• Lu Chen

18 5.25%
  • Delobel & Schoenfelder

22 6.41%
  • other (specify)

41 11.95%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

vCash
    Pechalat/Bourzat's PCS at this year's worlds and olympics free dance, at worlds due to skate order I guess

vCash
    I haven't read this whole thread but I voted "other" for Matt Savoie.

vCash
    Wow if I had known Savoie would have this much discussion in this thread I would have included him on my poll. Honestly he never came up in my mind. I guess I just never thought of him as being that underrated or underscored. He is a pleasant skater but his skating never excited me and mens skating is mostly about speed, power, dynamic, and athleticsm and he didnt have those traits to way many of his U.S peers like Lysacek, Weiss, Weir, Goebel, Eldredge, and others. I was glad he finally made an Olympic/World team in his final year. That was pretty much the peak of his potential IMO.

vCash
    Wow! Yu na Kim the most undermarked skater? That's hard to believe. I am not saying she is overmarked, but I wouldn't think of her as undermarked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread but I voted "other" for Matt Savoie.
    Agreed. Matt was way ahead of his times, way before the COP, transitions, etc. became a norm. The 6.0 system did not reward his talent adequately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Wow! Yu na Kim the most undermarked skater? That's hard to believe. I am not saying she is overmarked, but I wouldn't think of her as undermarked.
    The Yunabots are out in full force over her Olympic loss (and I am a fan of her skating). Why she was included in this poll, I have no idea.
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    I feel Joannie Rochette was undermarked for most of her senior career, especially in transitions and choreography.

I feel Cynthia Phaneuf was also undermarked. She had great skating skills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    Why she was included in this poll, I have no idea.
    Considering she is tied for 1st in this poll, obviously I would have been stupid to not have included her. Instead of 23 votes "other" would have 70.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    The Yunabots are out in full force over her Olympic loss (and I am a fan of her skating). Why she was included in this poll, I have no idea.
    Only because she lost in Sochi - same reason as to why Sotnikova was included in the 'overmarked' poll.

vCash
    Johnny Weir belongs on that list. As do Elizabeth Punsalan and Jerod Swallow.
    Last edited by operagirl; 05-02-2014 at 05:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Only because she lost in Sochi - same reason as to why Sotnikova was included in the 'overmarked' poll.
    Meh, I am no way a fan of Adelina. But to call Yuna the most under-marked skater is so unfair to other skaters who were always under-marked like Chen Lu or Takahashi for example. Just because her fanbase are huge. Other skaters have to be forgotten. Lol

vCash
    ITA.

And now she has more votes than D&V

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Drobiazko and Vanagas having 7 times the votes of Delobel and Schoenfelder.
    Yeah, I would reverse that, personally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Yeah, I would reverse that, personally.
    Delobel & Schoenfelder atleast won a world title, a grand prix final title, and a European title. They would have won silver in Turin if they didnt mess up their CD, and would have been given a 2nd world title in 2009 easily had it not been for her fluke shoulder injury in the grand prix final.

vCash
    LOL at Yuna's votes rasing so fast

Yuna's fandom are all wake up lately to prepare for her ice show, I guess they somehow just check then vote while waiting for her

vCash
    Matt Savoie. Really beautiful, introspective quality to his skating. But it was lost on the judges sometimes.

vCash
    One skater who was really undermarked was Lisa Marie Allen. Should have won 2 or 3 of the U.S titles the OVERmarked and OVERrated Linda Doozeianne won.

vCash
    Kim and Drobiazko & Vanagas are both overrated on this poll. Both are very undermarked skaters who deserved more titles/medals, but still not the most. The most undermarked would have to be Delobel & Schnellfelder, Caryn Kadavy, and Angelo Nikodoonov.

vCash
    I find it funny to look at Yuna's competitive record (NEVER off the podium in her international junior and senior results) and hear her called "undermarked."
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grassroots39 View Post
    One skater who was really undermarked was Lisa Marie Allen. Should have won 2 or 3 of the U.S titles the OVERmarked and OVERrated Linda Doozeianne won.
    As much as people lamented Denise Biellmann's results pre-factored placements, it's important to point out that Lisa Allen would have had at least 1 U.S. National Title (1980) had factored placements been used.

The most undermarked would have to be Delobel & Schnellfelder, Caryn Kadavy, and Angela Nikodinov
    Unfortunately in the 6.0 era, their historical record of inconsistency always worked against these skaters even the few times when they skated clean.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast