Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Maks has dated his partners on the show before, specifically Willa and Erin, so he doesn't have a rule against it. (In his professional dance studio, that would be different.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofskate View Post
    And yet we have examples of artists (in every field) taking said Connection of mind, soul, and passion for their art to a romantic relationship. Some worked out, others have not. The figure skating world has its share of coupling and de-coupling (of the good and bad variety). Having said that, I think Meryl is smart enough not to date her friend/teacher/partner/mentor during the show... but it doesn't mean she can't enjoy (flirtatious/playful/touchy/feely) being with/around him on-off camera. I believe Meryl when she said they have an amazing friendship. I think it's pretty obvious there is a tremendous amount of like in there but they choose not to take it any further at this time. IMO. But when Meryl "quits to be a student..." who knows? Watch for what Maks says here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvpTimmAAWY
    That vid was hilarious.

vCash
    OMG, I am dying laughing watching that video!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer4life View Post
    (Maks has been a pro for 14 seasons, so he's past all of the 'paying his dues' and many fans of Maks have been saying 'it's time') while Derek has won like 5 times? And this would be his 3rd in a row? Yeah. I wouldn't blame any of the pros for being a little frustrated that Derek is far and away the pro who has won the most times if he wins again tbh (although I love Derek! He is an amazing choreographer and dancer, but I think it is a little unfair to the pros on this show, especially a pro who has dedicated years to the show, who have never won whereas other pros have won multiple times)
    Considering the looks on the faces in the "fishbowl" of the other pros and stars when Derek and whoever beat Val and Zendaya, I REALLY think most pros are completely over Derek winning. It took Tony forever and what was basically a setup (All-Stars) to get a MBT, so hopefully this is Maks's turn.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Maks has dated his partners on the show before, specifically Willa and Erin, so he doesn't have a rule against it. (In his professional dance studio, that would be different.)
    Maybe, maybe not. Franchises often have strict-to-the-point-of-unenforceable no-frat rules, while some studios take the position "You're all adults." My old studio, the owner (my pro's) policy was "You're all adults, I'm not going to tell you what to do, but if a pro's private life costs the studio a student the revenue's coming out of his/her paycheck." He didn't think it was necessarily smart but recognized you can't control things like that.

vCash
    Whether or not M&M are a "thing" remains unknown, but he sure respects and appreciates her.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/05/09/74876590/

I love that we're getting so many lovely articles and videos about Meryl and Charlie, and little insights into their personalities and what it must have been like training together for so many years. They obviously have incredible work ethics, and both have such great attitudes; it's easy now to understand how they were able to stay together for 17 years. They just fit.

vCash
    Wow, that article was amazing.

vCash
    That article! Boy oh boy...

"The amount of physical activity that Meryl has endured has been so overwhelming that it makes anything that I'd say that may sound remotely like a complaint absolutely ridiculous," Chmerkovskiy said. "She has been incredible."
    "She doesn't say when something hurts," he noted. "She's the best partner I had. She's one of the best human beings I've ever met. I have absolutely nothing but praise and admiration for her."
    "All of the little things are very hard," he continued. "The way Meryl overcomes them, not just the way she overcomes them, but the way she makes me overcome them. She's the only person that comes up and in midst of all this…and pats me on my shoulder and says, 'You have to relax. It will be OK.'

"I'm a big, intimidating figure. I can only compare myself to a tiger in a zoo. ... Nobody in their right mind would ever want to pet a tiger. She's the type that walks right up and pats him on the head, and the tiger is so confused he has no idea what just happened. This is literally me."
    "With Meryl, I'm opening up and I'm speaking because she's that real and she deserves me differently than the way I was on Dancing with the Stars before," he said.
    "I'm dreading that the show is almost over, whether we make the finale or not, because I won't get to dance with Meryl," he added. "If the show was 20 weeks, I would gladly accept it and continue experiencing this with such an incredible person."
    I think he kind of likes her. Just a little bit.

vCash
    The reason why I asked is I was wondering whether she tweeted her official verdict for the week. Because it's specifically her prediction that has been accurate, including her "psychic" interpretation of the data. And the last tweet of hers that I saw said Charlie was "far behind".
    No, she hasn't tweeted that yet. I've been waiting for it, and am wondering why she's been so quiet. Maybe she's upset about the backlash/comments Amy is getting on Facebook so has stayed away from there? (She's a Derek fan.)

While her "prediction" is based on the entire page, she has said the pictures (and likes) are most telling. I don't think she's ever claimed she's "psychic" .... just that she looks at a lot of things -- to get an idea of why people vote the way they do, and, I'm guessing, to see if there are things to counter a large vote (ie, Peta's lingerie being the reason for a lot of "likes" and not necessarily because people loved their dancing or plan to vote for them; that's kind of common sense).

She did say Charlie was far behind on facebook but I think his lead in the judge's scores will be enough to make him safe. I think Candace or James will be the one to go. At any rate, Bing is saying Charlie will be safe this week.
    Last edited by Marlie fan; 05-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.

vCash
    "I'm dreading that the show is almost over, whether we make the finale or not, because I won't get to dance with Meryl," he added. "If the show was 20 weeks, I would gladly accept it and continue experiencing this with such an incredible person."
    Dude, you still can! Just not on TV! (OK, I'm seriously out of my mind talking back to an article)

vCash
    I don't think she's ever claimed she's "psychic" .... just that she looks at a lot of things -- to get an idea of why people vote the way they do, and, I'm guessing, to see if there are things to counter a large vote
    She joked about the "psychic" thing on twitter- just explaining that she doesn't have any specific formula, she just reads all the clues together with her own interpretation.

This week will be an interesting test of the various predictors. On Facebook, Charlie has the least number of "likes" for his dance - 2,000 versus 2,900 for Candace and 3,700 for James. And there are no comments about him anywhere, which indicates that he's just not on people's radar. (The Meryl & Maks fans basically hijack every single post with thousands of pro-M&M comments.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniwren12 View Post
    Whether or not M&M are a "thing" remains unknown, but he sure respects and appreciates her.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2014/05/09/74876590/
    Wow. I think that if they haven't yet plunged into a real romance, they will soon after the show. I also read the posts of that shipper on tumbler, and her accounts about how lovey-dovey these two were when the cameras were off sound pretty real to me.

I was upset to read that poor Meryl got another toe injury! Maybe that helps explain some of her choices in shoes (or lack of) in recent dances.

vCash

This week will be an interesting test of the various predictors. On Facebook, Charlie has the least number of "likes" for his dance - 2,000 versus 2,900 for Candace and 3,700 for James. And there are no comments about him anywhere, which indicates that he's just not on people's radar. (The Meryl & Maks fans basically hijack every single post with thousands of pro-M&M comments.)
    The thing is, I think Meryl got a huge boatload of votes this week, maybe the most she and Maks have ever gotten. ALM's low scoring only spurred people to vote more for M&M. And Maks talking back to ALM probably made the two even more popular. So, if that's true, then the official vote total might have been very big this week, making the percentage differential between Charlie, James, and Candace even smaller. Which would then make the judge's scores the tipping factor in Charlie's favor. It's just a theory, and Bing claiming Charlie will not be eliminated on Monday would tend to confirm that.

As far as M&M fans hijacking the comments on facebook, I believe that's just an indication of just how popular they are this season. They must be killing it in the official voting. Conversely, it seems Charlie/Sharna are just not resonating with viewers, and I'm not sure why.

vCash
    Wow, well if you're trying to squash rumors of a romance, interviews like that aren't the way to do it.

I think Meryl and Maks will be fine. Everything I've seen from Facebook to the Bing statistics suggest that the low scores won't effect them at all. Although I won't be surprised if they're in "jeopardy" and are the last to be called safe, just for the drama.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if they had both Meryl and Charlie in "jeopardy," for the drama.

vCash
    I think Meryl and Maks will be fine. Everything I've seen from Facebook to the Bing statistics suggest that the low scores won't effect them at all. Although I won't be surprised if they're in "jeopardy" and are the last to be called safe, just for the drama.
    They will definitely be in jeopardy. There is no way TPTB are going to pass up that drama. I expect they will announce ominously several times that M&M "are at the bottom of the leaderboard".

Also, DWTS superfans know that being "in jeopardy" is basically meaningless and doesn't reflect where people actually stand in terms of votes, but most viewers don't know that. If Meryl isn't in jeopardy this week, it would be like announcing that she's running away with the votes, and it's not a great idea to ruin the suspense right before the finale.

vCash
    http://theicedancekingdom.tumblr.com...rs-on-ice-2014

The first picture in this set is stunning, and I think demonstrates how Meryl and Charlie have grown as dancers through this experience.

vCash
    All those pictures are stunning but that first one is a work of art! Look at her fingers and his lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    http://theicedancekingdom.tumblr.com...rs-on-ice-2014

The first picture in this set is stunning, and I think demonstrates how Meryl and Charlie have grown as dancers through this experience.
    Even their shadows are beautiful! Even if it's just on the show circuit, I really hope we'll get to see new programs out of Meryl and Charlie. They're really growing in their artistry

vCash
    That article.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast