Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,001 to 1,008 of 1008

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post

I sincerely hope that Maks calls in some help on the freestyle. His track record in that area is not good (please avoid the bed).
    I don't think using a bed as a prop would even occur to Maks when he has a partner that can really dance.

I think he was MUCH less "touchy-feely" on the show perhaps because her mother and brother are visiting? And during their package, it seemed to me that Meryl was losing just a tad of patience with him. She seems to be so "no-drama".

vCash
    Dear Maks (because you're totally reading this): PLEASE watch the temper in rehearsals for the next week.

You know perfectly well that Amy and Derek's last rehearsal package will be Oprah and sunshine and puppies and unicorns farting inspirational rainbows, so please don't give the show anything to use to make you look like an ogre again. We all know Meryl ain't afraid of you and can handle your HULK SMASH moods, but I saw some virtual eyebrow-raising over the thrown microphone when I was looking around at discussion boards last night. Please count to ten!
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    Candace over Danica AND Charlie? That is so wrong, it's wrongful. (Those of you in another thread will get the joke.)

Am I being an insensitive idiot if I mention that Amy's dance feet give her an unfair advantage in creating a good line? Kudos to her for being able to manage such a small balance point, but the judges still don't know how to critique her. How about some comments on weight shift and upper body alignment? Sometimes she gets it right, sometimes she doesn't and Derek is doing all the work. Call her out if it's not there.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    While I get that faith is a big part of her life. I do think she's used it in excess. She's used her faith to cater to the evangelical segment, which of course is what I expected. I'm not surprised she'd in the finals, even though I think she should be nowhere near the finals.

Honestly sometimes I think I am the only somehwhat evangelical who is not voting for her.
    No, you're not. I've only voted for Meryl and Charlie. My faith is very important to me, but it doesn't dictate which DWTS celebrity I vote for!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChelleC View Post
    While I get that faith is a big part of her life. I do think she's used it in excess. She's used her faith to cater to the evangelical segment, which of course is what I expected. I'm not surprised she'd in the finals, even though I think she should be nowhere near the finals.

Honestly sometimes I think I am the only somehwhat evangelical who is not voting for her.

I agree that she has used it to excess- especially when you consider we've only heard a BRIEF mention of Charlie/Meryl's grueling schedule. Most stars would bring the drama and complain about the flying back and forth, long hours, etc., but there was none of that from D/W. Kudos to them for keeping it classy.

So bummed Charlie is gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Dear Maks (because you're totally reading this): PLEASE watch the temper in rehearsals for the next week.

You know perfectly well that Amy and Derek's last rehearsal package will be Oprah and sunshine and puppies and unicorns farting inspirational rainbows, so please don't give the show anything to use to make you look like an ogre again. We all know Meryl ain't afraid of you and can handle your HULK SMASH moods, but I saw some virtual eyebrow-raising over the thrown microphone when I was looking around at discussion boards last night. Please count to ten!
    On TV, you could hear the studio audience gasp and boo.

vCash
    Eh, I think the audience gasped because it was a little shocking at that moment. Maks has done much, much worse in the past and people still love him. In general, I think people find his humanity endearing - whereas Derek the robot and his neverending perfection irks some people.

The thing about the Maks-Meryl drama is that she is always cast as the hero. I think it's given people a chance to admire how calm under pressure she is and how good she is at dealing with a difficult partner (instead of BEING a difficult partner, as so many contestants are).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnskater View Post
    Are you kidding? That package tonight was so over the top with "only dancing for God" etc. From the very first show her packages featured her religion/faith. I posted here then she would make the finals because of it....and here she is, despite having the lowest scores of all the semi-finalists. Same thing with Palin. As I said before, it works great for politicians too....a great vote getter for a large segment of Americans that watch.
    This Christian found the "package" offensive.
    It was an OTT appeal to her "super-evangelical" voting base after appearing to be uncomfortable with the very idea of dancing at the start of the season,

She hasn't danced well enough to be a "finalist"; even in a "popularity" contest.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051