Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The new thread title inspired me to take a trip down the family culinary memory lane and bake my Mom's Happy Day Cake with lemon glaze. My tastebuds are very happy (my waistline, not so much!!)

vCash
    wetpaint is behind on the rumors...they're wondering if Meryl and Jeremy Abbott are an item

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    wetpaint is behind on the rumors...they're wondering if Meryl and Jeremy Abbott are an item
    Never heard of wetpaint, but I've got a better shot at Jeremy Abbott than Meryl does.

vCash
    That article makes Meryl's parents, and everybody who loves her, look like they've failed in all of their attempts to say positive or glowing things about her.

vCash
    "She's one of the best human beings I've ever met." high praise indeed. Charlie seems like he's selling her short now, saying she's ONLY "an amazing dancer and an amazing person."

vCash
    I've now read the article 3 times. Dang. It doesn't get old.

vCash
    Even their shadows are beautiful! Even if it's just on the show circuit, I really hope we'll get to see new programs out of Meryl and Charlie. They're really growing in their artistry
    That happens a lot with skaters. After they are done competing, we see these amazingly creative performances. But, that is because they are not confined by rules and requirements. And they are working with show choreographers.

I read the article, it's very nice, but let's understand it's PR.

vCash
    I read the article, it's very nice, but let's understand it's PR.
    Thank you for the reality check! I needed it!

vCash
    "She's one of the best human beings I've ever met." high praise indeed.
    Mak's has a lot of built-in respect for Meryl is an Olympic Gold Medalist figure skater. Figure skating is a bigger deal where Maks grew up, and I'm sure the Russian ballroom world keeps track of skaters in general; in particular ice dancers. Maks probably puts Meryl on an equal footing as an Olympic ballroom champion - if such a thing existed.

vCash
    So would I.
    However, why should we gossip about it?

vCash
    Scott Hamilton visits C/M at rehearsal. I feel like he might be part of the 2nd video packages for both (always about family or something else):

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2014/05/0...t-dwts-studio/

vCash
    Oh God this is why I hate shomances (real or imagined). They take over everything and people get so consumed. This happened with the V&M fandom 4 years ago and I ran from that >.< Thank God DWTS is almost over!
    Last edited by tarotx; 05-09-2014 at 09:45 PM.

vCash
    Whether or not M&M are a "thing" remains unknown, but he sure respects and appreciates her.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/05/09/74876590/

I love that we're getting so many lovely articles and videos about Meryl and Charlie, and little insights into their personalities and what it must have been like training together for so many years. They obviously have incredible work ethics, and both have such great attitudes; it's easy now to understand how they were able to stay together for 17 years. They just fit.
    "I'm a big, intimidating figure. I can only compare myself to a tiger in a zoo. ... Nobody in their right mind would ever want to pet a tiger. She's the type that walks right up and pats him on the head, and the tiger is so confused he has no idea what just happened. This is literally me."
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I guess it's me being overly squeamish, but I find much of the speculation about Meryl & Maks makes me queasy. It seems overly invasive speculation -- but that's how I feel about "public figures" having a right to a private life without the whole world prying into "what's really going on." I am enjoying their dancing and their playful, affectionate interactions as shown on DWTS. I don't really need -- or want -- anything more. I realize that many feel otherwise.
    This!

I'm not squeamish.
    I just don't enjoy "gossip" about someone's private life.
    Being well-known doesn't make it "okay", IMO.

vCash
    After the show is over they can shake hands and walk away friends or go make beautiful babies together, I don't care...just get that trophy. Or have Charlie win the trophy. Just as long as the season ends with either Meryl or Charlie winning that cheesy mirrorball!

vCash
    I've said it before in this thread, I'm not in favor of telling anyone here what they should and shouldn't talk about. There are plenty of topics that don't interest me, I just skip past them.

Mak's has a lot of built-in respect for Meryl is an Olympic Gold Medalist figure skater. Figure skating is a bigger deal where Maks grew up, and I'm sure the Russian ballroom world keeps track of skaters in general; in particular ice dancers.
    I read an old article, I think it was in Time Magazine after the 2010 Olympics where Tony Dovolani was commenting on Virtue & Moir's performance and why they won. It was basically an article comparing the resurgence of ice dance and ballroom dance (due to DWTS). I'm pretty sure most if not all of the pros follow ice dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trocoloca View Post
    Thank you for the reality check! I needed it!
    LOL! You're welcome

vCash
    Anyone know how to bypass the block on this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te21adNhctY hola isn't working for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by teacakes View Post
    Anyone know how to bypass the block on this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te21adNhctY hola isn't working for some reason.
    A lovely person put the link on tumblr for us non-US folks - here's the youtube link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=tw...dg&app=desktop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    I read an old article, I think it was in Time Magazine after the 2010 Olympics where Tony Dovolani was commenting on Virtue & Moir's performance and why they won. It was basically an article comparing the resurgence of ice dance and ballroom dance (due to DWTS). I'm pretty sure most if not all of the pros follow ice dance.
    Tony's partner (and Maks's old partner) ended up helping Meryl and Charlie out with their samba/rumba choreography two years later, and Corky Ballas works with the Shibutanis IIRC. And of course Meryl and Charlie hired Derek Hough this past season. I guess there is probably a fair amount of back and forth between ballroom and ice dance. I bet a lot of teams will be hiring latin ballroom pros to consult on their paso doble SDs, especially with those required "creative steps" in lieu of a second pattern.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast