Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    Gaaaahhhhh......this off season is killing me.
    Although I do understand that Dylan is getting up there age-wise, they are so close to making that world podium, you would think he might try for one more season and try to go out with a world medal.
    If these rumours are true, I will really miss them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    This doesn't seem possible. Moore Towers and Moscovitch seemed so committed to continuing.
    Yes, if anything, the Olympics seemed to further fuel their desire, and they both seemed to be enjoying the whole process of skating/competing and all the little perks that came with being an Olympic athlete. And they were knocking on the door of a World medal (and seemed determined to regain their national title). If this rumor is true, it would be a rather sudden change of heart from the comments they were making recently.

The only thing I can think of is that Moscovitch is in a relationship with a girl who I don't believe lives all that close to where MT&M train. Perhaps the relationship is getting more serious and he desires to spend more time with her (ie. live closer to her or with her in a place that isn't where he trains). But it seems Dylan has generally always enjoyed juggling the different aspects of his life simultaneously. This rumored split doesn't make sense based on what we have heard publicly. Dylan had talked before and after the Olympics about wanting to continue, and he mentioned how after several years together, he and Kirsten were now starting to make their mark.

And not that public quotes mean much (especially if one partner decides to quit), but it's interesting to note that Kirsten said this right before the Olympics... “Dylan and I have a very special relationship. It’s rare in pairs and dance to have the relationship we have...We have gotten used to doing this together and I can say I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else.”
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 04-26-2014 at 11:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    Yes, if anything, the Olympics seemed to further fuel their desire, and they both seemed to be enjoying the whole process of skating/competing and all the little perks that came with being an Olympic athlete. And they were knocking on the door of a World medal (and seemed determined to regain their national title). If this rumor is true, it would be a rather sudden change of heart from the comments they were making recently.
    Exactly. They finished as the top Canadian pair at the Olympics, and were just off the podium at Worlds (3rd in the LP).

Btw, Dylan was just in Toronto last week as a parade marshall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post

And not that public quotes mean much (especially if one partner decides to quit), but it's interesting to note that Kirsten said this right before the Olympics... “Dylan and I have a very special relationship. It’s rare in pairs and dance to have the relationship we have...We have gotten used to doing this together and I can say I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else.”
    I interesting quote coming from someone who, as far as I know, has only ever had one pairs or dance partner. How would she know what other relationships are like? You really never know what is going on unless you are actually part of the relationship. I guess she was very young at the time. Perhaps age and experience have shown her differently.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Kmt previously skated with Andrew Evans

vCash
    Dylan is one of the strongest pairs men out there - he really makes that team ...... But he has a national title and Olympic medal ...... So if it true he's had a good career - but I am hoping it's not true !!!!!

vCash
    If this is true, I really do wonder what went wrong so fast. Multiple times leading up to and after the Olympics they have mentioned continuing. It didn't even appear to be much of a question for them.

From February: "Moscovitch said he asked his partner about South Korea two days after arriving in Sochi.

'We love the Olympics, we love skating, we love training and we love our lives," said the 29-year-old. "I don't think that we've maxed out. I think we're just starting to hit stride and I'm really excited to see what more we're capable of.'"
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 04-27-2014 at 05:22 AM.

vCash
    I think Kirsten would be a great match for Mervin Tran.

(if he could match her technical abilities)

vCash
    Purich/Wolfe will train on Quebec.
    I thnk this could work. They're both good skaters, the training base should bring out the best in both of them, a year in juniors would give him time to finetune the pairs skills, and Canada certainly needs pair teams that are eligible for the JGP.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post

Unfortunately, they can't train together over Skype.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I thnk this could work. They're both good skaters, the training base should bring out the best in both of them, a year in juniors would give him time to finetune the pairs skills, and Canada certainly needs pair teams that are eligible for the JGP.
    I don't know anything about Wolfe (is he related to Sebastien?), but I think a year in juniors could be good for Purich as well. Isn't she too old by now though?

ETA: I looked up her birthdate, and yes, Purich will be 19 before July 1st, so she's aged out of the JGP.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 04-27-2014 at 05:36 AM.

vCash

Someone above said Kirsten is apparently thinking of skating with Michael Marinaro.

Since Kirsten is not even 5 feet tall, she would be a half foot shorter than Margaret Purdy and would be a lot easier for Michael to handle.

vCash
    I was looking at Kirsten's facebook this afternoon after seeing this thread, and someone had posted "Say it isn't so Kirsten!" but then it was deleted a few hours later.

vCash
    Well, I prefer free discussion of skating topics on Facebook so I wish threads wouldn't get deleted, but I can kind of understand that it might be a subject Kirsten wants to wait and address officially at some point in May or June when the new National Team is selected for next year and we find out which partnerships are actually going ahead.

vCash
    I think Kirsten has every right to have some say in what gets discussed on her technically personal Facebook, even if she's been accepting fans on it for years as well.

Not remotely pleased with this potential news.

vCash
    Now that Russian dance partner shuffle has quieted down, it's Canadian pairs turn...

vCash
    I am so disappointed, they were so close to medalling for a couple of years at Worlds and their programmes were so charming. I have to be honest that the main reason I love the team is for Kirsten, but I do love their lifts and obviously Dylan's strength plays a huge part in those!

vCash
    Not to add strictly personal rumours to this but isn't Moore-Towers actually dating Reagan? Would that increase or decrease chances of them teaming-up next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrdc View Post
    Not to add strictly personal rumours to this but isn't Moore-Towers actually dating Reagan? Would that increase or decrease chances of them teaming-up next season?
    I have no idea who her boyfriend is.

Is Reagan the American guy who just started representing Canada last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I have no idea who her boyfriend is.

Is Reagan the American guy who just started representing Canada last year?
    Yes. Currently paired with Brittany Jones. KMT has posted photos with him at events on her Instagram. She previously dated Jones' ex-partner, Beharry so it seems she has a type. LOL

(Meant this in a joking manner so hope it doesn't sound mean-spirited)
    Last edited by Nrdc; 04-27-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Regrets, I had a few

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast