Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mackiecat View Post
    I would love suggestions, what to do, where to stay
    L.A. being L.A., you should consider investing in a guide book, particularly one that has sections on Orange County and Long Beach. The Time Out and Rough Guide series are usually very helpful.

The listings sections of the L.A. Weekily and the Sunday edition of the Los Angeles Times are invaluable for finding out what's going on in L.A. and down into the Long Beach and Orange County areas. These publications do have much of their information on line, but I find the websites very cumbersome. Give me newsprint.... *sigh*

vCash
    Got my schedule a bit more organized. We are staying at the residence inn long beach, which I got a group rate at. Her exam is on Tuesday, so we are staying in the long beach area a bit longer. The Disneyland tickets we're buy 3 days get one free, so I have 4 days. Thinking of doing disney on Sunday. There is a tour called your first trip to Disneyland that I think we will do .it only cost 25. Monday will be a restful beach day...I want something close to long beach. After her exam on Tuesday, we will either do more beach time or make our way to Anaheim.
    Anaheim411 looks like a good tour that includes warner brothers studio. Would that be ok on a Saturday or should we do it on a Friday?

vCash
    I'm not sure why so many people are telling you 3 days at the Disneyland resort is too much when you're an admitted Disney freak and you'll be there during the summer months when the lines are packed. 3 days is absolutely ideal for you, unless you're the type who enjoys rushing around and not enjoying a darn thing. I find Universal to be a big waste of time but it seems like it's just me. I'd Knott's before Universal any day.

vCash
    I am concerned about the lines but I have been reading as many blogs about Disneyland as I can so I can maximize our time there. We just did universal in Orlando this feb., so we are going to skip it and do a just studio tour

vCash
    Yes, if you've done Universal in Orlando this year then there's no need to make the drive up to Universal City for the inferior LA version.

I'm sure you've researched the heck out of your trip but it can never be stressed enough that the fast passes you might want to consider for California Adventure are Radiator Springs Racers, Grizzly River Run and Toy Story Midway Mania. Those are usually 60 minute + waits at any time of the day. Soarin is hit or miss. I've seen the standby line anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes but the single rider lines can get you on in under 10 minutes. <-- Ditto for California Screamin'.

For Disneyland, I'd put Indiana Jones at the top of the fast pass list. It's always a long line and they open and close the single riders on a whim so you never know if they'll be an option. Splash Mountain, Star Tours and Peter Pan are also notoriously long waits. I almost always get a fast pass for Peter Pan because the people I go with insist on it and it would drive me nut to wait 45 minutes for a 1 minute ride.
    The biggest bummer about Disneyland is that unlike Disneyworld, you can't yet reserve your fast pass selections online. Maybe one day.

vCash
    we did disney with four kids in 4 days - my tip is you want to do radiator springs car ride GO FIRST thing and get the fast passes- the line for fast passes starts when the park opens ... (and people get inearly with hotel access) they are usually ALL gone by like 11 am.... it was crazy!!!!
    disney rocks- my kids went twice last year and still ask to go again!!
    have fun!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123