• Lu Chen

18 5.25%
  • Delobel & Schoenfelder

22 6.41%
  • other (specify)

41 11.95%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Bebe Liang deserves a mention in this thread. I remember her finishing 5th at the 2005 Nationals, which I and many others found utterly ridiculous. The program difficulty, transitions, interpretation, and quality of elements was all better than that of Meissner and Kirk, yet she was placed behind them in the short and even got 5.0s. In the long, she landed more triples than Jenny but was still behind her.

The following years, she was consistently lowballed in PCS - I remember her consistently getting lower PCS than Czisny, Meissner, and Hughes, which is more a reflection of the USFSA's political preferences rather than actual PCS.

I'm also surprised that Maria Butyrskaya hasn't been mentioned yet, considering that she is so often discussed on FSU as a victim of bad judging

vCash
    Maria wasnt underscored. Overscored if anything. A clunky and inelegant skater who was mediocre at all the technical elements, and was inconsistent. She did have good choregraphy, a nice style, and some very nice positions (other than her fugly layback and spirals), and sometimes some nice musicality, but that is it. That the judges were willing to have her win the 99 and 2000 world titles, and a medal at the 98 Olympics, had she delivered, is already enough for her ability. That she didnt capatilize on all of that is her problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanoverrated View Post
    Kim and Drobiazko & Vanagas are both overrated on this poll. Both are very undermarked skaters who deserved more titles/medals, but still not the most. The most undermarked would have to be Delobel & Schnellfelder, Caryn Kadavy, and Angelo Nikodoonov.
    Let the crazy fans have some piece of their mind, their queen was robbed so they have every rights to bash all the Russian and make the biggest outcry ever. Meh, in the name of fairness, sounds fun.

vCash
    Poor Daisuke, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Let the crazy fans have some piece of their mind, their queen was robbed so they have every rights to bash all the Russian and make the biggest outcry ever. Meh, in the name of fairness, sounds fun.
    Well, our fans are all out and still have a bit free time before get busy with the queen big show, that's the reason the votes are rasing too fast in couple days

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots39 View Post
    Maria wasnt underscored. Overscored if anything. A clunky and inelegant skater who was mediocre at all the technical elements, and was inconsistent. She did have good choregraphy, a nice style, and some very nice positions (other than her fugly layback and spirals), and sometimes some nice musicality, but that is it. That the judges were willing to have her win the '99 and 2000 World titles, and a medal at the '98 Olympics, had she delivered, is already enough for her ability. That she didnt capatilize on all of that is her problem.
    Agreed! They had to be truly desperate to elevate her to a status her ability wasn't able to live up to! I can give you example after example of shady scoring practices giving her wins totally undeserved including a GP event in Paris she was flopping all around! Jennie Kirk skated a perfect program ending in a triple lutz, but left town with a bronze medal; Maria got Gold! The only time I can think of that Butyrskaya may have been robbed was at a GP event in Japan! It was a rare occasion she actually outskated Irina Slutskaya; even Peter C. thought she had won! The scores were horrendously low allowing Irina the Gold! I said "cry me a river!" Too often Maria won medals she didn't deserve so "how does it feel?"

vCash
    Explain to me please how an OGM who won decisively can be considered wuzrobbed. That Yuna is in the lead in this poll is ridiculous.
    'Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.'--John Wayne

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    Explain to me please how an OGM who won decisively can be considered wuzrobbed. That Yuna is in the lead in this poll is ridiculous.
    Her fanbase is pretty huge, enough said

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HVS View Post
    Her fanbase is pretty huge, enough said
    True enough! I'm sure there are people who think Patrick Chan wuzrobbed, but he was awful and sloppy! It all finally caught up with him!

vCash
    Kwan and Kim both have crazy fan bases. Kwan's is even worse. I remember her being near the lead of a most underscored skater poll once, which is even worse than Kim leading one. Atleast Kim was arguably robbed of winning a few more big titles, Kwan obviously never was.

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Kwan and Kim both have crazy fan bases. Kwan's is even worse. I remember her being near the lead of a most underscored skater poll once, which is even worse than Kim leading one. Atleast Kim was arguably robbed of winning a few more big titles, Kwan obviously never was.
    I disagree. The results of this poll alone have elevated Kim's fanbase to an untouchable level of CRAY!!! A most wuzrobbed skater ever should logically be much more undecorated than Yuna Kim is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I disagree. The results of this poll alone have elevated Kim's fanbase to an untouchable level of CRAY!!! A most wuzrobbed skater should logically be much more undecorated than Yuna Kim is.
    Like I said I saw a poll about a year ago here where Kwan was near the lead of a most underscored skater poll, and she is arguably even more decorated than Kim. So I stand by what I said her fan base is even crazier than Kim Yu Na's although both are crazy. Atleast Yu Na was probably robbed of winning a couple more big titles than she actually won in her career (still not enough to make her most underrated IMO) while Kwan never was and probably instead has a couple more than she ought to have.

It is also likely there are many non Yu Na fans who voted for her on this poll given how many votes there are, and that her fan base is nowhere near as large on a 95% American forum as Michelle Kwan. I dont agree with even those non fans here, but still that is the likely case. I would guess of the 85 or so that have voted for her probably only 35 of them at most are strong Yu Na fans, and the other 50 probably genuinely believe that she is the most undermarked skater ever. How they conclude that given the other options I am not sure, but that is probably the case. Probably since many think only someone really famous is an acceptable answer in any poll, hence why Kim and Kwan seem to clean up all the ladies polls here. That plus the Sochi debacle is the freshest thing in peoples minds, one of the worst judging decisions in history that went against Kim, but that shouldnt overcome a whole career but since it is so recent it probably has a large influence. A poll done a year later would probably look different.
    Last edited by kwanoverrated; 05-03-2014 at 02:31 PM.

vCash
    It is also likely there are many non Yu Na fans who voted for her on this poll given how many votes there are, and that her fan base is nowhere near as large on a 95% American forum as Michelle Kwan. I dont agree with even those non fans here, but still that is the likely case. I would guess of the 85 or so that have voted for her probably only 35 of them at most are strong Yu Na fans, and the other 50 probably genuinely believe that she is the most undermarked skater ever. How they conclude that given the other options I am not sure, but that is probably the case. Probably since many think only someone really famous is an acceptable answer in any poll, hence why Kim and Kwan seem to clean up all the ladies polls here.
    You think too much, hahaha

Actually, the votes raising so fast in couple days because Yuna's fans in Korea just know about it since then. Some Korean fans visited this place and saw this theard, they back then post this on their fanpage, their blog. Many Koreans know it now, if not because of her ice show is highlighted now, Korean media maybe even report this

vCash
    Actually, the votes raising so fast in couple days because Yuna's fans in Korea just know about it since then. Some Korean fans visited this place and saw this theard, they back then post this on their fanpage, their blog. Many Koreans know it now, if not because of her ice show is highlighted now, Korean media maybe even report this
    I'm shocked that anybody would actually care that much about some insignificant poll. Some fans are crazy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coraczek View Post
    I'm shocked that anybody would actually care that much about some insignificant poll. Some fans are crazy
    Yeah, I'm her fan but I have to admit that our fandom are too crazy about her, I could not even though I really want

Today, about 800 fans waited since morning till evening just to meet her in 1 hour. They could go crazy like that in real life, let alone some poll on internet, fans will make sure Yuna win in every positive poll

http://i.imgur.com/rIKXGEW.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/qRPfi1j.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/T2MDvF1.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/U46I42f.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/RKw1hgz.jpg
    Last edited by HVS; 05-03-2014 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Poor Daisuke, though.
    I actually cant think of one time Daisuke was robbed of a big title or medal. Some say the 2012 worlds or 2010 Olympics but I think that is more heart than head.

vCash
    I think Todd is a bit underrated on this poll. In terms of undermarking I would put him just behind Drobiazko & Vanagas but above Yu Na Kim.

vCash
    Savoie.

Why is Yuna on this poll? And she's actually "winning?" Are there THAT many crazed Yunabots on this forum?

Ridiculous.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateboy View Post
    Savoie.

Why is Yuna on this poll? And she's actually "winning?" Are there THAT many crazed Yunabots on this forum?

Ridiculous.
    Saying Savoie is far more ridiculous. Between those two I would say Yu Na is the more underscored of the two, although neither is the most underscored.

Savoie basically was scored about right. He was a good second tier U.S skater.

vCash
    Most . absurd .poll . result . ever. Can we take it down?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast