Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

Confirmed: Moore-Towers & Moscovitch Split

Thought this deserved its own thread from the Canadian Pairs 2014/2015 thread. Moore-Towers & Moscovitch are officially split
    http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx
    Last edited by Aaron MB Fan; 04-30-2014 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    I was just going to post this... ya beat me!

I won't say I'm happy about this, because that would be a lie but I wish them both the best in their futures apart.

vCash
    Key quotes (bolded by me):
    “I’m so proud of what Dylan and I achieved in our five years together, and I do want to thank him for everything we accomplished. We are just at different points in our lives right now,” said Kirsten Moore-Towers. “I feel that there is an opportunity for me to keep skating for at least one, maybe two, more Olympic cycles, so I want to pursue those options. My plan is to look for the partner who will share in that dream.”

“It was such an honour to represent Canada on the world and Olympic stage. Being a part of the silver-medal winning team in Sochi is the most memorable moment of my career to this point. And I’m glad that Kirsten and I accomplished that together. I wish her the best of luck going forward,” said Dylan Moscovitch. “My future includes embracing new opportunities within the sport that I love, finding a new partner and competing in the 2014-2015 season, and expanding my horizons for life after skating.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    They are both looking for new partners.... wow

vCash
    Wow, him looking for a new partner? I didn't see that coming.. it sounds like he only wants to do one more season, so I guess I understand why she chose to leave, because she wants to go a whole other 4-8 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    They are both looking for new partners.... wow
    That's more unexpected than their split, I think. I would have thought for sure that Dylan was retiring and that was the reason for the split.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    This makes me sad.

vCash
    If Dylan knows he perhaps can't or would rather not stay skating at this level until the next Olys, it makes sense for them to break up now. It gives Kirsten the time she needs to find a new partner and develop as a team.

I wish them both the best of luck.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Wow, him looking for a new partner? I didn't see that coming.. it sounds like he only wants to do one more season, so I guess I understand why she chose to leave, because she wants to go a whole other 4-8 years.
    This is strange. Why go for all the trouble of finding a new partner and learning to skate together to only stay for one season? It may take them a whole year just to start getting anywhere.

Sad news overall. Their short program last two seasons was a masterpiece.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    say Mike Marinaro is KMT's new partner and they'll train out of Waterloo

vCash
    Clearly seems Moscovitch was pushed rather than jumped. Thinking he may take the lion's share of the fan base with him as well. He has been a class act throughout these days of swirling rumours; keeping dignified silence rather than posting to social media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    This is strange. Why go for all the trouble of finding a new partner and learning to skate together to only stay for one season? It may take them a whole year just to start getting anywhere.
    Maybe he just wants to keep skating, but he's not sure how long he'll last, so he and Kirsten split so she can find someone who can promise to be in it for the long term? Who knows?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I can't see him going 2 more Oly cycles, although it seems Kristen has been giving it some thought.

vCash
    I heard that kmt split w Dylan because she believed his body wouldn't hold out. And believes she could do up to 3 more Olympics. I'm gutted - they were my favourite team, mostly due to his humour and great attitude

vCash
    That's a big chance for KMT to take considering she and Dylan were close to a world medal...

This is really too bad all around.
    "How you treat the weak is
    Your true nature calling" -- Jane's Addiction

vCash
    I didn't follow the Canadian pairs news very closely - what is the status of Mervin Tran? Can Kirsten try to skate with him?

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    I think its good for her to try for a new partner to continue on for the long-term now rather than later. I hope she finds a good partner and has great success.
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't think the reference to the 2014-15 season by him necessarily means he only wants to compete one more season. It could mean he wants to get up an running with a new partner ASAP. Otherwise, he would have the option of slowly bringing up a young partner, like he did his sister and Moore-Towers, or find a partner from another country who would switch to Canada, making them have to sit out for at least a year.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Wow that a surprise that Dylan was basically forced out.

Oh well, maybe he can find someone to continue on for a few more seasons. Too bad Margaret Purdy is so tall now.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Ask Mark Ladwig.

Darn. I liked the perky Canadians
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast