Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Yes in Vancouver Kim was the best and would have won even if everyone skated cleanly (and deservedly). However in Sochi she was lucky Mao and Julia mesed up or she wouldnt have even medalled probably. Sotnikova only beat her by bad judging, but one could argue with fair judging Kostner beats her, along with Mao and Julia skating well, so she would still be off the podium in Sochi with all skating their best even with fair judging of Sotikova.

    The only two years with everyone skating their best and with fair judging Kim wins is 2009 and 2010. 2008 would be a toss up between Mao and Kim with both skating their best and fair judging. Every other year- 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2006, 2014 Mao wins with both fair judging and both skating their best. Maybe Kim would win some of those even with both skating their best by biased juging, but fair judging Mao wins all those years. So overall Mao is still better most of the time if both skating their best, and judging is right. And the years Kim wins with both skating their best and fair judging, Mao is still 2nd behind Kim each time in that case, not 4th like Kim in sometimes like 2014.
    LOL, what more I can do except laugh out loud at your pure fantasy minded? and yet some people still call yuna's fans are crazy bots, hey, this one is on a master level, lol

    Actually I feel a little sorry for Mao fans, seem like they have to live in their "what if" world too much. What if mao was more consistent? what if judging was fair? what if not just yuna but both skate their best? What if x100000 ... Back to reality and stop your imagine, girls
    Last edited by HVS; 05-20-2014 at 06:27 PM.

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    LOL, what more I can do except laugh out loud at your pure fantasy minded? and yet some people still call yuna's fans are crazy bots, hey, this one is on a master level, lol
    What exactly did I say that was wrong. Do you really think there is any year outside of 2008-2010 (and 2008 is a toss up) that Yu Na would deserve to beat Mao if both went clean. If so which year and why.

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,712
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Kim made about the same number of errors as Ando at the 2011 worlds and still lost, and Ando made only 5 triples without a triple-triple to Kim who had 5 with a triple-triple and still passed her from behind to win. Yeah if Kim skates better she wins, but maybe not if Ando skates like Four Continents, and if Mao skates cleanly she probably beats both.

    Kim not competing as regularly just shows that she lacks the drive to keep challenging herself and pushing for dominance as Mao. Mao is inconsistent but she is always looking to better herself both technically and artistically. Kim reached her peak in 2008-2010 then coasted on her laurels, never improving again, and if anything declining even when she was clean. That is why she wasnt good enough to dominate long term the way Mao atleast could have, even though unlike Mao she is very consistent but most of her career someone outskated her.
    Yuna had achieved everything she wanted when she won Gold in Vancouver. She had no more ambition or need to prove herself after 2010. I have no doubt a well trained hungry Yuna from 2011-14 would still have dominated Mao, Kostner and the rest.

  4. #64
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    684
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    Actually I feel a little sorry for Mao fans, seem like they have to live in their "what if" world too much. What if mao was more consistent? what if judging was fair? what if not just yuna but both skate their best? What if x100000 ... Back to reality and stop your imagine, girls
    I got to agree with this. Mao had crazy potential and IF she were more consistent she probably would have won many, many, many more titles, but the truth is figure skating is not about what could have been, but about how she performs on the night at major competitions. Yuna is the better competitor of the two.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    What exactly did I say that was wrong. Do you really think there is any year outside of 2008-2010 (and 2008 is a toss up) that Yu Na would deserve to beat Mao if both went clean. If so which year and why.
    Why don't you visit the archive box then read by yourself?

    I don't care about mao too much to talk about her program details. I'm also not delusional to claimed something that was not happend like "how mao would beat yuna at their best and fair judging" in 2012 when Yuna didn't compete at all or 2011 when she just competed once then got silver at worlds. Yuna didnt win due to her mistakes and mao was sixth, just let them go with that.

    Beside from that, Yuna deserved her win at 2013 regardless how mao skated. Yuna herself was underscored in SP there, and overall still win by over 20 pts, what your problem?

    2014? Well, so much controversy, too much drama. Yuna didn't skate her LP best but Mao did, then what were their score again?

    But you know what is interesting here? Consistency is a big part of the game, the mental game. Athletes trained for years just to control themself under pressure. You lost them, you lost the game.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Mao in 2013-2014 would both deserve to win and would definitely win over Yu Na if both were clean. She was by then skating much harder technical programs, and her artistry was atleast comparable if not better. Yu Na was no longer the skater of her brief peak of 2008-2010 and Mao was much better. That is why Yu Na could no longer even beat the likes of Ando and Sotnikova to win major events unless they werent there or messed up which unfortunately for her they did not at the 2011 worlds and 2014 Olympics, let alone a clean Mao.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Mao in 2013-2014 would both deserve to win and would definitely win over Yu Na if both were clean. She was by then skating much harder technical programs, and her artistry was atleast comparable if not better. Yu Na was no longer the skater of her brief peak of 2008-2010 and Mao was much better. That is why Yu Na could no longer even beat the likes of Ando and Sotnikova to win major events unless they werent there or messed up which unfortunately for her they did not at the 2011 worlds and 2014 Olympics, let alone a clean Mao.
    Again, pure fantasy, honey

    At least I have the reality to prove my point, Yuna win or second then Mao is always somewhere behind her (not above even once after worlds 2010) What do you have again? Just talk and talk, just something in your pure mind, like blah blah blah

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Mao has won 2 worlds since Vancouver. Kim only one. Mao has won the grand prix final in that span. Yu Na didnt even bother competing the grand prix since then. So no I dont have only talk. Mao in fact has more titles than Yu Na everywhere but the Olympics. More worlds, grand prix finals, grand prix event wins, Four Continents, you name it. You can argue Yu Na is better since she won the Olympics and she is more consistent, but you snobbish Yu Na bots thinking Mao (or Kwan) is not even in her league and it is insulting anyone would dare even have the opinion Mao might be better really puts your blind tardism into perspective.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    Mao has won 2 worlds since Vancouver. Kim only one. Mao has won the grand prix final in that span. Yu Na didnt even bother competing the grand prix since then. So no I dont have only talk. Mao in fact has more titles than Yu Na everywhere but the Olympics. More worlds, grand prix finals, grand prix event wins, Four Continents, you name it. You can argue Yu Na is better since she won the Olympics and she is more consistent, but you snobbish Yu Na bots thinking Mao (or Kwan) is not even in her league and it is insulting anyone would dare even have the opinion Mao might be better really puts your blind tardism into perspective.
    You seem like have a selected memory, remember she won two times but forgot that she was sixth two times, not even top five

    Then so what? She won over Yuna in 2010 when Yuna was bomb her SP, off podium in 2011 when Yuna got her silver, the same as 2012 except Yuna not even there, bronze behind Yuna in 2013 then finally won her third in 2014 when Yuna was busy enjoying her royal life, sound perfect for me

    I would like to compare the two in where they both compete, not where one competed and other enjoy her cool cocktail. Yuna has her own reason to not competed in grand prix series after vancouver, and while you will never accept her whatever reason, I tell you her reason definitely not including that she afraid of "what if Mao skate clean and judges are so fair, will she win over me?", lol

    Well, you are so fun, I like you
    Last edited by HVS; 05-21-2014 at 10:27 AM.

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    125
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It has already been acknowledged Kim is more consistent than Mao. However Mao is by far the more talented skater and when she puts it all together is superior to Kim Yu Na's generic solid skating. The truth is though Mao's record beats Yu Na in all places minus the Olympics, so snobby Yu Na bots making Yu Na out to be so far superior are not even being reasonable.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    16
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabybackhand View Post
    It has already been acknowledged Kim is more consistent than Mao. However Mao is by far the more talented skater and when she puts it all together is superior to Kim Yu Na's generic solid skating. The truth is though Mao's record beats Yu Na in all places minus the Olympics, so snobby Yu Na bots making Yu Na out to be so far superior are not even being reasonable.
    This is just as snobby a statement as any Yunabot here is making. Post-Vancouver, the circumstances of their rivalry were so completely different that I don't see how their "talent" could be compared. Mao went miles to improve because she was still extremely competitive on a personal level. OTOH Yuna barely found the motivation to strap on her boots until Sochi. Before 2010, I don't see how Mao was superior of a skater aside from hitting better positions. I certainly can't say she was a natural jumper or had better skating skills (again, at the time their careers were still parallel).

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    46
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It is dissapointing to see the typical Mao bashing from Yu Na fans. Dont take out your bitterness of Sochi out on Mao who had nothing to do with that outcome.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •