vCash

Getting Rid of My VHS and S-VHS Videotape Collection - Los Angeles Area

Hi there,

Over the years, I have taped just about every US Nationals, Europeans and Worlds, plus other amateur competitions since 1982, and I'm ready to get rid of the tapes I have from 1982-1999 as I need to move on with my life. So, if anyone who lives in the Los Angeles are interested in these, please send me a private message. Otherwise, they're going to go into the dumpsters.

Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Axel1996 View Post
    Hi there,

Over the years, I have taped just about every US Nationals, Europeans and Worlds, plus other amateur competitions since 1982, and I'm ready to get rid of the tapes I have from 1982-1999 as I need to move on with my life. So, if anyone who lives in the Los Angeles are interested in these, please send me a private message. Otherwise, they're going to go into the dumpsters.

Thanks.
    You have such an incredible collection and we're so lucky you've put so much on YouTube. Thank you!
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    I would also like to thank you for all those videos on YT.

vCash
    A huge thanks, 3Axel1996! So thankful for all of the work that you do.

vCash
    My thanks as well for all you have done - you've been a blessing for skating fans.

vCash
    Hi there,

Thanks.
    Same here in Chicago, but main collection is of every episode of "Doctor Who" and "Blake's 7!" Most of figure skating is of Surya Bonaly era; '94-'98, then continued with Evgeni Pluskenko this year!

vCash
    Dumpsters!? I sure hope not

You have been amazing for fans, I cannot thank you enough. I wish I lived in LA, let alone the United States

vCash
    Gracious for all the thank you's! Unfortunately, it looks like they will have to go into the dumpsters as no one locally is requesting them, and they're just too costly to ship out of town.

vCash
    Gracious for all the thank you's! Unfortunately, it looks like they will have to go into the dumpsters as no one locally is requesting them, and they're just too costly to ship out of town.
    Did you try posting on craigslist?

vCash
    Have you tried writing to the USFSA? I'm sure they'd be interested in such a big collection. the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame would be very interested I'm sure! Maybe they would take them?

vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Videotapes can be shipped via the Postal Service as Media Mail, which is a real bargain. Media Mail moves at the same speed as Parcel Post; it's pretty slow if much distance is involved. You can send 20 lb. across the country for $11.55, or 40 lb. for $20.75. Media Mail can go up to 70 lb. ($34.55), but tapes are bulky and 70 pounds' worth would probably exceed the USPS size limit, which is 108" in length + girth. Length is the longest dimension; girth is measured around what might be considered the waist of the box (all the way around the other two dimensions).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    A huge thanks, 3Axel1996! So thankful for all of the work that you do.
    Adding to this, my friend!

vCash
    Thanks for all of the Youtube videos!