Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Davis & White #29: Hashtag Happy

Short, sweet, and to the point.

vCash
    They really do make me happy.

Maybe after DWTS they can figure out some kind of new career that includes both skating and dancing. It would make for amazing shows.

vCash
    Nice thread title.

vCash
    I like the title

vCash
    The latetest photo of Meryl and Maks on the DWTS website got 35,000+ likes. This was my first trip to the page and I wasn't expecting that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

vCash
    Love the new thread title. Hashtag Charlie approves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    The latetest photo of Meryl and Maks on the DWTS website got 35,000+ likes. This was my first trip to the page and I wasn't expecting that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
    Over 37K likes in just 5 hrs? Meryl is clearly killing it in fan votes, and I'm pretty sure she'll be safe this next week, in the comments the general sentiment is that Amy's being over-scored b/c of Derek and that it's another pro's, Maks, turn to win.

vCash
    the classroom champion chat videos are up on meryl-charlie. I didn't watch all the way through, but I thought Meryl especially looked exhausted. Kudos to them for putting on a happy face for the kids.

vCash
    Awesome title!

For the next one though, how about Davis & White #30: Skillz, Spice, n' Erthang Nice

i got the erthang part from meryl..*shot*

vCash
    Just bringing this over from the end of the other thread in case someone missed it:

Team USA interview with Meryl and Maks (you can see them practicing their jive)

vCash
    The jive is looking great, from what I can see! Looks like they'll have a lot of content

vCash
    Bringing over because I'm a complete goober and was on the other thread still

Looking around at the "hate board" and it might actually be better for Charlie to stay in the finals (if it were him, Meryl, Amy). All of them plan to transfer their Charlie votes to Amy. Hopefully all other normal, nonhateful people think about sending their votes over to Meryl. I think Charlie would fully support and promote his fans to promote Meryl, which could help. And lay tv viewers would probably change to Meryl. This goes for the same if Meryl leaves. But I just have this feeling it may be Charlie

One of Meryl's pics on DWTS facebook has 41,000 likes within 5 hours...Charlie's usually get 25,000ish. From week 8 pics: Charlie is in last place with 2,000 likes versus first place Meryl with 6,500 (followed by Amy, a little less than 2,000 away). I'm so glad everyone banded around Meryl after Monday and voted, but it MAY have cost Charlie. Again, he could be safe..but no one knows yet. Maybe Monday night drama was done to make the M&C fan base choose a side. I'm thinking couples in "jeopardy": James, Meryl, and Charlie.. If its either Charlie or Meryl leaving you better believe the show will put them in the bottom 2 against each other. Amy will be called safe first of course. If James wins this thing I may tear out my eyes. Not sure why so many are saying James may leave. He's always number 1 or 2 in likes, retweets, anything (passed up Meryl's abc insta pic already). Hoping the teeny boppers aren't voting that hard--Mondays are school nights anyway I think the only person that like James more than Peta is James himself lol

vCash
    I mean, the people on that website are very opinionated against Maks and thus by extension Meryl, but remember that they are a very small contingency of the voting population. I'll admit they have good intel though, whoever their sources are. I think I remember someone saying that there probably can't be more than about 200 people a day maybe visiting that site, and way less than that number comprise the group of very outspoken commentators. I've read on Facebook comments (way less biased) that even though some fans are big supporters of Derek, they're supporting Meryl this season, so that's a good sign.

You know, I really think that there is a reason for everything and reality TV, so that begs the question of why did BOTH Meryl and Charlie go on DWTS if they weren't going to have some finale showdown between them and "pit the long time partners against each other in the quest for the mirrorball trophy"? They haven't really overused that storyline this season, probably because Charlie and Meryl just refuse to be anything but the best of friends! but you gotta admit, that would make for some great reality TV drama. I'm still hoping for a 1-2 Meryl and Charlie finale then Amy in 3rd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer4life View Post
    Just transferring a statement from the other thread from Brook24:
    "Looking around at the "hate board" and it might actually be better for Charlie to stay in the finals (if it were him, Meryl, Amy). All of them plan to transfer their Charlie votes to Amy. Hopefully all other normal, nonhateful people think about sending their votes over to Meryl. I think Charlie would fully support and promote his fans to promote Meryl, which could help. And lay tv viewers would probably change to Meryl. This goes for the same if Meryl leaves. But I just have this feeling it may be Charlie"

I mean, the people on that website are very opinionated against Maks and thus by extension Meryl, but remember that they are a very small contingency of the voting population. I'll admit they have good intel though, whoever their sources are. I think I remember someone saying that there probably can't be more than about 200 people a day maybe visiting that site, and way less than that number comprise the group of very outspoken commentators. I've read on Facebook comments (way less biased) that even though some fans are big supporters of Derek, they're supporting Meryl this season, so that's a good sign.

You know, I really think that there is a reason for everything and reality TV, so that begs the question of why did BOTH Meryl and Charlie go on DWTS if they weren't going to have some finale showdown between them and "pit the long time partners against each other in the quest for the mirrorball trophy"? They haven't really overused that storyline this season, probably because Charlie and Meryl just refuse to be anything but the best of friends! but you gotta admit, that would make for some great reality TV drama. I'm still hoping for a 1-2 Meryl and Charlie finale then Amy in 3rd.
    I would LOVE a Meryl and Charlie head-to-head. ABC probably thinks/would love it to get dramatic and nasty, but luckily C&M are literally some of the kindest, most down to earth people. I know they don't care who wins, because like everything else, they share this journey together. For me, I want Meryl to win. Watching them ice dance, I always thought she was the quiet, poised leader. I have loved seeing her as a funny, goofy, flirty dancer. That girl has some SERIOUS acting skills--the way she can emote in every.single.dance. Whether this was TBTP edit and packaging, I've seen so much growth out of her (as opposed to Charlie who they don't show as much --come on ABC show our blonde American boy!!!) It makes me sad that Sochi was most likely their last Olympics but they went out with a bang, doing SOI, and kicking butt on DWTS. I hope after everything is over, they continue to send fun updates on twitter. They have a lot of fans invested in them now

**Edit: I think the producers need to be VERY careful if they let Derek/Amy win.. A pro winning for a 3 time in a row not only looks bad to the audience but may also begin to upset other pros
    Last edited by Brook24; 05-09-2014 at 04:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Just bringing this over from the end of the other thread in case someone missed it:

I'm pleased that Meryl herself uses the word pleased. It makes me feel like our Queen Meryl image is accurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brook24 View Post
    **Edit: I think the producers need to be VERY careful if they let Derek/Amy win.. A pro winning for a 3 time in a row not only looks bad to the audience but may also begin to upset other pros
    The thing about Derek and Amy is that Amy represents a new kind of winner, if you will. She's inspirational and will be the first winner to have been majorly physically impaired, I believe. Charlie and Sharna also bring something new, because I don't think a male figure skater has ever won (Evan came in 2nd though), and Sharna has never won (although she's a new pro, so the 'she's gotta pay her dues' argument is probably still valid). Meryl and Maks also represent a new kind of winner - it will be Maks' first mirrorball win (Maks has been a pro for 14 seasons, so he's past all of the 'paying his dues' and many fans of Maks have been saying 'it's time') while Derek has won like 5 times? And this would be his 3rd in a row? Yeah. I wouldn't blame any of the pros for being a little frustrated that Derek is far and away the pro who has won the most times if he wins again tbh (although I love Derek! He is an amazing choreographer and dancer, but I think it is a little unfair to the pros on this show, especially a pro who has dedicated years to the show, who have never won whereas other pros have won multiple times)

But I agree. With either Meryl or Charlie winning, there's none of that 'but that pro has won so many times already' backlash. The real question is though, do the producers care about this?

vCash
    I know this is veering off topic a little; but can anyone imagine Charlie in a violin duel with Val?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbljqeCRBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post

That was cute! Are they dressed in the same colors again? Last time Black/White this time Black/Green? Compared to week 1, Maks looks thinner to me, and it's especially noticeable in this vid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by loopey View Post
    That was cute! Are they dressed in the same colors again? Last time Black/White this time Black/Green? Compared to week 1, Maks looks thinner to me, and it's especially noticeable in this vid.
    I agree, obviously Maks was never out of shape. But I think Meryl might really be putting him through a workout since he has to really go for it when working with her, so he is prob losing some weight. You can kind of see it in his face.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympiax View Post
    I know this is veering off topic a little; but can anyone imagine Charlie in a violin duel with Val?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbljqeCRBA
    From what I saw on the Today show, Charlie is pretty good but, he isn't nearly as good as Val. Didn't Charlie say that he hadn't played in three years?

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast