Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's so funny that M&M have millions of people wondering whether there is or isn't real romance there. It is good for their popularity on the show, so they are wise not to confirm or deny it. Just keep them dreaming or guessing.

Perhaps only Charlie, Sharna, and M&M's very closest friends and family know for sure.

If I had to guess, I would say no, not now. But I think there has at least been a lot of mutual attraction in their partnership, and they could pursue something more romantic in the near future once the show ends. If not, they will likely stay good friends at least.

vCash
    In regards to Maks and Meryl...

I went on Tumblr (now that's an experience) and there's a recap from someone who attended the show and she basically said that whatever is going on between Maks and Meryl isn't just for the show, because there are things they won't do when the cameras are on. They were holding hands and being very intimate but would stop when the show came back from commercial and would go back to the more playful hugging and cuddling. Also, at one point Maks took Meryl (while holding hands) over to his Grandmother and the two spent some time talking with her. They apparently never left each others' side, wherever one went the other was right there and they were always disappearing together, and apparently they were the only couple who did this. So who knows?

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Absolutely nothing!
    However, why imply that they might be involved outside the show, when we don't know whether it is true?
    It's implied by their behavior and comments. Why imply that it is NOT true when that's not what they're projecting, and they have never said "we're strictly platonic"? I think, as jessiebanana said, that they are sweet on each other but are too busy to act on it, plus they are just now getting to know each other. All of this is playing out in front of our eyes. It's exciting to watch. In any case, I hardly think they are going to base their relationship or lack thereof on message board comments. So who cares.

vCash
    Fedor has been with a few ice dancers. It seems that each time he splits with one, they loose favor with his mother. So, if Meryl and Fedor split, that could explain why Marina is staying out of this. By the same token, this has nothing to do with Marina, and maybe she figures it's not worth her input. Skating coaches can be snobby about their sport, maybe she thinks DWTS is not up to her standards.

As for Meryl and Maks, it sure does come across as more than friendship. And it may be. But, they have no obligation to explain their relationship to anyone. And, just like ice dancing partners, sometimes when you are partnering for competition, it's best to keep it out of the bedroom. After they are done, who knows. I do think that Maks comes across as much more likable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Why not? I'd be happy for them.
    I guess it's me being overly squeamish, but I find much of the speculation about Meryl & Maks makes me queasy. It seems overly invasive speculation -- but that's how I feel about "public figures" having a right to a private life without the whole world prying into "what's really going on." I am enjoying their dancing and their playful, affectionate interactions as shown on DWTS. I don't really need -- or want -- anything more. I realize that many feel otherwise.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
    Marlie, do you have a link to the Facebookology thing?
    No. Facebookology isn't anything formal. It's just @KristinHope2 observing patterns at the official DWTS facebook page over the last 4 seasons. As I said, I'm not sure of her exact methodology, but looking at indicators that she has mentioned she uses, it looks like James and Danica might not be getting enough fan votes to overcome Charlies' edge in the judges scores this week. And Bing also predicts Charlie to make it to finals. So this week, it appears the judges saved him because Charlie is not pulling in the viewer votes.

ETA: If you read @KristinHope2's tweets over the last month or so, that's where you can get a better idea of how she goes about predicting each week's elimination.
    Last edited by Marlie fan; 05-09-2014 at 04:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    In regards to Maks and Meryl...

I went on Tumblr (now that's an experience) and there's a recap from someone who attended the show and she basically said that whatever is going on between Maks and Meryl isn't just for the show, because there are things they won't do when the cameras are on. They were holding hands and being very intimate but would stop when the show came back from commercial and would go back to the more playful hugging and cuddling. Also, at one point Maks took Meryl (while holding hands) over to his Grandmother and the two spent some time talking with her. They apparently never left each others' side, wherever one went the other was right there and they were always disappearing together, and apparently they were the only couple who did this. So who knows?
    Would you happen to have the link??

vCash
    I think this is her list (http://confessions-ofadancer.tumblr.com/) - her site is kind of addicting (I'm ashamed of myself):

EDITED:
    Took out the stuff listed. You can go to the site if you want to see it.
    Last edited by trocoloca; 05-09-2014 at 04:44 PM.

vCash
    Tumbrl is full of crazy shippers you can just google Meryl Chmerkovskiy and you will get a lot.

If they both make it to the final Ihope they will invite Tessa and Scott

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    I guess it's me being overly squeamish, but I find much of the speculation about Meryl & Maks makes me queasy. It seems overly invasive speculation -- but that's how I feel about "public figures" having a right to a private life without the whole world prying into "what's really going on." I am enjoying their dancing and their playful, affectionate interactions as shown on DWTS. I don't really need -- or want -- anything more. I realize that many feel otherwise.
    I don't like when paparazzi or people stalk public figures. I think they are entitled to personal lives, but speculation doesn't seem invasive to me. Especially when it's based off of material the public figures consisted to present. I think it weird when people share their enthusiasm with these figures via social media. It's like you would never say that to someone in real life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trocoloca View Post
    I think this is her list (http://confessions-ofadancer.tumblr.com/) - her site is kind of addicting (I'm ashamed of myself):

Meryl and Maks Off Camera Moments!! <3
    Whole long laundry list of M&M minutiae.
    That is exactly the sort of thing that I find a bit disturbing in its rather obsessive attention to the slightest detail between Meryl & Maks. It creeps me out a bit and I feel sorry that they are subjected to such microscopic inspection of their every movement.
    Lady 2: there isn't anything about me on goooogle, I mean, I must take it off if there is.....
    Lady 3: The google is a terrible thing, I mean I don't want anything on there! (Overheard by millyskate on a London train.)

vCash
    Those are all teenagers on that site. They can't help themselves.

Anyone get any info yet on songs? I'm still perplexed by the cowboy boots Maks had on yesterday.

vCash
    Well, I'm a musician and I have had some very exciting and passionate connections with people I have worked with. It's like working together awakens creativity and expression. It feels to me like that is what is happening with Meryl and Maks. It does not necessarily carry over to a romantic or sexual relationship. As a matter of fact, you avoid taking it there for fear that it will compromise the beautiful bliss that you are experiencing while working your craft together. It's a completely unique type of love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trocoloca View Post
    Anyone get any info yet on songs? I'm still perplexed by the cowboy boots Maks had on yesterday.
    Boots for the jive? Country western music?

or boots for the Viennese waltz? ala Captain Von Trapp and Maria in Sound of Music?

moving right along
    vCash
    Team USA interview with Charlie - shows Sharna and Charlie practicing for the semifinals.

vCash
    Boots are heavy- that will make jive really hard.
    And boots don't allow for rise and fall- that will make VW really hard.

There is a reason Texas Two Step is mostly shuffling your feet. Dancing in boots is incredibly different from other shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefeury1 View Post
    Well, I'm a musician and I have had some very exciting and passionate connections with people I have worked with. It's like working together awakens creativity and expression. It feels to me like that is what is happening with Meryl and Maks. It does not necessarily carry over to a romantic or sexual relationship. As a matter of fact, you avoid taking it there for fear that it will compromise the beautiful bliss that you are experiencing while working your craft together. It's a completely unique type of love.
    TMI

vCash
    It's just @KristinHope2 observing patterns at the official DWTS facebook page over the last 4 seasons. As I said, I'm not sure of her exact methodology, but looking at indicators that she has mentioned she uses,
    The reason why I asked is I was wondering whether she tweeted her official verdict for the week. Because it's specifically her prediction that has been accurate, including her "psychic" interpretation of the data. And the last tweet of hers that I saw said Charlie was "far behind".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    Boots are heavy- that will make jive really hard.
    And boots don't allow for rise and fall- that will make VW really hard.

There is a reason Texas Two Step is mostly shuffling your feet. Dancing in boots is incredibly different from other shoes.
    Well good thing the pro is wearing them. If he's wearing the boots I think it's for the VW. It makes most sense to go with a slow pop country song. What we've seen of their jive seems really playful and upbeat. I would hope the music isn't country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lefeury1 View Post
    It does not necessarily carry over to a romantic or sexual relationship. As a matter of fact, you avoid taking it there for fear that it will compromise the beautiful bliss that you are experiencing while working your craft together. It's a completely unique type of love.
    And yet we have examples of artists (in every field) taking said Connection of mind, soul, and passion for their art to a romantic relationship. Some worked out, others have not. The figure skating world has its share of coupling and de-coupling (of the good and bad variety). Having said that, I think Meryl is smart enough not to date her friend/teacher/partner/mentor during the show... but it doesn't mean she can't enjoy (flirtatious/playful/touchy/feely) being with/around him on-off camera. I believe Meryl when she said they have an amazing friendship. I think it's pretty obvious there is a tremendous amount of like in there but they choose not to take it any further at this time. IMO. But when Meryl "quits to be a student..." who knows? Watch for what Maks says here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jvpTimmAAWY

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast