Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

vCash
    Good to hear about Vanessa and Maxime as I really enjoyed watching them on the feed from Challenge. In fact, if I am correct, they scored higher then some of the senior teams while doing few elements. I have always thought of Vanessa as having good, solid jumps which should be a big bonus for this team. Hope they have a great season and catch the eye of the international panels.
    pug lover

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I think the Skate Canada Autumn Classic would be a great place for them to make their international debut.

vCash
    The Skate Canada Classic isn't until the middle of October - the 6th event in the Challenger series. I'd rather see Grenier/Deschamps debut earlier - e.g. the US Classic or maybe Nebellhorn. I'm sure they're more than ready - they were so good already last year, and the sooner they get a qualifying score the better.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    In the Canadian Singles thread, danafan wrote:

I really hope that Skate Canada will use is new senior B to give skaters not already on the senior grand prix a chance to get experience and get the TES minimums. They have criteria published on their site http://www.skatecanada.ca/Portals/2/...riteria-EN.pdf (the tech requirements for ladies seem outrageous but they weren't really followed last year). I hope that anyone who gets the senior B target score at a summer competition will be considered for the Autumn Classic.
    Looking at active/not split teams who competed competed internationally last season and whether they met senior TES Worlds minimums:

Pairs:
    Both: Seguin/Bilodeau and juniors Orr/Simpson
    None: Juniors Conway/Sherriff-Clayton

Conway/Sherriff-Clayton have a way to go, based on scores from one JGP appearance.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314