Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks Sylvia for the updates regarding Wesley and Devon. Such a shame that Devon is still partnerless given that he is JGP eligible! Maybe these two guys need to consider a move...both of their bios say they are not willing to relocate. That doesn't seem to be working for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Does anyone know which level the following are going to skate at this season:

Purich & Wolfe
    Rau & Arcieri
    Orr & Simpson
    Purich and Wolfe are registered in Senior Pairs for Championnats québécois d'été 2014 et volet international

Skater list as of June 19th
    Last edited by Cant Skate; 06-20-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: fixed link

vCash
    ^^^ Canadian pairs registered for Quebec:

Junior:
    Naomie Boudreau/Cedric Savard N3
    Camille Ruest/Samuel Morais (new team)
    Kassandra Trepanier/David-Alexandre Paradis (new team)
    [Emily Pike/Patrick Abderlerly AUS (new team) - she belongs to Minto & looks like they're mistakenly listed in pairs here - also listed in ice dance]

Novice:
    Lori-Ann Matte/Thierry Ferland N5
    Justine Brasseur N4/Mathieu Ostiguy (new team)
    Jennyfer Richer-Labelle/Alexandre Cabana PN1 at Challenge
    Fanny Durand/Steven Lapointe PN7 Challenge (new team)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-24-2014 at 04:25 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I was just snooping around on Facebook and Twitter and it would seem that Wesley finally has a partner now as well...Flora LeBlanc from France. She has no pairs experience from what I could tell, but it sounds like she is making the move to Canada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Purich and Wolfe are registered in Senior Pairs for Championnats québécois d'été 2014 et volet international

Skater list as of June 19th

Holy Smokes, I love the list of pairs that will be competing at the aforementioned competition! Castelli & Tran, Yankowskas & Gaman, and Purich & Wolfe. Awesome Sauce!!!!

vCash
    Who are Purich and Wolfe training with?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmart View Post
    Who are Purich and Wolfe training with?
    AFAIK they are in Quebec with Gauthier/Marcotte

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    I was just snooping around on Facebook and Twitter and it would seem that Wesley finally has a partner now as well...Flora LeBlanc from France. She has no pairs experience from what I could tell, but it sounds like she is making the move to Canada.
    Flora has some pair experience. Here is a video with Florian Lejeune. She was training in Caen, but the pair center is closing there. She could not find a tall partner in France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlaBaZ2n_Rw

vCash
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Ah thanks for that - should put it in a Canada Day thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Ah thanks for that - should put it in a Canada Day thread?
    The video was posted as a separate thread in GSD yesterday : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ters-are-HAPPY!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    So senior pairs is looking like this:

Duhamel & Radford
    Jones & Reagan
    Seguin & Bilodeau
    Grenier & Deschamps
    Iliusheckina & Moscovitch
    Moore-Towers & Marinaro
    Purich & Wolfe

Maybes:

LeBlanc & Killing
    Rau & Arceiri
    Orr & Simpson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The video was posted as a separate thread in GSD yesterday : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ters-are-HAPPY!
    Thanks. Didn't see that earlier.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    GP assignments:
    Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (Skate Canada & NHK)
    Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (Skate Canada & TEB)
    Brittany JONES / Joshua REAGAN (Skate Canada)

ETA that COS Thornhill initial entries are published - link is posted in the Canadian Summer Competitions thread:: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4284111

Junior Pairs: Allison Eby/Brett Varley N2, Hope McLean/Trennt Michaud (new)
    Novice Pairs: Jamie Knoblach/Nathan O'Brien N8, Colleen Collins/Alexander Brauner (new), Tessa Rankin/Christopher Rennick (new)

And in off-ice news : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...rcotte-engaged!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-29-2014 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    so lubov did not get her release? i dont see them on the list ... i am SOO looking forward to seeing what they can do together

vCash
    I'm bummed that we won't see Dylan/Lubov until Canadians (hopefully!)

vCash
    ^ me too! Although I hope they can get her paperwork sorted out in time for a "B" event

vCash
    It may not be only problem with paperwork. the team may not be ready. While the Russian pairs and dance couples started splitting immediately after worlds, the Canadians were a bit later and that may have set them a bit behind. We don't really know when Lubov-Dylan started skating together. Let's give them thw time they need rather than rushing them and then seeing unfinished product at a competition.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If she has her release, then they might be able to get on the alternates list, if they decide they're ready closer to GP time.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Vanessa Grenier and Maxime Deschamps article: http://www.goldenskate.com/2014/07/v...ime-deschamps/
    Excerpt:
    The team is still working with coaches Bruno Marcotte and Richard Gauthier and are also getting a little side help from ice dance coach Sylvie Fullum for detailing.

“My expectations for them are very high,” Marcotte commented. “Even if their progression last year was extremely fast, we still have to keep in mind that they are a really young team as far as experience goes. So my goals for this season is that they get a chance to represent Canada internationally and for them to make a great impression on the judge so they can start building their reputation on the international level.”
    “Every element is getting stronger and more consistent,” said Marcotte. “Their programs this year are much more intricate than last year.”

The skaters, who would like to compete as seniors internationally, are excited about their two new programs, both choreographed by Julie Marcotte (Bruno’s sister), for this season. For the short, they will be skating to a foxtrot remix of Frank Sinatra’s classic Cheek to Cheek.

“This style hasn’t been done much in pair skating and we also like the fact that it’s very joyful, just like our personalities,” said Grenier.

For the long, they will be performing to music from the movie Somewhere in Time.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast