled by his mother like a dweeb).

vCash
    I have always been a V/M uber, but have watched DWTS with great interest. I am blown away by M/M. Meryl's dancing is truly superb! I really hope she wins. In my mind she is far and away the best celebrity dancer this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    I have always been a V/M uber, but have watched DWTS with great interest. I am blown away by M/M. Meryl's dancing is truly superb! I really hope she wins. In my mind she is far and away the best celebrity dancer this season.
    Hi, girlscouse62 - Glad you've been watching M/M's dances. Chelsea Hightower, a former DWTS pro have a weekly blog, offering her review each week. On her week 9 review, Chelsea referred "Meryl is, in my opinion, the best dancer to have ever come on this show..." of all 18 seasons.
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...final-shocker/

I hope you vote for M/M the finale the next Monday, which will determine the winning couple on Tuesday.
    Last edited by mineko; 05-16-2014 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    rehearsal footage for the finale dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZuZbCecVVo&app=desktop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwoods View Post
    rehearsal footage for the finale dance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZuZbCecVVo&app=desktop
    Thanks for sharing!! Looks like new choreography for the Argentine Tango to me! I'm excited for this!

edit: Why isn't Meryl wearing heels, if it's the Argentine Tango?

vCash
    I think this was an interview and they're just showing off part of what they have so far. She's kind of dressed up so no need for dance shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer4life View Post
    Thanks for sharing!! Looks like new choreography for the Argentine Tango to me! I'm excited for this!

edit: Why isn't Meryl wearing heels, if it's the Argentine Tango?
    Maybe her toe is still hurting? According to Maks, Meryl sustained two toe injuries. One was during the time when she practiced A. Tango with Val (week 4). This was healed, but she got another toe injury during the Salsa week (week 7), and Erin mentioned that Meryl's toe was hurting during the week 8 episode.

vCash
    How can you be so sure? Pretty much everything else about this show is scripted and managed by the producers, so it seems pretty plausible to me they start out with a notion of how they want the competition aspects to play out. I don't say this it is true, but don't see why the notion is "utterly ridiculous."
    Because there are no correlating numbers at any of the usual places to support the idea that Charlie started way out ahead of the rest of the others, and the idea that he remained there until the past two weeks seems legitimately ridiculous to me. Charlie has lagged behind in all the indicators -- YouTube views, facebook likes (which have been right on all season), and so on. His tumblr tag is far less busy than Meryl's. The #DWTS tag is mostly filled with Team Jeta, Team MnM, and Derek/Amy tweets. I barely saw Charlie mentioned on facebook the past few weeks until the judges were mean to him. When I can see the view counts on interview videos, Charlie always has a much lower view count than several other contestants. For example, last week's Afterbuzz interviews have Meryl with 25K views and Charlie with about 3K. If Charlie really had so much support, I find it hard to believe that it would be so invisible compared to the other contestants'.

I don't think there was a conspiracy against him, I think it was a combination of vote splitting, being paired with a newer pro with a tiny fanbase, being picked at by the judges as all male ringers seem to be picked at by the judges, and having tough dance assignments (although Meryl's have been tougher -- she never got to do jazz or contemporary (twice) and had no more ballroom assignments than Charlie). I think it was a lot of things that caused him to go home early, and the most important one is he didn't connect with the larger audience. If the producers are guilty of anything I think it's seeing the writing on the wall, not putting him in the Bottom 3 where he should have been and letting the fans know he was in trouble and needed support, and using his elimination to generate a bunch of, in Charlie's words, contrived drama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexwoods View Post
    Oh good, it's new choreography.

I also saw a tweet from someone who interviewed him that their finale dances would be "stripped down." I hope that's the right strategy!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Oh good, it's new choreography.

I also saw a tweet from someone who interviewed him that their finale dances would be "stripped down." I hope that's the right strategy!
    I wonder if he meant literally or that the routines will be very raw, like with no props and mumbo jumbo.

vCash
    Here's the tweet:

Jason Nathanson ‏@ABCNewsJason 2h
    Chatting with @MaksimC and @Meryl_Davis about their #DWTS freestyle - he says it's gonna be stripped down http://twitpic.com/e3wt0q
    I wonder if he meant literally or that the routines will be very raw, like with no props and mumbo jumbo.
    Yeah, maybe. Stripped down worked out well for Kellie and Derek two seasons ago and it would allow them to put the focus on their chemistry which is one of the most popular things about their partnership. I can't imagine Maks doing straight up contemporary, though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook24 View Post
    So on Just Jared Jr Meryl, Maks, and Charlie left the studio together. Could we possibly see Charlie in their freestyle? That makes me soooo excited. It's also a very smart decision for Charlie fans and viewers.
    I wonder if Charlie is helping them choreograph their freestyle dance (especially the lifts). Charlie & Meryl's lifts are better than any of the lifts done by the professional dancers on the show.
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 05-16-2014 at 12:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    I wonder if Charlie is helping them choreograph their freestyle dance (especially the lifts). Charlie & Meryl's lifts are better than any of the lifts done by the professional dancers on the show.
    Ooooh, I hope you're right!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    "Stripped down" is good. Everybody was worried that it was going to be some huge production with lots of dancers from the troupe, which would just detract from the two of them.

The first clue it was ridiculous is that it was an anonymous person claiming to be a high-level DWTS employee who felt the need to post this shocking expose...to one of the silliest gossip boards out there. Anything that comes from a source like that should probably be ignored. The second is that there was this long list of claims that were so far-fetched and did not jibe with reality at all. If the producers were so intent on sabotaging Charlie from the beginning and getting him off the show ASAP, why did they even ask him to be on the show? And why would they still insist on getting him off the show if he was proving to be incredibly popular? And the judges "nitpicking" Charlie would not have convinced the audience to go from him being their favorite to them voting him off the show.

I think it's been mentioned above that one of the *real* producers of DWTS wrote a book that described in detail what goes on behind the scenes, and how things are and are not manipulated. The ABC Standards and Practices Department oversees every single decision made on the show to make sure that there is nothing that could be construed as a pattern of unfairness towards any contestant. They take it very seriously. A good example was how they oversaw Pamela Anderson's costumes. They wanted to make sure she was reasonably covered up so that she could neither play up the sexpot image for votes, nor suffer a backlash from voters for being too oversexed, so every single week they worked with her to make sure her costumes were the same as everybody else's.

We all know there are producers steering the ship, but I do not cynically say, "It's all rigged and I'll believe any anonymous person who claims it is." The source I believe is Charlie, who said he felt he was treated fairly and was given a fair chance to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by girlscouse62 View Post
    How unexpected and delightful! Thank you for posting. This is a good sign for M/M!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyMeteora View Post
    I think those rumors are pretty silly, but just to be clear and give credit where credit is due...or lack of credit...the rumors didn't come from Pure. They came from a completely separate DWTS gossip site and the source for this specific rumor claims to be a show employee. I mean, I don't believe it, but we might as well all be clear about the actual rumor we're rejecting.
    Thanks for the correction on the source. I take back what I said about Pure on that one specific point.

Seems like the gossip troll made a major mistake in claiming Charlie was leading in the official votes. She was probably unaware of both Facebookology and Bing when she made that claim, both of which 100% contradict her tale of who the most popular dancer has been this season. With a lot of gossip, there is often no way to begin to verify it. But when you veer into official voting numbers, Facebookology and Bing, as well as other indicators such as YouTube views and GMA flash polls, are somewhat analogous to polling in political elections and can accurately reflect the outcome of official voting.

The woman who has been studying Facebook likes and comments has done it for 2 years and has found it highly accurate in predicting the official voting and each week's elimination, including Charlie this week. This week she tweeted: "As for the season Meryl has been untouched."

So I would dismiss everything the gossiper said because on the one claim that Charlie led the voting, she is absolutely wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Here's the tweet:

Yeah, maybe. Stripped down worked out well for Kellie and Derek two seasons ago and it would allow them to put the focus on their chemistry which is one of the most popular things about their partnership. I can't imagine Maks doing straight up contemporary, though...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgPQRxXDQHg Maks and Erin did contemporary for their finale. Erin did a pretty good job for her abilities imo, but I think Meryl would do so much better. It's just that Erin and Maks are so similar in height that it makes the lifts look not as graceful to me.

I think (hope) that quote means Maks is doing contemporary and putting the focus on their connection, because I wouldn't describe a high energy acrobatic routine or anything else as "stripped down". I doubt he meant literally "strip down" unless they do one of those rip off an outer costume transformations because Meryl doesn't need gimmicks like that. I think contemporary is a good move if that's what it's going to be - she's the only contestant who hasn't done straight up contemporary, she has such gorgeous lines, and it's a chance for her to work on and show off pointed feet.

I really hope Charlie was there to help with lifts!! I mean, even Charlie's lifts with Candace looked pretty good because Charlie sure does know how to lift well

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast