Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Savchenko/Szolkowy's "Imagine on Ice" 2014 show in Chemnitz, Germany on April 26

http://www.imagineonice.de
    In English: http://www.imagineonice.de/show-english.html

2 shows on Saturday, April 26, 2014:
    1. Show: 14:30 Uhr bis 17:30 Uhr
    2. Show: 20:00 Uhr bis 22:30 Uhr

Cast:
    Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy
    Olympic Champions Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin
    World Champion Carolina Kostner
    European Champion Sarah Meier
    German Champion Peter Liebers
    Kristoffer Berntsson
    Stefan Lindemann
    Lutricia Bock, 2-time German Junior Ladies champion
    Jason Graetz, Besedin & Polishchuk

Hopefully there will be fan reports, photos, videos?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I will go to the first show.

vCash
    I will be there, too

vCash
    Me too, I´m have been looking forward to it since January

vCash
    Savchenko/Szolkowy, Totmianina/Marinin, VOIDY Berntsson and divine Kostner. A really awesome cast.

Enjoy the show and please report back.

vCash
    In German: http://news-chemnitz.de/abschiedssho...der_stadt-2504
    Google Translated article:
    Farewell Show: Chemnitz skating pair receive honorary prize of the City

With a large ice show in Chemnitz Arena, the figure skaters Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy say goodbye to their fans. The show "Imagine On Ice" is listed twice according to the organizers today. There are only a few tickets still available. The Revue is the last major highlight of the joint career of skating pair. Thereafter, the two want to go their separate ways. Szolkowy wants to end claims to his career, Savchenko plans to continue with a new partner. Her parents have traveled from Ukraine to witness the event in the audience.

In the Ice Gala both multiple world and European champions will also get presented the honorary prize of the city of Chemnitz. "Aliona and Robin have over ten years set the standards in international pair of running," Mayor Barbara Ludwig said in anticipation. "They have continued to figure skating history the city of Chemnitz in an outstanding way. They have their sports, their country and their city represents impressive. Uniquely, they have united sporting excellence and artistic standards that touches millions of people worldwide and enthusiastic. The Speedwell want to tell the city of Chemnitz `Thank you. '" The price has been awarded only four times. The previous winners are figure skating coach Jutta Müller, who also sits in the audience today, as well as discus-Olympic champion Lars Riedel, track cycling Olympic champion Jens Fiedler and the urban watchman Stefan Weber.
    Looking forward to reading reports/impressions of the show!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Kind of interesting that S/S are performing together even though she is also with a new partner.

vCash
    it's their last performance together and as from tomorrow she is starting to train with massot

vCash
    Do Savchenko & Massot know yet whether they are skating for France or Germany?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Do Savchenko & Massot know yet whether they are skating for France or Germany?
    No. Can we keep this thread about the show only, please?

Link to Savchenko/Massot thread in GSD - a recent interview is linked there: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4242511
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-26-2014 at 08:31 PM.

vCash
    I was there, and it was great. Best acts for me were: of S/S good bye skate with "Stay" from Hurts, seeing Stefan Lindemann again, Carolinas Bolero, and finally being able to see Totmianina/ Marinin Peter Liebers rocked the ice rink. It was hard to pick a favourite performance.
    The one I missed (who was announced to come) was Florent Amodio. Has anybody an idea why he wasn´t there?

Announcement from Ingo after the first show: there will be a next show in December 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish-Angel View Post
    I was there, and it was great. Best acts for me were: of S/S good bye skate with "Stay" from Hurts, seeing Stefan Lindemann again, Carolinas Bolero, and finally being able to see Totmianina/ Marinin Peter Liebers rocked the ice rink. It was hard to pick a favourite performance.
    The one I missed (who was announced to come) was Florent Amodio. Has anybody an idea why he wasn´t there?
    Amodio is doing a post-Olympic tour with the rest of the French team. I'm surprised he was even announced as a cast member.

I hope some pics & video will show up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    Amodio is doing a post-Olympic tour with the rest of the French team. I'm surprised he was even announced as a cast member.
    Amodio was listed originally on the website but I noticed his name was later removed.

Thanks for these S/S show photo links!

ETA: And thank you, Irish-Angel, for sharing your thoughts!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-26-2014 at 09:38 PM.

vCash
    Hi Lily, thank you very much for the pictures!
    Sarah Meier was as great and beautifully elegant as ever, with great spins and a nice footwork Unfortunately I can´t tell you to which music she skated. That was a little sad because for me it would have been interesting. No information in the program booklet as well The best thing for me was the ending, where the fans (including me) came down right to the ice rink and gave standing ovations to all the skaters and to celebrate all of them.

vCash
    Thanks for the report and the links to the photos. Sad to see their last show.(Is it really their last appearance together in shows?) It's nice to hear they were celebrated by fans in the very end of their career. Bitter and sweet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Sad to see their last show.(Is it really their last appearance together in shows?) It's nice to hear they were celebrated by fans in the very end of their career. Bitter and sweet.
    They are still listed on the cast of 'All That Skate' in Korea next week (May 4 to 6). I really hope that they will skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    They are still listed on the cast of 'All That Skate' in Korea next week (May 4 to 6). I really hope that they will skate.
    Considered that with "they" you mean S/S, I don´t think so . It is rumored, that Aliona will skate with Bruno there. Robin has called off all shows.

vCash
    "Savchenko hat bereits das Training mit ihrem neuen Partner aufgenommen. Im Mai stehen erste Showauftitte in Südkorea..."
    Full article: http://www.zeit.de/news/2014-04/27/w...eiert-27114209

http://www.focus.de/sport/winterspor...d_3802266.html
    Google translation:
    Szolkowy has not yet decided where his further career path leads. "I've enjoyed the time, but now I'm not falling into a hole"
    Photos of S/S in show: http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sport...om-eis100.html

5-minute news video includes show clips and interviews with both of them, Steuer, Jutta Muller, and Totmianina in English (scroll down): http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sport...-923cd6bf.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-27-2014 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    likely be france then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast