Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

vCash
    Best of luck to both of them in the future. I'm sure they didn't make the decision lightly.

Looking for my siggy!!!
    vCash
    So sad I absolutely adored them ! So what now for Lawrence & Sweigers do they hang in their with all that poor girls injurys or hang 'em up too ??

vCash
    Senior teams in Canada for 2014/2015 - updated:

Duhamel & Radford (refer to this April 2nd article: Duhamel far from ready to hang up skates)
    Lawrence & Swiegers - awaiting status confirmation for 2014/15
    Jones & Reagan

Moving up from Juniors:

Vanessa Grenier & Maxime Deschamps
    Julianne Séguin & Charlie Bilodeau

Split confirmed today: Moore-Towers & Moscovitch (both seeking new partners)
    Hearsay splits: Purich & Tran, Purdy & Marinaro, Rau & Rob Schultz (reportedly has retired?)

New teams (hearsay):

Shalena Rau & Sebastian Arcieri
    Natasha Purich & Drew Wolfe
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-30-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: To add Duhamel article link
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Penniless Rostrum View Post
    So sad I absolutely adored them ! So what now for Lawrence & Sweigers do they hang in their with all that poor girls injurys or hang 'em up too ??
    Not sure. Paige & Rudi were interviewed at Worlds by CBC's Scott Russell and didn't confirm their plans for next year. I assume they want to assess Paige's injury with her doctors this month and determine whether she's in good shape to continue next season.

There are 3 Pairs spots for next year, so whether they get one depends on whether both Kirsten & Dylan end up on the podium with their respective partners next year along with D&R. I guess there's a risk L&S could be pushed down to 4th depending on what happens.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    With three spots at worlds, with all this turmoil I hope Skate Canada will assign all of the senior pairs team to an international to make sure we have enough teams with minimum TES.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Vanessa Grenier and Maxime Deschamps are in Germany right now
    Grenier tweeted on April 28:
    "Back in Mtl and we say #homesweethome ... I say stayin at the same place for 11 consecutive days, THAT was home !! #Berlin isu seminar <3"

The 2014 ISU Pair Skating Training Development Seminar was held in Berlin, Germany, April 18-26 and Bruno Marcotte was one of the moderators; Louis Stong was the Coordinator.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Moore-Towers and Marinaro were on the ice together earlier today.

vCash
    Interesting! Were they in KW?
    Last edited by laser; 05-02-2014 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by million$momma View Post
    Moore-Towers and Marinaro were on the ice together earlier today.
    Interesting. I wonder if this partnership just came together recently after Worlds or whether it was something Kirsten put out feelers about earlier in the year?

According to a comment by the coach of P&M that Sylvia posted in the other M-T&M thread, Michael & Margaret were planning on continuing together as of a few weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    Interesting! Were they in KW?
    No. They were in Komoka with Rachuk & Purkiss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if this partnership just came together recently after Worlds or whether it was something Kirsten put out feelers about earlier in the year?

According to a comment by the coach of P&M that Sylvia posted in the other M-T&M thread, Michael & Margaret were planning on continuing together as of a few weeks ago.

Just posted this in the MT-M thread but thought I would re-post here

"yfgb722 may well be right and history is repeating itself. As Sylvia posted, P/M's coach (at the beginning of April) was quoted in the London paper saying that P/M would be getting ready for the next season after a 2 week break so I don't think they had split prior. People that I have asked have said that P/M were on the ice together up until a week and a half ago.

Maybe million$momma can confirm since she has been posting info about P/M and KMT in the Canadian Pairs thread."

Feeling bad for Dylan and for Margaret
    Last edited by laser; 05-03-2014 at 08:43 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    I noticed on Margaret's facebook page that she is/was on vacation in Barbados in recent weeks. She's posted some photos of herself there.

Perhaps the split happened while she was away and Kirsten approached Michael about the idea of partnering?

https://www.facebook.com/margaret.purdy.12

vCash
    Any news for Mervin Tran?

vCash
    KMT and Dylan split, KMT called Marinaro, Marinaro split with Purdy, Purdy went on a two week vacation to get her head around things (understandably devastated), KMT and Marinaro have been skating im Komoka for the past week or two.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookin in View Post
    KMT and Dylan split, KMT called Marinaro, Marinaro split with Purdy, Purdy went on a two week vacation to get her head around things (understandably devastated), KMT and Marinaro have been skating im Komoka for the past week or two.

vCash
    I am SUCH a huge Dylan fan. He's in great shape and can do anything on the ice.
    But on the flipside, Marinaro's a stud. He's like David Pelletier in 1998 who can do it all and was just WAITING for a partner.
    They both have great on ice personalities and it pains me to say that come nationals next year we will almost have forgotten Dylan...unless he finds a partner. They will be fresh and fun and will have an audience pretty quickly.

The question long term will be elements.
    Will they be able to push the envelope technically like D/R could? Wirtz can't teach high value lifts. Will they have any distinguishing sbs or throw jumps? We will need to know this year where their tech score will come from. They will be able to get PCS over time...

It's bittersweet but I'm excited. Should be a good time. Cut to me running around to even the little summer and fall comps...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Except for L3 on a lift at GPF and FCCoSp33 at GPF and RC, MT/M got L4 on all of their lifts and spins this season. Their weaker elements, GOE and/or level-wise were the 3Tw (generally L2) and the DSs (generally L2-3). P/M got L3, with one L4, on the lifts they completed properly at SA and SC, which shouldn't be an issue given MT's height. They both bring high-level lift experience that should be transferable to a new partnership.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I am SUCH a huge Dylan fan. He's in great shape and can do anything on the ice.
    But on the flipside, Marinaro's a stud. He's like David Pelletier in 1998 who can do it all and was just WAITING for a partner.
    They both have great on ice personalities and it pains me to say that come nationals next year we will almost have forgotten Dylan...unless he finds a partner. They will be fresh and fun and will have an audience pretty quickly.
    Kirsten & Michael do have potential. Kirsten is very perky & energetic, and Michael has sometimes been compared to Craig Buntin in terms of looks & personality.

But even when you put two talented people together, it can take a while to get consistency in competition and recognition from the judges. And while a newly constituted team can begin to form its own fanbase, spectators sometimes maintain loyalty to the old team for a while and can take some time to win over.

It will be interesting to see whether Dylan is able to find a partner as well, and whether they end up competing against each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Senior teams in Canada for 2014/2015 - updated:

Duhamel & Radford (refer to this April 2nd article: Duhamel far from ready to hang up skates)
    Lawrence & Swiegers - awaiting status confirmation for 2014/15
    Jones & Reagan

Moving up from Juniors:

Vanessa Grenier & Maxime Deschamps
    Julianne Séguin & Charlie Bilodeau

Split confirmed today: Moore-Towers & Moscovitch (both seeking new partners)
    Hearsay splits: Purich & Tran, Purdy & Marinaro, Rau & Rob Schultz (reportedly has retired?)

New teams (hearsay):

Shalena Rau & Sebastian Arcieri
    Natasha Purich & Drew Wolfe
    Swiegers announced their split and his "taking a year off" today on facebook.

vCash
    I would like Radford to skate with Moore-Towers or with Lawrence. That would a lovely pair.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast