18 5.25%
  • Delobel & Schoenfelder

22 6.41%
  • other (specify)

41 11.95%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    LOL, Kim ubers are a delusional bunch. Viva la Sotnikova!!!
    In my opinion, Mao has been underscored more than Kim: 2010 Worlds, 2014 Sochi and Worlds (though of course Kim didn't compete in it), and 2007 and 2009 Worlds, especially in the LPs, for example. Many posters at youtube and golden skate have commented on this.

Comments on Mao's 2010 Worlds LP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCZCM8AKCU
    Last edited by gotoschool; 07-19-2014 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    In my opinion, Mao has been underscored more than Kim: 2010 Worlds, 2014 Sochi and Worlds (though of course Kim didn't compete in it), and 2007 and 2009 Worlds, especially in the LPs, for example. Many posters at youtube and golden skate have commented on this.

Comments on Mao's 2010 Worlds LP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCZCM8AKCU
    Mao Asada is very difficult to judge. because she can be spectacular and fantastic. But her jumps are always questionnable, and her basic skating and jumping technique are not the best.
    So, I think she was overmarked when she didn't skate that well (GP serie this season for example) and underscored when she skated very well (2010 Worlds, 2014 Olys...). That's my feeling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    Mao Asada is very difficult to judge. because she can be spectacular and fantastic. But her jumps are always questionnable, and her basic skating and jumping technique are not the best.
    So, I think she was overmarked when she didn't skate that well (GP serie this season for example) and underscored when she skated very well (2010 Worlds, 2014 Olys...). That's my feeling.
    It was criminal 4 years ago in Vancouver where Mao performed 3 Triple Axels, 1 in SP and 2 in FS and still wasn't even close to beating Kim! That's probably why she was so stubborn falling out of every attempt this past season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Who do you consider a stronger ice dancer- Gezalian or Kostomarov? Neither was very good technically at all, but Kostomarov did have the beautiful leg lines and style to go with Navka. However they didn't come up with any fascinating programs together, while G&N seemed to come up with more interesting work together. That might be due to coaching though.

I agree D&S should have placed higher in the CD at both the 2005 worlds and 2006 Olympics than they did. Probably around 4th in that phase. I think their OD was scored correctly at both events though. I do believe I would still have them coming out 3rd at the 2005 worlds and 2nd at the 2006 Olympics, factoring in all programs, but winning the FD at both. Didn't see all the programs at the 2004 worlds and 2006 worlds, but they were definitely underplaced in those events, and probably even more than those other two. I belive they had a better OD performance at those events than the 2005 worlds and 2006 Olympics too.
    Hmm difficult to choose because, as you said, neither are technically strong skaters. I've never liked any programs that N&K did together but I quite like N&G's free dances in both 1993 and 1994. I guess for me, N&G were a better packaged team with more interesting programs. I wonder if the tango FD they did in 1993 was the program that Navka & Platov were meant to do before he left to get back together with Grishuk.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314