Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

ISU Communication No. 1863: AGENDA OF THE 55th ORDINARY CONGRESS DUBLIN - 2014

The Agenda for the 2014 ISU Congress was published today, all 235 pages of it. Much of it relating to drafting work due to the discontinuance of the Sports Directorate as a body. Lot's of interesting information including the Russian and U.S Figure Skating proposals to do away with anonymous judging.

http://static.isu.org/media/143870/1863-agenda-isu-congress-2014.pdf
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!

vCash
    Canada and US also proposing to raise the age limit for junior pairs & dance back to 19 for ladies & 21 for men.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    I was unaware that the Ice Dance Technical Committee was proposing to allow men to wear sleeveless costumes while still requiring women to wear skirts. Ice dancing and the 21st Century: you'd probably get along fine if only you could meet each other.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    There's a shock ...

241. BELARUS Rule 413, paragraph 4.a) Amend as follows: d) Age: have not reached the age of seventy five (75) in the calendar year of the nomination. Reason: in the modern world people live and are active much longer; many Officials can spend more time on their service only after they reach or are close to the pension age or have established a secure position in their full time job.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 05-01-2014 at 05:34 AM.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    Edit
    Last edited by bardtoob; 05-01-2014 at 06:09 AM.

vCash
    Deleted.
    Last edited by Rae35; 05-01-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Close to giving up

vCash
    III. PROPOSALS FOR THE FIGURE SKATING SECTION start on page 76 and go through page 141.

This is the proposal that will immediately affect men and pair skaters because they, along with their coaches and choreographers, need to know whether or not to cut 30 seconds of music from their free programs for next season. From page 107:
    B. TECHNICAL RULES SINGLE & PAIR SKATING

SINGLE & PAIR TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
    Rule 501, paragraph 2, Duration of skating
    Revise as follows:
    Free Skating:
    Senior:
    Men, Ladies, Pairs
    4 minutes
    Junior:
    Men, Ladies, Pairs
    3 ½ minutes
    Reason:
    to have the same requirements for all disciplines.
    If proposal 257 is accepted,
    "A well balanced Free Skating program for [Senior and Junior] Men must contain:
    maximum of 7 jump elements (one of which must be an Axel type jump)."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-01-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Ali3 View Post
    I was unaware that the Ice Dance Technical Committee was proposing to allow men to wear sleeveless costumes while still requiring women to wear skirts. Ice dancing and the 21st Century: you'd probably get along fine if only you could meet each other.
    What's the purpose of this rule change, I wonder? To allow the guys to show off their arm muscles?

vCash
    They probably saw Nikita's shirtless picture.

I didn't know women had to wear skirts in ice dancing still. I thought that was just what they did. I mean Usova, Klimova, and Grishuk all wore pants in 1992. Well, Grishuk had something that was like a shirt with her pants.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    In 2007, they had to specifically permit the lady to wear trousers for the tango OD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    In 2007, they had to specifically permit the lady to wear trousers for the tango OD
    On the opposite side, John Kerr had to get special permission to wear his kilt.

It is a silly rule to not allow pants. Pechalat's silly skirt on the mummy costume was a good example of a skirt being unnecessary. It was only added for the rule, it seemed.

vCash
    Have skimmed through all the pages. Some casual observations. The ISU Council only in favour of approx 10 of more than 110 member proposals in the first section..... But obviously in favour of almost fifty of their own.
    Greece is having a gung-ho go at putting up proposals, almost all of which have an addendum "not in favour" by the ISU.

I'm wondering why the ISU Council are able to put forward their argument (mostly against, very few for) in the agenda?

The age of office holders is on the table. Why do we want people who will be on the plus side of 75 to make decisions for participants whose age run from early teens to late twenties?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    On the opposite side, John Kerr had to get special permission to wear his kilt.
    I didn't know that - interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I didn't know that - interesting.
    I guess it's a national dress, and Scottish men do look good in their national dress.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    They probably saw Nikita's shirtless picture.
    Any link please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bardtoob View Post
    There's a shock ...

241. BELARUS Rule 413, paragraph 4.a) Amend as follows: d) Age: have not reached the age of seventy five (75) in the calendar year of the nomination. Reason: in the modern world people live and are active much longer; many Officials can spend more time on their service only after they reach or are close to the pension age or have established a secure position in their full time job.
    There were quite a few of the federations proposed this so not just Belarus.

What is disappointing is that they haven't raised the age when judges can be appointed. If the age was 55 (which has been talked about in the past) would allow people who may have come to judging later in life the opportunity. I know a few people this applies to (myself included). Not that I have any grand ambitions, but it is excluding others who could be judges as well.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    There were quite a few of the federations proposed this so not just Belarus.

What is disappointing is that they haven't raised the age when judges can be appointed. If the age was 55 (which has been talked about in the past) would allow people who may have come to judging later in life the opportunity. I know a few people this applies to (myself included). Not that I have any grand ambitions, but it is excluding others who could be judges as well.
    Belarus specifically proposed it for "Officials". The others were for judges and such.

It think it is unfortunate that they did not raise the age of entry. It prevents a lot of new blood from giving life to judging panels that apparently will be looking a lot more like zombie panels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    Any link please?
    I think someone posted the Nikita photo on one of the I&K split threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I think someone posted the Nikita photo on one of the I&K split threads.
    I did here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4260302

Back on topic... Kevin Reynolds is quoted in Bev Smith's latest blog article as follows:
    Reynolds hasn’t done any new programs yet. He’s waiting to see what rule changes the ISU could establish at the Congress in June. He’ll get a new long program. He would like to keep his mesmerizing short program to AC/DC, but it all depends on rule changes. Some of the rule changes could be major: if the ISU cuts 30 seconds off the length of the men’s long program, it will also drop one jumping pass to seven, same as the women. “That would drastically affect the construction of the program,” Reynolds said. Choreography is pencilled in immediately after the Congress.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    So if they cut 30 seconds from pairs skates, they aren't cutting any elements?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast