Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Jockey's Quotes

Trainer's Quotes

Horses in Hats (Not Derby Horses, but British Horses in hats. Thought it fit here.)

Johnny's Hat
    Last edited by skipaway; 05-04-2014 at 04:51 PM.

vCash
    Awesome going, danceronice!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    That's the nice version of what Gary said and you could see how really hard Candy Boy checked...Rajiv Maragh is lucky, too, that Medal Count was backing up and not coming on or he might have gotten taken down because apparently the stewards rewatched that contact a LOT. Nothing but class from Jose Ortiz, though, with the nice remarks about Cali Chrome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Which fit right in with all the other crazy hats people wear on Derby Day.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...-hats/2134188/ (scroll down for the crazy galleries)

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Preakness on Saturday....California Chrome draws post 3 and morning-line odds of 3/5.

Real mystery of the Preakness: Why is Ria Antonia here? Her (fourth, brand-new since the Oaks) trainer claims he doesn't want to start her unless he thinks she can win. So...why is she still in the entries?

vCash
    Go Ria! I know, probably little to no chance but I like a girl in the race.
    I' ll be also rooting for Ring Weekend and Grahm Motion.

vCash
    Rooting for California Chrome and Ring Weekend. And Pablo Del Monte just because he's a chestnut. I have a thing for chestnuts... Never wanted one, now I have 3... So, I always root for the chestnuts! (That said, I really like California Chrome and Graham Motion so...)

vCash
    Yay for California Chrome!

vCash
    Yay. I was so excited, jumping up and down... It's such a feel good story, a horse bred for ~$10, 000 now making it big time... gives hope to the little guy. As soon as he broke cleanly i really thought he'd win, jsut a feeling.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Yay. I was so excited, jumping up and down... It's such a feel good story, a horse bred for ~$10, 000 now making it big time... gives hope to the little guy. As soon as he broke cleanly i really thought he'd win, jsut a feeling.
    Lol, no one will get THAT deal again with Lucky Pulpit. Even before the Derby his stud fee abruptly became "private." I bet they're tacking on more zeros as we speak....

Once again I was pretty much dead on-the only one who snuck anywhere near the board that I dumped was Ring Weekend and he was no threat for payouts. Sadly Chrome's odds mean nothing paid big and at this rate might as well not bet the Belmont! Because of TV contracts TVG had to wait an hour to show the finish and couldn't show the whole race but for the last hour you could tell because the studio backdrop was just a gigantic picture of California Chrome.

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    That was a more exciting race than the Derby.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Wow California Chrome broke really well, can someone else tell me is that the horse or the jockey or a combo, then the jockey kind of let things play out with another horse challenging the leader, and it seemed like a stronger finish than in the Derby. Nice ride, beautiful horse.

vCash
    I was so nervous for Chromie, and then so happy. What a good horse, doing exactly what his jockey tells him to do. And what a nice shout out to his groom from one of his owners. Obviously, history says he is not going to win the Belmont. And yet.... He has already done so much that you wouldn't have expected. Six strong races in a row. Can he run a seventh? And if he gets another good trip.... This will be exciting!

vCash
    I was exactly a week old when Affirmed won the Triple Crown. It's time it finally happened again!!!

But I hate getting my hopes up, especially since Smarty Jones. It's been a few years though so ready to do so once more.

vCash
    I am trying so hard to not get my hopes up for a Triple Crown winner, but it's beyond time for one. It's been 36 years.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I haven't thought this might be it...well, ever, I can't really count Sunday Silence because I was ten. (I have literally never seen one--I was born in September, 1978.) I don't entirely even care the payouts were CRAP in the Preakness (Chrome's odds were just too short and no one long got in there. Though most in the 15-1 and higher range had ZERO chance anyway. Pablo Del Monte was a long shot at best, and hopefully Ria Antonia's moron owners have finally learned what every single handicapper said: this filly's not competitive against Grade One company of either sex and will do better when she's dropped into a class where she's competitive. Odds her owners will actually DO this now she got trounced in the Oaks AND Preakness: 100-1. Odds they'll go trainer-hopping for the fifth time: 1/2.) I just want to see Chrome win. I haven't liked any of the possibles this much in forever--was lukewarm on I'll Have Another, HATED the idea of Big Brown, never really liked Smarty Jones...it just seems like everything would be right-right owners, right horse, right trainer. I'm almost afraid it'll jinx it.

Of course if NYRA screws it up by denying the waiver for the nose strip and he doesn't even run...well, the New York Times will get their wish, New York racing will be DEAD. No one would ever forgive them.

vCash
    California Chrome will be allowed to wear nasal strip

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...crown/9273485/

vCash
    Thank goodness. I couldn't really see how they would deny the request, but you never know. Now at least we'll get a chance to see if he can do it, with all the same equipment. I think I am going to be a nervous wreck watching that race!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Chrome arrived safely in New York this morning. He's got 19 days to get used to Belmont. Now someone get Victor Espinoza up there and find something, anything, for him to race in between now and then so HE gets used to it!

vCash
    Didn't the Belmont refuse the use of nasal strips before? He was lucky with this decision.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast