Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Potential partnership of Riazanova & Vaturi and other Italian dance news

http://www.neveitalia.it/sport/figur...danza-italiana
    Google translated excerpt:
    The last test of the test carried out by Ekaterina Riazanova and Simone Vaturi has been successful to the point that, barring unforeseen circumstances, the birth of the couple can be considered a done deal

The intention seems to compete for Italy and to train mainly at the FORUM Assago, but it is likely that soon every detail is made known. From what has been learned, the Russian Federation should not pose any problem for the release of the skater that, as shown in recent days , will defend the colors of a new country in international competitions from 17 January 2015. Nevertheless, already now , the new couple will take part with no problem at national competitions and the Italian Championships. The technical staff should count Paola Mezzadri and Roberto Pellizzola.
    The article also mentions that Federica Bernardi "is trying to skate with Saverio Giacomelli (ETA link to his ISU singles bio) Italian junior champion in 2007" and that Andrea Fabbri, the younger brother of Marco, has been trying out with Japan's Misato Komatsubara:
    "The tests carried out in recent weeks under the direction of Barbara Fusar Poli have provided very positive feedback, but at the moment it is not yet known to what country Komatsubara / Fabbri ("Blacksmiths" ) can choose to compete."
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-30-2014 at 02:38 AM. Reason: To add Giacomelli's ISU bio link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Exciting news! Thanks Sylvia. Wow, it's a very busy off-season, that's for sure.

As I expected, Russian Federation is not causing any problems releasing Riazanova. Which should give the green light for Tkachenko as well, to represent Lithuania, should have make that decision.

Japan only has two Ice Dance teams at the moment, right (Reeds and Hirai/De La Asuncion)? So that would be a decent option but then I think that funding would be very limited (unless they managed to achieve good results) and they could forget about ever competing at the Olympics.

vCash
    Do you need a translation of the article? Btw Neveitalia also stated that the Junior ice dance pair Sforza/Sforza may skate in seniors next year, as they have had very good results in Juniors in the past season.
    I guess as Federica Bernardi has deleted her IPS account, she is going to skate with Giacomelli I haven't had an official confirmation from her yet, though.
    A grumpy Canadian will always be nicer than a polite Milanese

vCash
    This new interview with Riazanova confirms she will train in Milan with Vaturi: http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=83448

Interview in English with Lorenza Alessandrini (published on May 19): http://www.insideskating.net/2014/05...e-skating-with
    For now I would really like to find a good partner to continue skating with, but that is not easy. There are no senior male ice dancers available in Italy at this moment and that already makes everything complicated. Anyway, nowadays it’s really common to see couples made of two athletes coming from different nations skating together, so I still hope that I can find the right person even if he’s not Italian. This month I plan on having a few tryouts and I hope that one of them can lead me to the right partner to compete with.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    The translation of the link above:

Riazanova: I will be skating for Italy with Vaturi
    The Russian figure skating federation does not mind Ekaterina Riazanova, the multiple national medallist, the participant of the Europeans and the Worlds switching to Italy. Alexey Zubakov from allsport.ru spoke to Riazanova.

ER: The federation is not holding me back and allowing to switch to Italy to skate with Vaturi. Now we are doing all the paperwork so we can represent Italy.

AZ: Why did it take so long to announce your decision? Ilya Tkachenko announced the break up at the end of April
    ER: I was not certain the federation would release me. I only received an answer a couple of days ago.

AZ: Why did your partnership with Ilya Tkachenko fall apart?
    ER: At the beginning of the season I knew it was our last season together. Ilya told me last spring he is thinking of retiring. Nevertheless we worked a lot, we set our minds on the season and tried to make it to the team. We dreamed skating in Sochi. We were very upset we didn't make it to the team.

AZ: Who made the decision to split?
    ER: I think we both understood there was no point keeping skating together. Ilya was the first to voice it though. Of course I'm sorry about our 5 years of working together, we went through a lot together supporting each other. Nevertheless the life goes on and we have our separate ways now.

AZ: Why have you decided to represent Italy?
    ER: I received an offer to skate with Vaturi. I went to the try out and liked everything. Of course there is plenty of work ahead, but think we should be ok. Frankly, I didn't mind whether I would be skating for Italy in particular or not, but I am very fond of that country.

AZ: Why?
    ER: The Italians are well meaning, easy to communicate with, emotional, full of style good looking people. There are so many things to see in every town, each beautiful in it's way and I would love to visit every possible city. I hope it will be possible in the future - so far I've only been to Milano, where I will be living and training. Our coaches will be Paola Mezzadri and Roberto Pelizzola.

AZ:What about Vaturi? Do you have a contact?
    ER: We are friends. Its weird really : we've known each other for a while - since the junior competitions, but we never actually spoke to each other. When I came to Milano I couldn't help feeling we were good old friends. Working together was easy. I think we suit emotionally, which is very important for me

AZ: What are your plans for the near future?
    ER: Right now I have to graduate the uni. There are also lots of little details to take care of. Then I can go to Italy. I can't wait to start training.

AZ: Are there any changes in your personal life?
    ER: Free as a bird looking for my happiness.

AZ: What are your main goals for the season? For the whole cycle?
    ER: For the season - to become a pair, to feel each other as partners, to choreograph the programmes. I think we'll participate some shows. We have lots of work ahead of us preparing for the nationals. As for the international competitions - I don't know yet. I think I have to sit out a season switching countries, but I don't understand much in those rules. First I want to fly to Italy and start working with the new partner under the new coaches and we'll see what then. I don't really want to look much further into the future, frankly. First we have to start skating and things will work out.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    ER: Free as a bird looking for my happiness.
    For some reason this really made me smile. Best of luck!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    For some reason this really made me smile. Best of luck!
    I love that quote by Riazanova, too. Best of luck to her as she makes the move to Italy.

vCash
    Good luck to them but the whole thing sounds so strange. R/T were the next big thing in Russia not long ago, that they would spilt for no apparent reason (is he really stopping?), be dumped behind Sinitsina/Z for no better reason either is very strange. Yes their progs were blah this year but S/Z were hardly skating like Gods.

Now to make things stranger she's skating with quite an average partner and is being released, barely no questions asked, by the Russians! When was last time Rus fed released anyone so promising this fast?

Upside is, if/when C/L retire, they could be Ita number 1s. However Barbara and Guignard/Fabri will have a thing or two to say about that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    Good luck to them but the whole thing sounds so strange. R/T were the next big thing in Russia not long ago, that they would spilt for no apparent reason (is he really stopping?), be dumped behind Sinitsina/Z for no better reason either is very strange. Yes their progs were blah this year but S/Z were hardly skating like Gods.

Now to make things stranger she's skating with quite an average partner and is being released, barely no questions asked, by the Russians! When was last time Rus fed released anyone so promising this fast?

Upside is, if/when C/L retire, they could be Ita number 1s. However Barbara and Guignard/Fabri will have a thing or two to say about that.
    I am also really surprised that she is being released so quickly. Maybe because she wants to skate with Vaturi and that's why the Russian Federation doesn't feel that she would be threat to them? Or maybe some money were exchanged...

Tkachenko is not retiring, he is either skating for Lithuania or for Russia with his new Lithuanian partner.

But I think the split was coming. While other dance couples were moving upwards, R/T seemed to be stagnating. And if you realise that every year Russia has had new junior champions in dance (or this year junior world silver medalist, but in the last few years it has been junior worlds champions), at some stage these new young talent have to start overtaking those who are not moving upwards. And this year S/Z already beat R/T, so there was no point to keep hanging around. Plus add their age (Tkachenko is I think 27) and the result was that the Federation decided not to invest any more into a couple that stagnates and one partner is 'getting on with his age'.

vCash
    I noticed a tweet welcoming a team from Japan to train full time in Vancouver. I am not familiar with these skaters but maybe there are 3 senior teams for Japan this year.
    https://twitter.com/skatevidanews/st...63872028545024

vCash
    Thanks for translating, TAHbKA!

Rogueskater, thanks - I've re-posted the Twitter link in the Japan news thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4271680
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-30-2014 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    How come Fusar Poli is not their coach?

Confused here...
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    How come Fusar Poli is not their coach?

Confused here...
    Hmmm Idk... I had (from an earlier article) that it would be Fusar Poli. Maybe it's because she already has Guignard/ Fabbri and they would be direct competitors (especially after C/L retire).

ETA: Does Mezzadri still work with C/L?

vCash
    I dont see Anna and Luca retiring just now.

Fusar Poli is okay new coach, but I much prefer Mezzadri.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I am also really surprised that she is being released so quickly. Maybe because she wants to skate with Vaturi and that's why the Russian Federation doesn't feel that she would be threat to them? Or maybe some money were exchanged...

Tkachenko is not retiring, he is either skating for Lithuania or for Russia with his new Lithuanian partner.

But I think the split was coming. While other dance couples were moving upwards, R/T seemed to be stagnating. And if you realise that every year Russia has had new junior champions in dance (or this year junior world silver medalist, but in the last few years it has been junior worlds champions), at some stage these new young talent have to start overtaking those who are not moving upwards. And this year S/Z already beat R/T, so there was no point to keep hanging around. Plus add their age (Tkachenko is I think 27) and the result was that the Federation decided not to invest any more into a couple that stagnates and one partner is 'getting on with his age'.
    I think if C/L proved anything this year, it's that anything can happen in dance, things are not as static as years gone by and I no longer believe a couple is doomed to stagnate and be held back like before. So I hadn't written R/T off just yet.

As much as I love C/L, that was the flukeist world title ever, nonetheless the perseverance paid off, who would have ever predicted they would be world champs?

The irony is with all the splitting up, R/T would have prob had a very decent chance of doing very well this season lol.
    Anyway good luck to both teams. Is Tkachenko going to skate with Shakira?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Does Mezzadri still work with C/L?
    Cappellini & Lanotte trained last season primarily with her in Italy.

C/L article published before Worlds: http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/g...harm-the-world
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-31-2014 at 12:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Cappellini & Lanotte trained last season primarily with her in Italy.

C/L article published before Worlds: http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/g...harm-the-world
    Thanks so much, Sylvia! That's a great article! I didn't realize they were splitting time like that during the season. Sounds exhausting, but it really has paid off!

vCash
    Tkachenko is going to skate with Isabella Tobias.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    Hmmm Idk... I had (from an earlier article) that it would be Fusar Poli. Maybe it's because she already has Guignard/ Fabbri and they would be direct competitors (especially after C/L retire).

ETA: Does Mezzadri still work with C/L?
    Yes, she has been their coach for the past four seasons.
    Lorenza is also probably going to train at the Forum ice rink with Mezzadri and Pelizzola, she is doing some tryouts now.

vCash
    From what I remember, C&L were caught in the middle of Zoueva&Shpilband split and choose to work with Igor because they see Mezzadri as their version of Zoueva.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast