vCash

TSN (Canada) to expand - more skating coverage?

TSN (The Sports Network) in Canada already has 2 feeds, TSN and TSN2. They recently announced the planned roll-out of TSN3, 4 & 5 this fall if approved.

The timing seems a bit strange as they have just lost their contract for most NHL Hockey games, the mainstay of Canadian sports television. The article in last week's Winnipeg Free Press indicates the channels will automatically be available to those who currently have TSN (of course the individual cable companies may have something to say about that.) It also says this will give them the opportunity for more complete coverage of events, specifically mentioning the possibility of offering more than one game on the same draw at curling events. Hopefully it would also mean more complete coverage of Skate Canada International and the Canadian Skating Championships. Got my fingers crossed.

vCash
    Yes!

Hopefully, we get more of RDS too. Where I live, I get RDS but not RDS2 (which often shows Skate Canada and Canadians).

vCash
    Could some kind Canadian contact them, ask what their broadcast plans are; and encourage them to include more skating?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Could some kind Canadian contact them, ask what their broadcast plans are; and encourage them to include more skating?
    Right now, they only have the contracts for Skate Canada and Canadians. The CBC has the rest.

vCash
    What I'm hoping for (at least) is that one of the new TSN channels broadcasts all the flights from Canadians. Probably too much to ask. Sigh.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Since TSN broadcasts sports like darts, pool, and lawnmover racing, I'm not holding out too much hope that skating is going to magically move up their list of broadcast priorities.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    lawnmover racing
    lol wut??

vCash
    Lawnmower racing. (sorry, misspelled it in my post)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfazinry0Y8

It's got a governing body in the US:
    http://www.letsmow.com/
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Canadian Tire is still a sponsor of Skate Canada, right? Not sure if this new Canadian Tire / TSN partnership will result in any more skating.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/canad...ship-1.1838610

Canadian Tire Corp. (TSX:CTC) has signed a multi-year deal with TSN (TSX:BCE) that will see the sports broadcaster develop and produce content for the retailer's advertising.

The partnership covers all of the Canadian Tire banners, including Sport Chek, Mark's and Sports Experts.

TSN will develop and produce content for Canadian Tire's traditional and digital flyers, social media and online advertising and in-store advertising.

vCash
    Since Canadian Tire sells lawnmowers, perhaps we will now see skaters in lawnmower races. That should reach all of TSN's demographics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Lawnmower racing. (sorry, misspelled it in my post)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfazinry0Y8

It's got a governing body in the US:
    http://www.letsmow.com/

Looks like more fun than lawn bowling, anyway.