18 5.25%
  • Delobel & Schoenfelder

22 6.41%
  • other (specify)

41 11.95%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I totally disagree. Lambiel can use his blades and edges much better than Plushenko and has always been a lot more versatile in footwork than Plushenko. He was flowing around the rink doing COP footwork even before COP started. He also has one of the best carriages in figure skating, while Plushenko's back posture is not the best. The only thing I didn't really like about his form was toe point. But that improved a lot by the end of his eligible career.
    I think you are thinking of the Plushenko of 2009-2014 which if you are a younger fan is probably the one you are most familiar with and understandable. I am referring to prime Plushenko of 2000-2006. I actually am a bigger fan of Lambiel than Plushenko but even when Lambiel was at his best in 2005 and 2006 the big difference in their PCS was Plushenko skating with so much more command, power, and flow over the ice than Lambiel, even if Lambiel was more elegant, had nicer lines, better choreography, he didnt fill the rink the way Plushenko did. As a result Plushenko beat Lambiel in PCS by about a point or more on average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    What I find uncomfortable was that you seemed to indicate that Yuna has so many more fans in her country mainly because of her musicality and charisma, which is supposedly on a much greater than either Lambiel or Kostner. You then seemed to want to prove that by pointing out the fact that they don't have nearly the popularity and fame as Kim in their respective countries.
    You got my half-point.

I didn't say Yuna had much greater musicality than others two. I did mean she much more popular although she not above them in that aspect. And that's the world-wide popularity here, let alone in their respective countries. Lambiel and Kostner are no doubt one of the most famous athletes in their country, then Yuna is the most famous person in her country. Different, no?

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Kostner in Sochi

The true Olympic Champ!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Kostner in Sochi

The true Olympic Champ!
    For angelic feel; maybe! Tara blew her out of the water describing the jumps in her skate; 2/Sals, 2/Toes! The tech scores were significantly higher with the winner and runner-up; sorry!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero425 View Post
    For angelic feel; maybe! Tara blew her out of the water describing the jumps in her skate; 2/Sals, 2/Toes! The tech scores were significantly higher with the winner and runner-up; sorry!
    Tara was much better than Sotnikova so comparing Kostner to Tara isnt the same as comparing Kostner to Sotnikova. Sotnikova is a terrible skater who won her gold medal entirely by politics, and zero from her actual skating.

vCash
    I voted Yu Na and I am not even a Yu Na fan. Imagine how many more titles she would have won if she were from a powerful federation like Japan or the U.S or most all Russia. She had to earn every mark and placement she got coming from a federation with no power at all. That and Sochi was the biggest highway robbery I ever saw in the sport. The judges should literally be charged with treason.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hirtmoles31 View Post
    The judges should literally be charged with treason.
    Yes, I quite agree - very strange that they haven't been.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hirtmoles31 View Post
    I voted Yu Na and I am not even a Yu Na fan. Imagine how many more titles she would have won if she were from a powerful federation like Japan or the U.S or most all Russia. She had to earn every mark and placement she got coming from a federation with no power at all. That and Sochi was the biggest highway robbery I ever saw in the sport. The judges should literally be charged with treason.
    You mean treason towards the ISU? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    You mean treason towards the ISU? lol

vCash
    A toss up between Slutskaya and Yu Na Kim. I would give Irina Slutskaya the slight edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-FAN View Post
    Kostner in Sochi

The true Olympic Champ!
    I agree here for at least the short program! I still don't understand how a clean Carolina with a 3F-3T still gets beaten by Adelina with a 3T-3T.

vCash
    The short program points in Sochi should have been:

1. Kim 79 points
    2. Kostner 75 points
    3. Sotnikova 69 points

There is no way Kostner should have lost to Sotnikova in the short, but there is also no way she should have beaten Yu Na Kim. In the LP I could see a case for Kostner beating Kim, but even then maybe not. Kostner didnt do two triple lutzes or any triple-triple while Kim did one of the hardest, and Kostner has the worst spins in the top 10, so I would say Kim easily outskated Kostner technically even with 6 triples to 7. I would give Kostner the higher PCS in the LP though (not in the SP). I would have Asada 1st in the LP, but even if Kim was 3rd in the LP she would easily deserve to win overall.

Sotnikova should have been 4th overall behind Asada who deserved to beat her by atleast the needed 15 point margin in the LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I agree here for at least the short program! I still don't understand how a clean Carolina with a 3F-3T still gets beaten by Adelina with a 3T-3T.
    That sp is angelic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frillit View Post
    Tara was much better than Sotnikova so comparing Kostner to Tara isnt the same as comparing Kostner to Sotnikova. Sotnikova is a terrible skater who won her gold medal entirely by politics, and zero from her actual skating.
    Come on; Sotnikova couldn't have been that bad! She definitely had more technical content than Kostner! If you want to quibble over artistic marks with Yu Na, fine, but she was far from inept on the ice and I didn't find it wrong-headed to give her the Gold! All skaters get a leg up; depending on the event and country performing! Kwan stole enough medals way back when and few whined about it!
    Last edited by Fiero425; 05-26-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Punctuation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiero425 View Post
    Come on; Sotnikova couldn't have been that bad! She definitely had more technical content than Kostner! If you want to quibble over artistic marks with Yu Na, fine, but she was far from inept on the ice and I didn't find it wrong-headed to give her the Gold! All skaters get a leg up; depending on the event and country performing! Kwan stole enough medals way back when and few whined about it!
    Kwan was a bit of a judges pet and was definitely overmarked but she didnt steal that many medals. 96 worlds the judges stole from Chen, and her 99 world medal which stole Malinina of her only ever worlds medal, but that is about it.

What is wrong about your post is it implies Sotnikova fully deserved her technical scores when in fact her technical scores were probably even more questionable than her outrageous PCS. She wasnt called for a flutz on either of her lutzes, her triple toe on the end of her triple lutz was clearly < or even << but wasnt called as such, her footwork did not merit level 4 in either program while Kim and Kostner were both wrongly given level 3, and generous GOE galore across the board (and purposely stingy for Kostner, Kim, and Asada in the LP). In no way did she deserve the gold medal, and I dont care about any of those skaters on a personal level.

vCash
    Drobiazko & Vanagas are way overrated in this poll. They arent that underscored. They maybe deserved a bronze or two more but that is it. Is there anyone really that clueless on ice dance they think they are world champion material. They arent in the league of people like Yu Na Kim, DelSchoes, Eldredge, Weaver & Poje category of underscoring.

Delobel & Schoenfelder were much more underscored since they actually deserved a bunch of world titles and maybe the 2006 Olympic gold or atleast silver. They are a stronger team than D&V and also skated in a weaker era where they should have had an easier time winning medals than D&V who faced some really strong teams, including ones that were clearly better than them like Anissina & Peizerat and Krylova & Ovsiannikov.

vCash
    I just want to say: This theard (and most overmarked too) is on the Korea media right now

As far as I know, Arirang chanel and countless Korea news site reported this

http://www.arirang.co.kr/News/News_View.asp?nseq=163082

vCash
    Wtf.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    Wtf.......
    Same here.
    Omg, they will kill me because of my posts about Yuna's fanatic fans in this thread at this rate.

vCash
    I voted for Todd Eldredge. Was robbed of the 95 and 97 world titles, and the 96 and 97 grand prix final titles.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast