Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    This one works. http://www.accesshollywood.com/carri..._video_2163937
    And it looks like Carrie Ann is also a Meryl/Maks shipper... at 2 minutes in, she says she thinks they should get married

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer4life View Post
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/carri..._video_2163937

haha looks like Carrie Ann is a big time Meryl and Maks shipper.
    Thanx this one work just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by operagirl View Post
    Since Meryl & Charlie have signed for two specials on ABC, I'm sure dancing will play a part in it.
    If so, I want to see the two of them dance together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell411 View Post
    I know we're all DWTS crazy, but has anyone seen any of the recent SOI shows?
    Anaheim and San Jose, CA reports and videos are posted in the U.S. SOI thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4260077
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Do you know where I can find this pic?
    Here:
    http://lovingvaldaya.tumblr.com/post...on-ice-tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Oh, I didn't realize that was Maks' mom! Whatever their relationship is, I'm glad Maks has been supporting Meryl at Stars on Ice. I really think it's those little extra outside of DWTS events than make a partnership that much stronger and more special.

vCash

Thanx for posting link! This is great!

vCash
    Has it been officially announced who's doing which dances yet? I mean, other than the freestyle and the switch-up dance style do-over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by centerstage01 View Post
    Has it been officially announced who's doing which dances yet? I mean, other than the freestyle and the switch-up dance style do-over.
    Do we know yet whether the switch up dance is a do-over of the exact same dance with original partners or just a dance in the same style?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    This one works. http://www.accesshollywood.com/carri..._video_2163937
    And it looks like Carrie Ann is also a Meryl/Maks shipper... at 2 minutes in, she says she thinks they should get married

I think the have something very special. They should explore this to see what develop from it.

vCash
    Do we know yet whether the switch up dance is a do-over of the exact same dance with original partners or just a dance in the same style?
    If it's like it was in past seasons, they'll most likely do the same dance style but with new music & choreography.

vCash
    Holy heck!! Just checked Facebook and Meryl and Maks' Jive video has 71.1k likes!!! They are killing it in popularity. Although it's a small portion, I would say 5 million is a pretty accurate pool. Something will make me go "hmmm" if they don't win

vCash
    I'm seeing 9,700 likes for the jive, but I think word may have gotten out about FB-ology because there are a lot more total likes than there were in previous weeks. It's probably not so accurate anymore. However, the rankings haven't changed for weeks and weeks, so they probably weren't going to change this week anyway.

You'll notice that each couple got the most "likes" on the dance whose picture is first. I have a hard time believing that people were way more in love with that jive than with the VW (5,700 likes), so it's more like people are just giving a like for the first picture they saw of M&M rather than the actual dance. It's a good sign that people just like them in general, and it takes a little pressure off of Maks' freestyle needing to be the most amazing freestyle ever freestyled. People made up their minds weeks ago and I think they'll stick with it unless the freestyle is really bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by belladashwood View Post
    If it's like it was in past seasons, they'll most likely do the same dance style but with new music & choreography.
    Oh, I hope that's the case. I mean, I love Val and Meryl's Argentine Tango, but I would love to see a different dance. Besides, since Len critiqued that Val's choreography was a little too staccato last time (probably due to the song), this would be a good chance to show off a slower, more sensual Argentine Tango which are Maks' specialty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook24 View Post
    Holy heck!! Just checked Facebook and Meryl and Maks' Jive video has 71.1k likes!!! They are killing it in popularity. Although it's a small portion, I would say 5 million is a pretty accurate pool. Something will make me go "hmmm" if they don't win

It's nice to see so many supportive messages for them there. I'm also happy to see many Charlie wuzrobbed posts too.

vCash
    I'm seeing 9,700 likes for the jive, but I think word may have gotten out about FB-ology because there are a lot more total likes than there were in previous weeks.
    I think Brook was talking about the likes on their jive video. It has 71k likes. In comparison, James's cha cha video has 30k.

That's interesting about the total likes going up, though. You're probably right that a lot of the fanbases are more attuned to it all the sudden because Kristyn Burtt has brought it to prominence.

vCash
    I'm seeing 9,700 likes for the jive, but I think word may have gotten out about FB-ology because there are a lot more total likes than there were in previous weeks. It's probably not so accurate anymore. However, the rankings haven't changed for weeks and weeks, so they probably weren't going to change this week anyway.

You'll notice that each couple got the most "likes" on the dance whose picture is first. I have a hard time believing that people were way more in love with that jive than with the VW (5,700 likes), so it's more like people are just giving a like for the first picture they saw of M&M rather than the actual dance. It's a good sign that people just like them in general, and it takes a little pressure off of Maks' freestyle needing to be the most amazing freestyle ever freestyled. People made up their minds weeks ago and I think they'll stick with it unless the freestyle is really bad.

I definitely agree that a lot more people are aware of Facebookology now---but each fan base knows more about it. So it may distort the accuracy a little, but I don't think much. And although the Jive has more likes because it's the first pic, BOTH MM pics have the highest total number of likes. The 5,700 for their VW is still higher than any other couples dances for that night.

I'm really hoping Maks and Meryl nail their dances because whoever goes home Monday that fan base will most likely be up in the air. So MM really need to impress those fans as well.

Wait and I'm reading that team Jeta is "bribing" fans to vote-- 500 votes gets a follow from James, 2500 gets a signed autograph. Really though....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    I think Brook was talking about the likes on their jive video. It has 71k likes. In comparison, James's cha cha video has 30k.

That's interesting about the total likes going up, though. You're probably right that a lot of the fanbases are more attuned to it all the sudden because Kristyn Burtt has brought it to prominence.
    Meryl and Val's Argentine Tango video back in week 4 had around 69,208 likes, and then a photo of Meryl and Maks after their foxtrot was around 71,000 likes as well. So I don't know if it's necessarily that the total number of likes is going up. I think for the switch up week especially, Meryl and Val got a lot of likes because it was so clear that their switch up pairing was the most successful - there was really no contest for "best dance of the week". It could be now that people are just feeling really strongly right now about their favorites and liking photos being so close to the finals (solidifying preferences and whatnot). I don't know if the "average DWTS viewer" is that acutely aware of fb-ology and predictions, but I agree that the Facebook-ology is probably gaining more recognition and traction overall.
    Last edited by dancer4life; 05-16-2014 at 04:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook24 View Post
    Wait and I'm reading that team Jeta is "bribing" fans to vote-- 500 votes gets a follow from James, 2500 gets a signed autograph. Really though....
    I saw on tumblr that he was sending out "personalized" (you know, basically just an email template putting the name on the email) emails asking for fans to vote, but if that's true, that's a whole other level. I guess that really motivates people to vote, but I think it destroys the spirit of the voting process a little too much past fervor.

vCash
    I saw on tumblr that he was sending out "personalized" (you know, basically just an email template putting the name on the email) emails asking for fans to vote, but if that's true, that's a whole other level. I guess that really motivates people to vote, but I think it destroys the spirit of the voting process a little too much past fervor.
    I hope he realizes the end prize is a Mirror Ball Trophy. This is not the Presidential election...I repeat not the presidential election. Reasons why I don't care for James

I want MM to win SO SO bad, but I'm glad they aren't begging for votes. They focus on their dance and trust their fans to make the right decision. I really respect that they put themselves wholly into creating a story for themselves in the audience. They are truly about dance and the journey...

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast